Victor68

Toyota Sienta 1.5

you drive a chevrolet cavalier?

↡ Advertisement

I see Sienta almost daily. Not everywhere. But maybe I have more fate in meeting Sienta along my way? Anyway, just in my company alone, we have 3 Sientas, excluding mine. And we are not PI selling cars.

Hi Chevycavy, perhaps your parents would like to send the car to the workshop and find out what's wrong. I have been driving Sienta for almost 3 years, but didn't experience any of the jerking you mentioned.

Not addressing this thing to anyone, merely stating my own opinion here: It's a choice of what you want to buy with your own money. Some people like LV to the core, some like Chanel. Some hate Dior, some are in love with Mont Blanc......Buy what you want that satisfy your desire. Else we should all be getting the same wife right?

Cheerios

Edited by Santarene

I'm a happy Sienta owner.

The look of the car is quite subjective. Having driven if for around 2 years, the funny shape has grown on me somehow.

I agree with your observation on the stop jerk. At first, it bothers me why there's an disengaging jerk whenever the car comes to a stop. But then, after driving for a few months, you will learn to know the sweet spot of letting go the accelerator and pushing on the brake to avoid the jerk.

• Praise 1

Carens got backing of AD

Sienta doesn't have. See my point?

Truthfully, I can mount a video cam on my car and really hardly can record a sienta.

When buying a PI car, people have their apprehension. Warranty? After sales? etc. tat's what i meant.

I got from a good PI which offer me with 5 years and 200,000km warranty under a few workshop (one of them is Comfort delgo). Hence this give me worry free of driving for the next 5 years. [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Hi, can check with you guys, is Sienta able to take a baby pram with diemensions 2.4 x 1.4(width) x 1m, with the seats folded Down?

Toyota Sienta ....... Best car I have ever owned. Its space is enough for seven people.

the jerk and the low end sufferings r true, i just bought one a few weeks ago

thank you for the insight shared,cheers.

got to be careful when buying COE car, you dont know hows the condition of the car, and resale value is almost zero...

If any sienta 2008-2009 owner is looking to scrap or sell his vehicle, please PM if yours is in good or excellent condition.

Direct buyer here willing to offer higher than paper value.

• Praise 1

If any sienta 2008-2009 owner is looking to scrap or sell his vehicle, please PM if yours is in good or excellent condition.

Direct buyer here willing to offer higher than paper value.

just monitor SGCM, there are deals coming up once every now and then.

still see some old Sientas on the road, and mine was sold within the same day of being put up for sale

• Praise 1

still looks in good condition... you could have renewed COE haha...

Haha, ya, I did think about that but decided in the end to go with a new one. But come to think of it, I might begin to regret if the COE and PQP keeps on dropping from now till next August!!!

The dealer mileage got adjust or not huh?

No, it looks accurate. Only about 55km more than when I handed over to Borneo Motors.

Anyway, the best part is that the Borneo motors Sales Engineer never even once checked my car!

Hi

Is the cabin noise tolerable when driving in expressway? Thks!

Nope, never had an issue with cabin noise at all. But then again, I am not the very noise sensitive type. Furthermore with 4 kids in the car, the inside noise is much more than from outside!! :) 

• Praise 1

Haha, ya, I did think about that but decided in the end to go with a new one. But come to think of it, I might begin to regret if the COE and PQP keeps on dropping from now till next August!!!

No, it looks accurate. Only about 55km more than when I handed over to Borneo Motors.

Anyway, the best part is that the Borneo motors Sales Engineer never even once checked my car!

Nope, never had an issue with cabin noise at all. But then again, I am not the very noise sensitive type. Furthermore with 4 kids in the car, the inside noise is much more than from outside!! :)

Hi

How would you compare the old and new Sienta in terms of engine power, interior space etc. Thks!

• Praise 1

Hi

How would you compare the old and new Sienta in terms of engine power, interior space etc. Thks!

In terms of interior, the new has more storage space. Also, the second and third row seats are a bit bigger. There is no gap between the seats in the third row, unlike the old which has a gap.

As for engine, my own subjective feeling is that the old is a bit more responsive. This might be because the old is a lighter car than the new.

Some of the other differences I have noticed are due to the fact that my current is from Borneo Motors whereas my previous one was from PI.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1