Will Solar Film affect GPS reception

Astro

Current ride is without Solar Film and thinking of installing either the 3M or Huper. The question is will the solar film affect the GPS reception ? Because I do notice that some film like Huper will cut out an opening just above the ERP IU for better reception so not too sure if GPS will be affected. Thanks for advise given.

↡ Advertisement

Current ride is without Solar Film and thinking of installing either the 3M or Huper. The question is will the solar film affect the GPS reception ? Because I do notice that some film like Huper will cut out an opening just above the ERP IU for better reception so not too sure if GPS will be affected. Thanks for advise given.

Tried ..... with window film .... ok.

Just went and took a look at my friend's ride who is installed with Rike Kool. No hole cutting and GPS Works fine.. But how about 3M, Vkool or Huper ?

Someone was saying that metalised films need to cut a hole if not GPS and ERP signals are affected. Ceramic is fine. Have a look at the recent vcool thread.

The other tread Vkool hi end something, some-one mentioned 3M not affected. When enquire(overeseas), they suggest using V-Kool for windscreen and 3M for the rest as GPS signal will be affected if suing 3M. As some pointed out different material will affect, no sure wat is wat, so better check with the dealer.

Elfenstar, thnaks for the info. Was told at another forum where the GPS guru gather (Malsingmaps) that metalised film like VKool will affet the GPS reception. Given that will avoid it to be safe. [rolleyes]

I used Vkool on my current car, the previous one was HuperOptik. I found the GPS and GTS somehow less responsive, now I run extended antenna that run all the way to the roof and it helps.

Regards,