Illegal U-turn

Unfair

According to the TP rule, no driver or rider of any vehicle shall make a U-turn at any road intersection, road junction or opening in a road divider unless he is permitted to do so by a road sign. So it means that if the entire road dont have any U-turn sign, i cannot U-turn at any road opening even it is safe to do so or the road opening/junction is wide enough to U-turn? [:/] Wouldnt it be so stupid to detour to another road or drive very far just to find a U-turn sign? Just thinking who set such an idiot ruling? <_<

Anyway, you can received TP summon for traffic offence committed even you are not being stop by any TP, a bit quite scary. [:p]

I think this rule had been changed for some time if I remembered correctly when they introduce the "NO U-TURN SIGN". It was stated that a vehicle can u-turn at junction with or without a U-turn sign except at junction where there is a "NO U-TURN SIGN" strictly no u-turn.

Let me find the information.

↡ Advertisement

i doubt they have it here, you can only U Turn when the sign say so.

I think this rule had been changed for some time if I remembered correctly when they introduce the "NO U-TURN SIGN". It was stated that a vehicle can u-turn at junction with or without a U-turn sign except at junction where there is a "NO U-TURN SIGN" strictly no u-turn.

Really? Thought it is clearly stated that no U-turn is allowed if there is no U-turn sign?! But if there is sign stated that strictly No U-turn is allowed, then confirmed cannot U-turn la.

Lol. I did get summoned.

But got it waived off. Not pro enough to do handbrake drift turn. Perhaps they will charge me with dangerous driving if I tried ..

You did an illegal U-turn, tio summon and yet you managed to get it waived off? [:/]

Twincharged

Was told in driving school that many drivers also have the same misconception as you. Even if there is no "No U-turn Sign", its still illegal to do a U-turn if there is no "U-turn" sign there. The "No U-turn Sign" is just to remind you that U-turns are not allowed there. Usually can see those "No U-turn Sign" placed at those junctions where its really dangerous to do a U-turn.

You did an illegal U-turn, tio summon and yet you managed to get it waived off? [:/]

They are kind to first time offenders [blush]

But i also never did it again!

Lol. I did get summoned.

But got it waived off. Not pro enough to do handbrake drift turn. Perhaps they will charge me with dangerous driving if I tried ..

the request for driver particular letter is from LTA or TP ?

the request for driver particular letter is from LTA or TP ?

From TP. So those guys catching bus lanes abit kaypoh lol

From TP. So those guys catching bus lanes abit kaypoh lol

That day ty catch no bola so try to tell the boss ty also alert on other matter's. So next time ty can

Take over traffic job if traffic wanted to sub out.

They are kind to first time offenders [blush]

But i also never did it again!

Last time i also first time offender lo. <_< So what you wrote in your appeal letter? [:/]

I guess many drivers have been doing illegal U-turn everyday, but depends whether did you appear at the wrong place and wrong timing when there is enforcer officer/TP standing there to catch. Then you will received 'love letter' from TP.

I tio summon for illegal U-turn before, and that road have been doing U-turn dont know for how many years liao, and all cars also U-turn there. And one fine day i just received 'love letter' from TP that i was making an illegal U-turn at that road!? [bigcry]

So have to open your eyes when doing that. Sometime they are hungry.

They know where to get food easily :D :D

Few day ago I saw a Volvo TP was at a small road catching illegal U-turn.

Many car got booked on the spot. I dont think they will give chance.

Cos they are hungry :D :D

as a honest citizen and responsible driver, I would propose you to report yourself to TP, pay the fine, get demerit points and acknowledge that it is your honest mistake.

as a honest citizen and responsible driver, I would propose you to report yourself to TP, pay the fine, get demerit points and acknowledge that it is your honest mistake.

Then TP Headquarter will become his second home :D :D

Illegal U-turn dont have demerit points la, only summon.

So have to open your eyes when doing that. Sometime they are hungry.

They know where to get food easily :D :D

Few day ago I saw a Volvo TP was at a small road catching illegal U-turn.

Many car got booked on the spot. I dont think they will give chance.

Cos they are hungry :D :D

I feel that how come if they catch you speeding which exceeded the speed limit about 5-10km/h, they would send you a warning letter and would not summon you. But for illegal U-turn, once they catch you they will send you summon letter straight away, wonder why ar?

↡ Advertisement