Toyota Sienta 1.5

Victor68

Pros and cons. I guess for the run-of-the-mill owner, not so many workshop connections in SG, JB or Batam, want the car to just be a trouble-free point A to B transport, then AD offers more support. Turn-key solution, as they say in the industry. It is like buying desktop PC complete set or selecting components and assembling it yourself [laugh]

Anyway we cannot see Indon no up. They have domestic automobile industry, aerospace industry and also armaments industry. Cannot compare to Japan made cars of course. And I'd agree with you that at 90k+ you can get Jap assembled cars from certain ADs still - though not 7 seater MPV ... that'd set you back above 100k+. It really depends on needs and function of the car.

If you buying, will you buy from BM or PI?
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

If you buying, will you buy from BM or PI?

I am not a car enthusiast, it's just a piece of equipment to me. Never bought from PI, as I don't want the extra hassle.

Being swayed by crossovers though ... at about the same price now. And some makes, not toyota, are still made-in-japan. The feel of the car , even simple matters like opening / closing doors, switches and knobs on the dash - is without doubt clearly a difference. Or top up a couple k more can already touch Cat B cars.

What bugs me about the sienta is the old conventional CVT engine. I am surprised the company has all this technology but didn't flow down to this model.

Edited by Sosaria

90 over thousand dollars for an Indonesian made sienta is really not worth buying. Many rather buy from PI.

Problem is pi sienta and Honda Freed now sell over 100k ba..
  • Praise 1

Sometimes some things are not all about the 5 cent coin (cos a lot of ppl here see it as big as the moon).

What other car in the same category offers the same 5+2 seating and dual electric sliding doors?

There's the Honda Freed....Got somemore? For Cat A....

Toyota is selling at a 27%-28% premium. Whoa...that's quite a lot. Buy PI lo. But they offer zero after-sales service, zero support for parts and recalls. I mean you got to weigh the pros and cons. Honda Freed is defintely PI. No wonder BM sell it at such high premium.

I dun think PI is selling at alot lesser premium. Although their cars are from Japan, but they sell at 10k higher also..
  • Praise 1

(edited)

This car is obviously more suited for small families with the occasional addition of maid and elder parents. Frugal and low running cost would naturally comes to mind on such a car. Never about outright power or performance but I dunno why ppl here comment about no power or the gb is cvt. What's the point of having a powerful engine and yet the gb always give you problem like some other brand. If you have school going young kids you think you can afford this kinda down time?

Ppl who do not have the priorities of a young family with young children will give the MOST inappropriate comments about the car. Hiam this hiam that as if going to buy like that. Prease lo. You are looking at it from your own 2 cent view lo. Best keep it to yourself.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

I dun think PI is selling at alot lesser premium. Although their cars are from Japan, but they sell at 10k higher also..

I'm just pointing out other factors other than price. Ppl tend to biasly just look at one factor and comment.

Buying a car in sgp is to have patience and wait for good deals to come. Sometimes you have to also seize the right time and not wait too long. Ppl keep whining now the price is high. Duh. COE quota shrink what. What do you expect? I dont understand how some ppl think when they comment.

Turbocharged

What bugs me about the sienta is the old conventional CVT engine. I am surprised the company has all this technology but didn't flow down to this model.

That's uniquely TOYOTA.

Toyotas are hardy because they don't use the latest technology.

Still using conventional big capacity N.A. engines.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

That's uniquely TOYOTA.

Toyotas are hardy because they don't use the latest technology.

Still using conventional big capacity N.A. engines.

But in SG, most cars only last 10 years, or maybe lesser depends on COE price [laugh]

(edited)

New facelift Sienta 1.5G dual power door at 92xxx

Where got 100k ? Sienta Hybrid At 101xxx

Btw not all PI dun give support .. go for the bigger PI (importer) instead..

Open your mind .. not all pi are black sheep

You have to do your homework.

Edited by vinmig
  • Praise 1

New facelift Sienta 1.5G dual power door at 92xxx

Where got 100k ? Sienta Hybrid At 101xxx

Btw not all PI dun give support .. go for the bigger PI (importer) instead..

Open your mind .. not all pi are black sheep

You have to do your homework.

Ok. I admit I only I get the pricing of Honda Freed from PI but not sienta. Cause my regular PI does not carry Sienta... Based on the price of Freed, it was around 8k more expensive than AD sienta..

So say PI sienta pricing is the same as AD sienta, PI premium also quite high ma..

• Praise 1

Ok. I admit I only I get the pricing of Honda Freed from PI but not sienta. Cause my regular PI does not carry Sienta... Based on the price of Freed, it was around 8k more expensive than AD sienta..

So say PI sienta pricing is the same as AD sienta, PI premium also quite high ma..

If BM Sienta cost 97-103k then it’s better off with JDM Sienta at 92xxx

Better engine and Gearbox.

Better fc too.

Better specs

• Praise 1

If BM Sienta cost 97-103k then itâs better off with JDM Sienta at 92xxx

Better engine and Gearbox.

Better fc too.

Better specs

I agree with you that if PI sienta is cheaper than AD, then my choice is go with Sienta. But say the price is the roughly the same, I prefer AD as AD will give warranty and free 3years servicing etc. Just my thoughts..

My previous comments is actually to reply someone saying Toyota AD charge a 27% premium and one could turn to PI as AD is too greedy.. but I will think that PI is not any cheaper ba... I think profit margin of AD on paper is much higher due to their cost of Sienta is lower since they import from indo and not Japan, but they make up by giving warranty etc...

I agree with you that if PI sienta is cheaper than AD, then my choice is go with Sienta. But say the price is the roughly the same, I prefer AD as AD will give warranty and free 3years servicing etc. Just my thoughts..

My previous comments is actually to reply someone saying Toyota AD charge a 27% premium and one could turn to PI as AD is too greedy.. but I will think that PI is not any cheaper ba... I think profit margin of AD on paper is much higher due to their cost of Sienta is lower since they import from indo and not Japan, but they make up by giving warranty etc...

Well it’s true ADs profit is higher.

You can check their omv against selling price.

ADs are selling their cars well, as they know some buyers can’t trust pi, that’s the downside of pi, some black sheep ran away/close tarnished the image of PI..

Also they bring in Made in Indo/Thai cars which most pi are not able to get.

when buying car, explore more in PI.

Cheers