Toyota Sienta 1.5

Victor68

typically sienta gives 14-16km/litre right?

More like 12-16. It's a big range, totally depends on your driving pattern and changes to the rims.

If u use the original wheels, it gives good FC compared to using 16" rims.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

A very fair observation, stating facts. Wish more people can be like you when judging the Sienta, instead of just brushing it off and labelling it as trash w/o really trying it out fairly.

Sienta is simply a JDM budget small MPV. It's not a Wish, Picnic, Estima or Alphard equivalent, so no point expecting too much or comparing. Can anyone get a new Wish for $52K?

Yes I'm driving a Sienta too, and agree that it really belongs to a separate category which currently only contains Sienta, Freed and Passo Sette. There is really no comparision to the other MPVs, because at just 4100mm it's a good 300-500mm shorter despite the generous cabin space.

Actually I would say that the leg room is good because of the general seating posture: normal height + upright seats used throughout the cabin. Compare this to the usual low and laid back seats and it's not difficult to see why you require less space for the legs. Logically speaking, this seating posture is only possible with the generous headroom (tradeoff being boxy especially for rear). The front seats do not have to be pushed back much because the dash board occupies very little room so there is more space in front that it looks.

• Praise 1

have been driving one for a year,fanstatic FC............

recently just installed a strut bar, this car accessories hard to find

only managed to find this in JB

s'pore also hard to find

post-31726-1234254732_thumb.jpg

post-31726-1234254745_thumb.jpg

post-31726-1234254755_thumb.jpg

post-31726-1234254769_thumb.jpg

post-31726-1234254782_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kungfu
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

typically sienta gives 14-16km/litre right?

Depends quite a bit on the load and driving pattern / habits..

For me, typical is 12-13km/l. I'm alone most of the time and pretty easy on the pedal but I get stuck in the peak hr PIE jams everyday.

However, with a light foot and smooth traffic, 17-18km/l is definitely achievable [thumbsup]

Sienta FC is fantastic largely due to light weight and CVT (ie. smooth acceleration + low cruising RPM)

Depends quite a bit on the load and driving pattern / habits..

For me, typical is 12-13km/l. I'm alone most of the time and pretty easy on the pedal but I get stuck in the peak hr PIE jams everyday.

However, with a light foot and smooth traffic, 17-18km/l is definitely achievable [thumbsup]

Sienta FC is fantastic largely due to light weight and CVT (ie. smooth acceleration + low cruising RPM)

Low cruising RPM is the typical characteristic of Toyota cars ..... I don't find Sienta exterior looks appealing but I must agree with the rest that it is a very versatile car.

• Praise 1

I see Sienta almost everytime I on the road and in carparks, sometimes see a few a day, so it's not as uncommon as you might think. Carens, on the other hand, I try to spot but hardly come across one, occasionally will see one.

Being PI car hasn't stopped Wish from selling so very much in Spore, so being PI is not really that bad experience as u imagine. Lots of people are driving PI cars. Think of it as buying furniture from Courts vesus buying furniture from small neighburhood furniture shop, shopping in Court so big and got aircon damn shiok somemore the staff wear uniform and good service, but end of the day the furniture is the same.

btw, for $52K, can get the Sienta XLimited with the power sliding door liao, don't need he higest end model to get it :)

Carens got backing of AD

Sienta doesn't have. See my point?

Truthfully, I can mount a video cam on my car and really hardly can record a sienta.

When buying a PI car, people have their apprehension. Warranty? After sales? etc. tat's what i meant.

Neutral Newbie

Low cruising RPM is the typical characteristic of Toyota cars ..... I don't find Sienta exterior looks appealing but I must agree with the rest that it is a very versatile car.

Looks can be deceiving. First look you might not like it. The more you look at it you will love it.

Neutral Newbie

Carens got backing of AD

Sienta doesn't have. See my point?

Truthfully, I can mount a video cam on my car and really hardly can record a sienta.

When buying a PI car, people have their apprehension. Warranty? After sales? etc. tat's what i meant.

Sienta is everywhere on the road. Sad to say you did not notice or don't want to notice. When buying Sienta from PI, the car has CAS or Khiang Automatic to cover the warrenty of 5 years or 100,000 km. Log on to http://forums.cjb.net/sgsienta.html to find out more about Sienta. If want BM to cover the warranty, then buy from PI that BM warranty.

to me, everywhere on the road means

1) Wish

2) Stream

3) Altis

4) Civic

5) Mazda3

6) Vios

7) Fit/Jazz

I anyhow throw one stone also will hit one of these cars.

You said it. That is also one of the reasons why I choose Chevy in 2005. Car makers should start to think out of the box. Let buyers decide how they want their car to look like with computer generated images to cut and paste. Order them and wait for 6 months for delivery.

Neutral Newbie

1) Wish

2) Stream

3) Altis

4) Civic

5) Mazda3

6) Vios

7) Fit/Jazz

Well you're right, everywhere really means those that you've listed.

Heck, I can find at least 3 x everyone of the above model in most carparks [laugh]

I guess what Sgnick was saying is really this: Compared to a yr ago, there are alot more Sienta on the road nowadays. Hardly saw any around at that time.

The risks of buying from PI are definitely greater compared to AD, but when you're looking for a an unique car (with specific features) where there is no AD equivalent, it's something that we have to manage. The highly successful wish and higher end stream RSZ are great examples.

1) Wish

2) Stream

3) Altis

4) Civic

5) Mazda3

6) Vios

7) Fit/Jazz

Haha, luckily I didn't claim Sienta is EVERYWHERE on the road. I only say on most days I can spot a Sienta when I drive. Spot one a day or maybe a few a day.

Sienta is definitely NOT everywhere.

1) Wish

2) Stream

3) Altis

4) Civic

5) Mazda3

6) Vios

7) Fit/Jazz

Out of the 7 cars,my company already have four.

Neutral Newbie

1) Wish

2) Stream

3) Altis

4) Civic

5) Mazda3

6) Vios

7) Fit/Jazz

8) Sunny

9) Latio

↡ Advertisement