Sick of Family cars.....Boxster or Cayman? S or Non-S

RadX

So far i see dont have less than 20k on sgcarmarket. Was thinking of a cabrio which is why looking at 986.

I would love to have a air cooled but need to satisfy the topless itch. agree 997 too much to pay for. How is the reliability of a 987.2?

I bought my brand new and had it only for 8 mths. so far its reliable as long I dont muck around with it too much.

Need advice. I'm thinking of Cayman or 911. Read that handling of Cayman is just as good as 911. Is this true? Price wise n maintenance cost wise I prefer Cayman. Is latest model Cayman an improvement? Thanks.

Need advice. I'm thinking of Cayman or 911. Read that handling of Cayman is just as good as 911. Is this true? Price wise n maintenance cost wise I prefer Cayman. Is latest model Cayman an improvement? Thanks.

If you think you can get a 911 out of a Cayman then its like a fella who thinks he can get an M3 out of a 335i

Its like this, price and maintenance wise, everybody prefers a Cayman.

Handling wise, mid engine cars are more balanced. But the most fun is in the rear driven ones.

In terms of feel and rawness, Carrera wins hands down.

In terms of wow factor Carrera hands down again.

History and heirtage, no need to say, 911 equals Porsche.

No 911 No Porsche.

Honestly, there is no comparison. You are either a Cayman guy or a 911 guy.

If you are a 911 guy, kill you , you also wont buy Cayman.

If you are a Cayman guy, you may ultimately still give it up for a 911 if you continue to stick to Porsche.

Note that while they may look similar and even share various interior trim parts, the Cayman and the Carrera are two different cars. They are both preety good cars either way, you look at it

So are you Cayman or Carrera guy or are you badge whore only?

No problem, becos i am badge whore myself.

Edited by Throttle2

Neutral Newbie

Hi, im selling my Oct 07 boxster at about 20k depreciation per year. My new 981 will be here next week. Do let me know if anyone interested. My car is maintained by SA. Roof just changed at Stuggart few months back. Silver w black leather. Sports chrono. Pm me if interested. Im the second owner.

If you think you can get a 911 out of a Cayman then its like a fella who thinks he can get an M3 out of a 335i

Its like this, price and maintenance wise, everybody prefers a Cayman.

Handling wise, mid engine cars are more balanced. But the most fun is in the rear driven ones.

In terms of feel and rawness, Carrera wins hands down.

In terms of wow factor Carrera hands down again.

History and heirtage, no need to say, 911 equals Porsche.

No 911 No Porsche.

Honestly, there is no comparison. You are either a Cayman guy or a 911 guy.

If you are a 911 guy, kill you , you also wont buy Cayman.

If you are a Cayman guy, you may ultimately still give it up for a 911 if you continue to stick to Porsche.

Note that while they may look similar and even share various interior trim parts, the Cayman and the Carrera are two different cars. They are both preety good cars either way, you look at it

So are you Cayman or Carrera guy or are you badge whore only?

No problem, becos i am badge whore myself.

Throttle2,

Saw the 911 and 981 at SA today. There's no new Cayman till Mar.

Still kind of like the Cayman due largely to maintenance concern. I know of someone who owned the 911 turbo and it gave him no end of problems. So I'm bit of concerned about 911 unless the new Carreras are much improved.

Thanks for your views.

Hi, im selling my Oct 07 boxster at about 20k depreciation per year. My new 981 will be here next week. Do let me know if anyone interested. My car is maintained by SA. Roof just changed at Stuggart few months back. Silver w black leather. Sports chrono. Pm me if interested. Im the second owner.

I sell you my Ferrari Testarossa, ai mai. I first owner. COE renewed. less than 10,000km.

Full original beautiful prancing horse in original factory Red. Depre $20k per year only. COE til 2020.

Throttle2,

Saw the 911 and 981 at SA today. There's no new Cayman till Mar.

Still kind of like the Cayman due largely to maintenance concern. I know of someone who owned the 911 turbo and it gave him no end of problems. So I'm bit of concerned about 911 unless the new Carreras are much improved.

Thanks for your views.

hhmmm, you know of someone whose Turbo gave him endless problems?

I also know of many someones whose Turbo, GT3, C4S, C2S, C2, Targa never gave s--t.

So I am not concerned with 911s.

911 is the flagship model of Porsche and naturally the most expensive and coveted range of Porsches.

No 911, no Porsche.

Cayman is good car too, nonetheless. Get it. but dont compare it to the 911. Compare it with other 2 dr 2 seater coupes from other Houses.

hhmmm, you know of someone whose Turbo gave him endless problems?

I also know of many someones whose Turbo, GT3, C4S, C2S, C2, Targa never gave s--t.

So I am not concerned with 911s.

911 is the flagship model of Porsche and naturally the most expensive and coveted range of Porsches.

No 911, no Porsche.

Cayman is good car too, nonetheless. Get it. but dont compare it to the 911. Compare it with other 2 dr 2 seater coupes from other Houses.

[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Like u say, no 911, no boxster, cayman, panamera, cayenne or macan.