New 2.0L Forester

Mlee

Anyone driving the new forester here? How is the fuel consumption? I went for a test drive few days ago. Price tag at 68K. Drive is quite nice.

↡ Advertisement

68K for the 2.0X is a good buy.

My friend is driving the 09' Forester...average FC is about 9-10km/L.

I'm driving the 08' Forester....Avg FC is about 12km/L (based on RPM not above 3K, 70% highway and 30% city driving)

Its a good SUV that you can look into it. No regret for me since first day....but on and off, i will ask myself why i didn't get the XT (Turbo) version....too bad, CO dun allowed me to spend too much on car...:(

Edited by Lemonade78

OMV forester = 17k

selling price = 70k

thats a high markup

Wow...Then motorimage earn a lot from car buyer [sweatdrop]

Anyway,IMHO.....,if car price and FC is a concern for car buyer...better stay away from SUV..... [smash]

Vitara

OMV = 19k

selling price = 59k

honest price.

makes me wonder if u'r paying for subaru's ah beng ad

Hmmm....For me and my friends, after test drive a Suzuki SUV and a Subaru SUV.......our cheque book automatically open at the Subaru showroom..dunno why???...hmmmm, maybe the SE is super chio..Hahahahaaaaa :D

For new car buyer, you should go test drive a few SUV from different car maker......don't be too impulse on your decision. End of the day, its your budget that tells you what you want.

Edited by Lemonade78

Besides, Subaru having high markup...if i'm not wrong, another brand that do high markup is the ever popular Honda.

Hmmmm...not sure if the Honda's profit margin as high as Subaru???

Edited by Lemonade78

Anyway,IMHO.....,if car price and FC is a concern for car buyer...better stay away from SUV..... [smash]

You cannot see it that way. What the example had given, you only see figures but have you look at the whole range of cars in Subaru from Impreza TS to I dunno Tribeca? And the price range from the models. The Forrester falls in between somewhere between Impreza & Legacy range. And they have to price it competitively among its rivals.

For Suzuki, just look at their range. They dun have a sedan. From small hatch next range is SUV, of course it can "afford" to price it lower. The small hatch is priced low to start with. Same for Kia, their range of cars, their prices are lower dan Japanese rivals. The Carens is priced between their sedan & SUV, you look at the price of their sedan & SUV they are not priced high at all.

It's not easy to price the cars especially the AD have a large range from small cars to mid-size sedans to big sedans to MPV to SUV.

I am driving a 08' 2X model . The feel is difference from other make in the SUV class . You can do a test drive on all the SUV in this class then decide again. I am quite sure you will come back to this car again. If can , just like the others - please get the 2.5cc . I believe the feel is much much better with the extra forces you have. I managed to have quite a good sales excutive to service me with freebies .

Rdgs

[email protected]

If buy Sombaru...make sure don't mod!! [thumbsdown]

Even change same size of Rims also void warranty?? [rifle]

[rolleyes] Another one who gives the wrong message.

It's not that cannot mod, you have to take their in-house tuning package.

Not all car models enjoy such high markup for MI. Look at the imprezas, the prices are very reasonable.

I dunno why ppl like to look at the narrow point of view. Or maybe they are plain naive.

If you open shop and sell cars, dun tell me you sell the cars at a loss or thin profit margin. You are not selling toilet brush, hello? You are selling cars.

Most of the brands mentioned are less popular and they have to priced their cars lower to more popular ones. If their car one day become as popular as today's, you think they will remain the prices unchanged?

7.5 to 8km/litre.

respectable i would say.

what about vitara?

Thanks Mate. I have yet to test drive Vitara yet but 59K is quite attractive.

68K for the 2.0X is a good buy.

My friend is driving the 09' Forester...average FC is about 9-10km/L.

I'm driving the 08' Forester....Avg FC is about 12km/L (based on RPM not above 3K, 70% highway and 30% city driving)

Its a good SUV that you can look into it. No regret for me since first day....but on and off, i will ask myself why i didn't get the XT (Turbo) version....too bad, CO dun allowed me to spend too much on car...:(

The SE keep asking me to get 2.5 XT but my concern is the road tax.