Need Tyres/Tyres Shop Recommendation

Powerkeong

Hi MCF Bros, I intend to change my tyres tml..

Currently on Firenza ST-03 195/50/15 and I swear to god that the tyres is totally a failure when it comes to road noise that I had decided to gave up on it after 20K of usage (tyre 3 yrs old also liao)..

Therefore I decided to change to Falken ZE912 or Bridgestone Turanza GR-80

My budget is ard $100/tyres and I was wondering which shop can go i to..

I need contacts on the list of salesman and shop to check on their price before I decided to go down..

I was wondering if 195/50/15 is gd or 195/55/15 as i didn't really know the difference.

Hope you bro can give me some advice..

Hear a lot of about p-- ---g at AMK but hope to source for better advice. particularly in the west..

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

forget abt ZE912..... its not good

GR-80 is a safe bet. comfortable, quiet enough. but dun expect superb performance. its not a performance tyre at all. It's just a normal tyre

forget abt ZE912..... its not good

GR-80 is a safe bet. comfortable, quiet enough. but dun expect superb performance. its not a performance tyre at all. It's just a normal tyre

GR-80 is a non performance tyre category but it can hold some so-called performance tyres much above its class and price.

Sad thing is GR-80 is replaced by another new series.

Neutral Newbie

my advise.. forget abt 912 oso

GR80 is good.. though its quite rare to find now as its quite an old model liao

as for p** h*** at AMK? its over rated!!!!

icc... How much GR-80 cost for 195/50/15 or 195/55/15? need to know the price to prevent myself from getting carrot.. another other recommendations? Hankook brand are also ok for me..

GR-80 being replaced by what le ah?

Neutral Newbie

wow u have done ur homework.. hankook is ok, works fine for me

if u are looking at comfort den the V8 is good.. but at 15" its known as blackbird if i dun remember wrongly.. GR80 cost ard 95-100 the last time i change.. one of the shops i know still carry them is L***** S***

not nice to disclose names.. heehee

iccc... that's ok... bro... got their contact? i gonna contact them tml and change my tyres in the afternoon.. I can tolerate my tyres already... the road noise is pissing me off... =(

But my friend's Verna on Ze912... quiet enough though... performance wise ima not so sure... Firenza ST-03 is performance is gd enough for me... just that it is 3 yrs old and getting farking noisy now.. can't tolerate it anymore...

Neutral Newbie

can call them at 6744 4280 to ask..

falken tires are ok but i cant stand the high wear it has.. after abt 1 year the wear very bad liao.. if st03 is okie with u, den st08 should be good enough as well.. cheaper somemore.. at this times, budget budget

wow u have done ur homework.. hankook is ok, works fine for me

if u are looking at comfort den the V8 is good.. but at 15" its known as blackbird if i dun remember wrongly.. GR80 cost ard 95-100 the last time i change.. one of the shops i know still carry them is L***** S***

not nice to disclose names.. heehee

It called V2 for 15" and V8 for 16" and above. For cheaper alternative and comfort level, you can try K415, really value for money and reviews from end users is better than GR80.

GoodYear LS2000/LS3000 if u willing to be a bit off budget.. H-tyre ( www.htyre.com) is a good place for tyre too.. you get free Nitro and rotation. ..

Quiet and performance...

Thanks for all your advice... I just changed my tyres today at Soh Brother today... The old uncle n Joseph there is v friendly and their advice is v constructive... prices for Falken ZE912 is also gd for 15". got 195/50/15 for $65/pc. Check the date of the tyres and it up to date de, not those store long long one They are friendly and approachable..

Will defintely go back there again...

I went there ytd... a lot of business... but the shop face was too messy, full of box there.. but soh brother also got a lot a lot of business as well.. I did not went to p-- ---g coz it is too messy.. :ph34r:

Turbocharged

they sell cheap on certain stuff... but you must do your homework and eyes must open big big before buying, cos they got absolutely no aftersales to talk about.

before buying from them, hard-selling tactic (never ever give them your mobile), they said got the rim you want, but you went there, recommend another one...a much lousier one but insisted equally good.

buy already if suay suay got problem, they can't fix and won't change.

they don't issue receipt..and without it, you're on your own. [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement