Toyota Sienta 1.5

Victor68

Actually if pi sienta cost 90k above, might as well go for Honda Freed which I think is slightly bigger and make in Japan as well.. just my thoughts..

What is the scrap value of pi sienta compared to ad sienta assuming the most basic variant ?

Ad basic variant cost 83988 and scrap value around 8k plus

Actually if pi sienta cost 90k above, might as well go for Honda Freed which I think is slightly bigger and make in Japan as well.. just my thoughts..

What is the scrap value of pi sienta compared to ad sienta assuming the most basic variant ?

Ad basic variant cost 83988 and scrap value around 8k plus

AD Sienta omv is below 20k. Assuming 17-19k omv VES is -10000

Take back 4000

18000-10000 = 8000 /2 = 4000

Sienta from pi omv is also abt 18k

Take back abt the same 4000

But made in Japan with better engine and CVT gearbox, dual power door, G model also better fc

Most importantly new facelift

Freed hybrid cost ard 105k

Different by 20k

Sienta Hybrid At abt 94k

Sienta petrol at abt. 85k

Edited by vinmig

AD Sienta omv is below 20k. Assuming 17-19k omv VES is -10000

Take back 4000

18000-10000 = 8000 /2 = 4000

Sienta from pi omv is also abt 18k

Take back abt the same 4000

But made in Japan with better engine and CVT gearbox, dual power door, G model also better fc

Most importantly new facelift

Freed hybrid cost ard 105k

Different by 20k

Sienta Hybrid At abt 94k

Sienta petrol at abt. 85k

Ad sienta no cevs rebate. So get back 8k plus

will never look like new . . . polishing will result in fine scratches which will be very obvious when headlights are turned on.

Mr. DIY in JB.  Selling WaxCo Headlight polish RM8.  Good for my 10 COE Toyota Seinta Blurred Head Light

• Praise 2

While shopping around, I ran into this cute 7 seaters. What amaze me most is that for a small car like this, you actually can sit 7 adults. The seating is even better than WISH or the likes.

1 door is auto sliding while the other with �suction� feature. The most innovative part is that the folding of the middle row of seats are just fantastic. Even the last row can be tuck under the middle row for more storage space.

If you have not seen one, suggest you take a look. I was quoted $52K with all the auto reversing, leather seat covers, sport rims, DVD player, etc.

Unfortunately, you can�t test drive. Any owner out here wish to share a bit more. I don�t think the 15 km/l is realistic.

Bought a 2008 Registered Sienta with 110,000km & Renew COE to 2028. Happy New Retiree Owner. 1.5 

.Can't go up Novena Sq2 Spiral CP with full load of 7 adult.

Bought a 2008 Registered Sienta with 110,000km & Renew COE to 2028. Happy New Retiree Owner. 1.5

Just change gear and go up slow... see no reason why cant go up slop with full load
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Have u tried going up sq2 with 7 adults? If really cannot go up how? Cannot gostan with cars being also..

Turbocharged

AD warranty if You buy from them is no horse run. Cannot say the same for PI. Weigh the options carefully.

Was looking at the Sienta recently and probably new model with new pricing might come soon. Because AD seem quite keen to sell now. Many things thrown in if can sign on by certain limited period. Sienta model also ripe for upgrade soon, because the AD-version engine is unremarkable, but hopefully at 1.5 l will have some fuel savings there. Noted that the 42 litre fuel tank is on the smaller side so they are optimistic about fuel consumption?

As for PI or AD, pros and cons. I like the PI model gear shifter which is on the dash, rather than on the floor, but it doesn't compromise the rear cabin space (still have flat floor) so not too bad. Heard that the PI model don't have rear aircon vents, so not too sure about that as haven't seen.

Driving-wise, it's a significant reduction in power feeling as am currently used to a 1.6 l engine and was previously even driving a manual transmission car. Feels like those Protons b&b rental cars that I drive in malaysia.

But for those concerned about engine power and hill climb, there's still manual gear control on the AD version. I'd say that it depends on usage - those that need the seating capacity, there's no other cheaper MPV now and cargo space can rival a small goods vehicle. As for the power, most of the time if you're driving to and from work, it's just you or you and spouse, so 1.5 l is sufficient.

Was looking at the Sienta recently and probably new model with new pricing might come soon. Because AD seem quite keen to sell now. Many things thrown in if can sign on by certain limited period. Sienta model also ripe for upgrade soon, because the AD-version engine is unremarkable, but hopefully at 1.5 l will have some fuel savings there. Noted that the 42 litre fuel tank is on the smaller side so they are optimistic about fuel consumption?

As for PI or AD, pros and cons. I like the PI model gear shifter which is on the dash, rather than on the floor, but it doesn't compromise the rear cabin space (still have flat floor) so not too bad. Heard that the PI model don't have rear aircon vents, so not too sure about that as haven't seen.

Driving-wise, it's a significant reduction in power feeling as am currently used to a 1.6 l engine and was previously even driving a manual transmission car. Feels like those Protons b&b rental cars that I drive in malaysia.

But for those concerned about engine power and hill climb, there's still manual gear control on the AD version. I'd say that it depends on usage - those that need the seating capacity, there's no other cheaper MPV now and cargo space can rival a small goods vehicle. As for the power, most of the time if you're driving to and from work, it's just you or you and spouse, so 1.5 l is sufficient.

But the current price is over 90k, where got promotion?

Have u tried going up sq2 with 7 adults? If really cannot go up how? Cannot gostan with cars being also..

I can go genting with full load... dont see any reason why the car cant go up ...
  • Praise 1

Can unload all your passengers at the Sq2 drop-off point and then head up to the carpark alone. Sure no problem.

(edited)

90 over thousand dollars for an Indonesian made sienta is really not worth buying. Many rather buy from PI.

Sometimes some things are not all about the 5 cent coin (cos a lot of ppl here see it as big as the moon).

What other car in the same category offers the same 5+2 seating and dual electric sliding doors?

There's the Honda Freed....Got somemore? For Cat A....

Toyota is selling at a 27%-28% premium. Whoa...that's quite a lot. Buy PI lo. But they offer zero after-sales service, zero support for parts and recalls. I mean you got to weigh the pros and cons. Honda Freed is defintely PI. No wonder BM sell it at such high premium.

Edited by Watwheels

Hypersonic

Sienta last row cramp or Not?

I am thinking about my MIL.

Not cramp I won't buy.

I don't mind paying more for something else.

:D

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

90 over thousand dollars for an Indonesian made sienta is really not worth buying. Many rather buy from PI.

Pros and cons. I guess for the run-of-the-mill owner, not so many workshop connections in SG, JB or Batam, want the car to just be a trouble-free point A to B transport, then AD offers more support. Turn-key solution, as they say in the industry. It is like buying desktop PC complete set or selecting components and assembling it yourself [laugh]

Anyway we cannot see Indon no up. They have domestic automobile industry, aerospace industry and also armaments industry. Cannot compare to Japan made cars of course. And I'd agree with you that at 90k+ you can get Jap assembled cars from certain ADs still - though not 7 seater MPV ... that'd set you back above 100k+. It really depends on needs and function of the car.

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement