Illegal U-turn

Unfair

Actually i suggest paying up since no demerit points.. But appeal if you want if u feel that u have wrongly been caught for doing the uturn. I wonder whats so dangerous about doing an illegal uturn if there are no cars.

Unfortunately when something really happen ... 9 out of 10 people would give reasons like

- I "thought" it was safe to turn

- I did not see any other car when turning

- the other car just "appear" from nowhere

1 out of 10 people would really admit it's a honest mistake ... [sly]

↡ Advertisement

I'm just wondering, what makes a U-Turn illegal? In some countries, if there an "No U-Turn" sign, then making a U turn is illegal. Over here, if there isn't any U Turn sign installed, making a U turn is illegal.

We are a strange country. Other countries, an act have to be expressly forbidden to make it illegal. Over here, if there's no approval, then it's probably illegal.

I so agree with you. However, its the way the system is. No way to change it unless it makes money for them. Same system that 'generates' women who demand your seat coz she is 4 days pregnant. Same system that gets guys into a frenzy and show you the middle finger when they are, any way you look at it, in the wrong.

Sorry about the bluster. Sleepy so brain not working very well. [sleeping]

Unfortunately when something really happen ... 9 out of 10 people would give reasons like

- I "thought" it was safe to turn

- I did not see any other car when turning

- the other car just "appear" from nowhere

1 out of 10 people would really admit it's a honest mistake ... [sly]

Let's move on, shall we?

Are those "eyes" high on the poles that you see at traffic junctions for recording illegal u-turn? Anyone has 'experience' before? Or for monitoring traffic situation?

Actually i suggest paying up since no demerit points.. But appeal if you want if u feel that u have wrongly been caught for doing the uturn. I wonder whats so dangerous about doing an illegal uturn if there are no cars.

even though there is no danger if there are no oncoming cars, it can cause inconvenience and frustration to cars behind especially if the bugger is u-turning into a narrow road. One example is the junction at serangoon central turning right to upper serangoon road towards city, just in front of NEX. Encountered many times these buggers (esp taxis) making illegal u-turn at that junction causing delay to traffic behind because they are u-turning into a narrow 2 lane road. I had missed the right turn few times because of them as they inexplicably slow down the traffic behind when they excute the turn. Now i always go to the 2nd lane (also a right turn lane) even if there are buses or heavy vehicles in front, they turn right to the main road even faster than these illegal u-turners. As i observed, 3 cars completing a successful right turn is only = to a single car making a u-turn at that junction. One thing i dun understand is there is a legal u-turn less than 100metres before the junction, yet they still want to make the illegal u-turn there. Taxi can understand cos the taxi stand is before the legal u-turn, but many times are pte vehicles doing the stunt. [mad]

My colleague got caught and fined few years ago at the same place that you had mentioned making an illegal u- turn. They are there to catch U turn vehicles as well as bus lane offenders. You should turn right all the way and make a three point turn beside the bus terminal.

even though there is no danger if there are no oncoming cars, it can cause inconvenience and frustration to cars behind especially if the bugger is u-turning into a narrow road. One example is the junction at serangoon central turning right to upper serangoon road towards city, just in front of NEX. Encountered many times these buggers (esp taxis) making illegal u-turn at that junction causing delay to traffic behind because they are u-turning into a narrow 2 lane road. I had missed the right turn few times because of them as they inexplicably slow down the traffic behind when they excute the turn. Now i always go to the 2nd lane (also a right turn lane) even if there are buses or heavy vehicles in front, they turn right to the main road even faster than these illegal u-turners. As i observed, 3 cars completing a successful right turn is only = to a single car making a u-turn at that junction. One thing i dun understand is there is a legal u-turn less than 100metres before the junction, yet they still want to make the illegal u-turn there. Taxi can understand cos the taxi stand is before the legal u-turn, but many times are pte vehicles doing the stunt. [mad]

just to comment: there are private vehicles doing the u-turn there bcos the pick up point is just next to the taxi stand.

Are those "eyes" high on the poles that you see at traffic junctions for recording illegal u-turn? Anyone has 'experience' before? Or for monitoring traffic situation?

Purely for monitoring. There might be a chance to use the recording if you have an accident nearby .

just to comment: there are private vehicles doing the u-turn there bcos the pick up point is just next to the taxi stand.

yes u r right, the u-turn location was already there even before NEX was built, cant be help den but to avoid that lane if want to turn right

According to the TP rule, no driver or rider of any vehicle shall make a U-turn at any road intersection, road junction or opening in a road divider unless he is permitted to do so by a road sign. So it means that if the entire road dont have any U-turn sign, i cannot U-turn at any road opening even it is safe to do so or the road opening/junction is wide enough to U-turn? [:/] Wouldnt it be so stupid to detour to another road or drive very far just to find a U-turn sign? Just thinking who set such an idiot ruling? <_<

Anyway, you can received TP summon for traffic offence committed even you are not being stop by any TP, a bit quite scary. [:p]

can as long as you dun get caught lor :D

According to the TP rule, no driver or rider of any vehicle shall make a U-turn at any road intersection, road junction or opening in a road divider unless he is permitted to do so by a road sign. So it means that if the entire road dont have any U-turn sign, i cannot U-turn at any road opening even it is safe to do so or the road opening/junction is wide enough to U-turn? [:/] Wouldnt it be so stupid to detour to another road or drive very far just to find a U-turn sign? Just thinking who set such an idiot ruling? <_<

Anyway, you can received TP summon for traffic offence committed even you are not being stop by any TP, a bit quite scary. [:p]

can as long as you dun get caught lor :D

Lol, so seems like it is back to the question that you can do anything you want but dont get caught?! :D But thinking who is the one who took down those cars car plate who are doing illegal U-turn and then later send you the summon letter?! TP or those outsource officer?

U should light up ur tyres and spin 180degrees like wat F1 drivers do cos they dont have reverse gear. Like that not consider u-turn right? [laugh]

i also scare now, i have been doing illegal U turn in front of my block (main road) regularly, hope no one keypoh to report me [:(] [:(]

Lol, so seems like it is back to the question that you can do anything you want but dont get caught?! :D But thinking who is the one who took down those cars car plate who are doing illegal U-turn and then later send you the summon letter?! TP or those outsource officer?

i also scare now, i have been doing illegal U turn in front of my block (main road) regularly, hope no one keypoh to report me [:(] [:(]

I guess many drivers have been doing illegal U-turn everyday, but depends whether did you appear at the wrong place and wrong timing when there is enforcer officer/TP standing there to catch. Then you will received 'love letter' from TP.

I tio summon for illegal U-turn before, and that road have been doing U-turn dont know for how many years liao, and all cars also U-turn there. And one fine day i just received 'love letter' from TP that i was making an illegal U-turn at that road!? [bigcry]

Hi bros,

i made an illegal u turn this morning at Seah Im there.

when completing the turn... i saw 2 white ants slightly in front of the bus stop there, with clipboards...

Likely they catching bus lane offenders...

do you think they will take down my car plate no. for the illegal u-turn ??

i think its a $70 dollar fine right ? any demerit pts ?

Really depends. If you did a 180 handbrake drift turn, they could have probably 'Respect you' and let you off. If it's an amateur u turn, they have to fine you cause not chio. [;)]

Really depends. If you did a 180 handbrake drift turn, they could have probably 'Respect you' and let you off. If it's an amateur u turn, they have to fine you cause not chio. [;)]

Lol. I did get summoned.

But got it waived off. Not pro enough to do handbrake drift turn. Perhaps they will charge me with dangerous driving if I tried ..

↡ Advertisement