Toyota Sienta 1.5

Victor68

The most terrible thing to happen is to see the same model car driven as a Taxi and being flag down by people. hahahaha

↡ Advertisement

Before I bought my Terios 7, I was comparing it with Sienta. What swayed me towards Terios 7 was its looks, height and the backing of a AD. No doubt, many PI now have servicing with Comfort Delgro, what I'm afraid is the availability of parts, especially being involved in an accident.

• Praise 1

Before I bought my Terios 7, I was comparing it with Sienta. What swayed me towards Terios 7 was its looks, height and the backing of a AD. No doubt, many PI now have servicing with Comfort Delgro, what I'm afraid is the availability of parts, especially being involved in an accident.

Yes spare parts are equally important. It is going to cost a bomb to import them in.

I like Terios 7 too because it's 1.5L, 7 seater, good price, and SUV. My dream combination. Many times I wish i am driving SUV instead of Sienta cause I like cars with high ground clearance

CHANGE IN SINGAPORE SIENTA CLUB WEBSITE

http://forums.cjb.net/sgsienta.html

Need to register and login to access full forum

Edited by Sgnick

I drive my parents' Sienta occasionally and I don't really like it. Some of the pros/cons based on my feel of the car:

- Very light steering feel makes it better suited for city driving rather than highway.

- Super soft suspension makes the car float and bounce like a boat on the high seas.

- Jerky CVT at low speeds, especially when car is coming to a stop. Stupid "rubber band" characteristic of CVT very apparent.

- Seat position very high compared to steering column/dashboard makes long distance driving back-straining.

- Engine doesn't like to rev and lacks power going up inclines.

- Big and spacious inside.

- Huge side mirrors are a plus.

- Sliding rear passenger doors are very useful when loading items.

Verdict: Very suitable for my parents for the short city drive for grocery shopping. Definitely not my kind of car though.

• Praise 1

I drive my parents' Sienta occasionally and I don't really like it. Some of the pros/cons based on my feel of the car:

- Very light steering feel makes it better suited for city driving rather than highway.

- Super soft suspension makes the car float and bounce like a boat on the high seas.

- Jerky CVT at low speeds, especially when car is coming to a stop. Stupid "rubber band" characteristic of CVT very apparent.

- Seat position very high compared to steering column/dashboard makes long distance driving back-straining.

- Big and spacious inside.

- Huge side mirrors are a plus.

- Sliding rear passenger doors are very useful when loading items.

Verdict: Very suitable for my parents for the short city drive for grocery shopping. Definitely not my kind of car though.

Care to elaborate on how CVT can "jerk"? I thought only conventional auto gear can jerk. CVT is supoose to be smooth....

Could it be something else that is jerking?

If one have no requirement for versatile budget 7seater, one will not be able to fully appreciate Sienta.

Nobody buys Sienta expecting "killer looks", "superb handling" and "unparalleled performance", hahahaha, they buy it for cost and practicality and nothing else. Just see it as a no frills point A to point B MPV that doesnt burn hole in your pocket and you will love it as it is.

Edited by Sgnick

as a small mpv, guess its more tune for low-mid torque rather than high hp. guess tats e cons of a CVT when going up slope [:(]

Edited by Hamburger

Care to elaborate on how CVT can "jerk"? I thought only conventional auto gear can jerk. CVT is supoose to be smooth....

Could it be something else that is jerking?

If one have no requirement for versatile budget 7seater, one will not be able to fully appreciate Sienta.

Nobody buys Sienta expecting "killer looks", "superb handling" and "unparalleled performance", hahahaha, they buy it for cost and practicality and nothing else. Just see it as a no frills point A to point B MPV that doesnt burn hole in your pocket and you will love it as it is.

Just b4 the car comes to a complete stop it'll jerk a little. It feels like something engaging/disengaging. I've no idea what is causing it.

As u can see from my last sentence I mentioned it suits my parents' needs well but it's not a car for me. Sorry if I hit any sore spot. No hard feelings.

Just b4 the car comes to a complete stop it'll jerk a little. It feels like something engaging/disengaging. I've no idea what is causing it.

As u can see from my last sentence I mentioned it suits my parents' needs well but it's not a car for me. Sorry if I hit any sore spot. No hard feelings.

Sore spot? none at all, no worries. I only made the comment because I am amused whenever someone post reviews or comments about Sienta's power, performance or handling, cause they seem to be missing the point totally. It's like if I comment why the Nissan GTR cost so much yet cannot seat 6 and carry furniture, hahaha

Anyway, dont worry dude, this is just a forum, dont take every comment too seriously, we're just passing time here

Btw, how old is your parent's Sienta? Could it be the brake disc has slight distortion?

Edited by Sgnick

Btw, how old is your parent's Sienta? Could it be the brake disc has slight distortion?

Just stating my feel for the car tats all.

Don't think it's brake rotor coz that causes vibration more than just one single jerk. It's abt 1 yr old.

I was once looking for compact MPV too.

Have sit(without moving) in Wish, Isis, Stream, Freed, & Sienta.

For Terious 7 didn't try cos made in Indonesia(no offence).

To be fair Sienta 3rd row space not bad. Lost to Freed from outlook but Freed is much more expensive then.

But heard the PI said that Sienta going to stop production soon.

Don know how true lah but better ask if got chance.

If you're intending to buy Freed, wait for a few more months. Kah Motor is bringing it in soon. The main difference between Kah's and PI's Freed is 5sp automatic vs CVT. IMO, 5sp auto is better suited for start/stop driving and better for overtaking as well.

yup, I'm enjoying my Terios 7's height. It's much easier to drive. However, the losing point of Terios 7 vs Sienta is its higher FC. I'm getting 11.5km/L. Another point for some, it is made in Indonesia.

I see Sienta almost daily. Not everywhere. But maybe I have more fate in meeting Sienta along my way? Anyway, just in my company alone, we have 3 Sientas, excluding mine. And we are not PI selling cars.

Hi Chevycavy, perhaps your parents would like to send the car to the workshop and find out what's wrong. I have been driving Sienta for almost 3 years, but didn't experience any of the jerking you mentioned.

Not addressing this thing to anyone, merely stating my own opinion here: It's a choice of what you want to buy with your own money. Some people like LV to the core, some like Chanel. Some hate Dior, some are in love with Mont Blanc......Buy what you want that satisfy your desire. Else we should all be getting the same wife right?

Cheerios

Edited by Santarene

I'm a happy Sienta owner.

The look of the car is quite subjective. Having driven if for around 2 years, the funny shape has grown on me somehow.

I agree with your observation on the stop jerk. At first, it bothers me why there's an disengaging jerk whenever the car comes to a stop. But then, after driving for a few months, you will learn to know the sweet spot of letting go the accelerator and pushing on the brake to avoid the jerk.

• Praise 1