Illegal U-turn

Unfair

I feel that how come if they catch you speeding which exceeded the speed limit about 5-10km/h, they would send you a warning letter and would not summon you. But for illegal U-turn, once they catch you they will send you summon letter straight away, wonder why ar?

Speeding got allowance with <10kph so warning letter and illegal U-turn no limit "YES or NO".

TS given warning probably not direct catch by TP. TP wanted to catch red handed than count loh. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Speeding got allowance with <10kph so warning letter and illegal U-turn no limit "YES or NO".

TS given warning probably not direct catch by TP. TP wanted to catch red handed than count loh. [:p]

Catch red handed meaning the driver must stop by the TP and issue the summon on spot? [:/] But like you have said, illegal U-turn does not have allowance, so if you are caught making an illegal U-turn, there is no way to escape by saying warning, right?!

Edited by 13177

I was stopped once for making an illegal u-turn by TP. The traffic was sparse then. Just verbal warning after I told him I lost my way and I'm was very sorry for the illegal u-turn. I guess that TP was in a good mood

Catch red handed meaning the driver must stop by the TP and issue the summon on spot? [:/] But like you have said, illegal U-turn does not have allowance, so if you are caught making an illegal U-turn, there is no way to escape by saying warning, right?!

It also depends on their mood that day's sometime got and sometime no chance. I met a case that particular day that traveling at 110kph no intention

without any notice of any wrx or TP.

When I exited from expressway back home I saw this wrx right behind but he can't have the chance to follow

me cos the distance for him to follow me right turn too short.

A week later I received a love letter for speeding at 107kph and lucky a warning.

So for U-turn, TP was not present and probably the case as the above.

It also depends on their mood that day's sometime got and sometime no chance. I met a case that particular day that traveling at 110kph no intention

When I exited from expressway back home I saw this wrx right behind but he can't have the chance to follow

A week later I received a love letter for speeding at 107kph and lucky a warning.

he see u fellow wowo gib chn la [laugh] [laugh]

cos old man ma

I was stopped once for making an illegal u-turn by TP. The traffic was sparse then. Just verbal warning after I told him I lost my way and I'm was very sorry for the illegal u-turn. I guess that TP was in a good mood

I believe if you are stop by TP for illegal U-turn on the spot maybe still have chance to negotiable or 'act sorry', and if the TP good mood might just give you a warning. But for those who didnt get caught on the spot and receive summon letter from TP, difficult to 'act sorry' liao, unless you spend time to send in appeal letter.

Edited by 13177

wah thats very rare. i only heard of either kana or don't kana, especially speeding.

u mean they just send u warning letter and nothing else?

Twincharged

wah thats very rare. i only heard of either kana or don't kana, especially speeding.

Sometimes they give verbal warning also. Ever got a verbal warning from TP for not stopping at the stop line. Told him to give me chance since there was no car and I was going slowly. He told me next time even totally no cars also better stop cuz its an offence not to.

Yes. That day's was very unusual at lane 1 i was alone see all the car keeping at lane 2.

So looking around er... everything fine except my speed were at 110kph quickly

let go my right foot even thought i still can't see them till i exited from expressway and reached a traffic junction to turn right.

But that time traffic abit heavy so they have no chance to turn right so they turn left instead.

Probably my ride look ah peh and decent. [lipsrsealed] My neighbour was not so lucky kena at 100kph

and also charge for lower his spring.

Sometimes they give verbal warning also. Ever got a verbal warning from TP for not stopping at the stop line. Told him to give me chance since there was no car and I was going slowly. He told me next time even totally no cars also better stop cuz its an offence not to.

verbal warning is rather common.

just a little surprised that drivers get warning letter..

verbal warning is rather common.

just a little surprised that drivers get warning letter..

Could be when the driver committed the offence was spotted by some enforcer officer and not TP? If TP usually they should stop you on the spot.

talking about the legality of u turns...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_U-turn_syndrome

No U-turn syndrome

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Singapore, drivers are not allowed to U-turn unless instructed otherwise, as shown by this traffic sign.

No U-Turn Syndrome (NUTS) is a term first coined by Singaporean entrepreneur Sim Wong Hoo, to prominently describe the social behaviour of Singaporeans having a mindset of compliance to higher authorities before proceeding with any action.

In his book Chaotic Thoughts from the Old Millennium, he uses a comparison of traffic rules in Singapore to those found overseas, to describe the phenomenon : In Singapore, drivers are not allowed to make a U-turn unless a sign specifically allows them to do so, while in some other countries drivers may make U-turns freely so long as the 'No U-turn' sign is not present. Following that, this analogy is used to explain the red tape he has encountered with hard-nosed bureaucrats, which in turn stifles the very creativity that the Singaporean government has been trying to promote in the recent years.[1]

NUTS is also considered as one of the major criticisms of the rigid Singapore education system, where students are taught from a young age to obey instructions in an unquestioning manner, in a society where grades and paper certification are emphasised at the expense of some life skills.[2][3]

I still cannot understand why they adopt such thing here. Sg should follow other countries that only 'No U-turn' sign is present then drivers are not allowed to U-turn. Other then that drivers should able to U-turn freely but in a safe manner la. [rolleyes]

talking about the legality of u turns...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_U-turn_syndrome

No U-turn syndrome

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Singapore, drivers are not allowed to U-turn unless instructed otherwise, as shown by this traffic sign.

No U-Turn Syndrome (NUTS) is a term first coined by Singaporean entrepreneur Sim Wong Hoo, to prominently describe the social behaviour of Singaporeans having a mindset of compliance to higher authorities before proceeding with any action.

In his book Chaotic Thoughts from the Old Millennium, he uses a comparison of traffic rules in Singapore to those found overseas, to describe the phenomenon : In Singapore, drivers are not allowed to make a U-turn unless a sign specifically allows them to do so, while in some other countries drivers may make U-turns freely so long as the 'No U-turn' sign is not present. Following that, this analogy is used to explain the red tape he has encountered with hard-nosed bureaucrats, which in turn stifles the very creativity that the Singaporean government has been trying to promote in the recent years.[1]

NUTS is also considered as one of the major criticisms of the rigid Singapore education system, where students are taught from a young age to obey instructions in an unquestioning manner, in a society where grades and paper certification are emphasised at the expense of some life skills.[2][3]

I rmb PM Lee quoted this also in one of the NDR few years back