Toyota Sienta 1.5

Victor68

still looks in good condition... you could have renewed COE haha...

Haha, ya, I did think about that but decided in the end to go with a new one. But come to think of it, I might begin to regret if the COE and PQP keeps on dropping from now till next August!!!

The dealer mileage got adjust or not huh?

No, it looks accurate. Only about 55km more than when I handed over to Borneo Motors.

Anyway, the best part is that the Borneo motors Sales Engineer never even once checked my car!

Hi

Is the cabin noise tolerable when driving in expressway? Thks!

Nope, never had an issue with cabin noise at all. But then again, I am not the very noise sensitive type. Furthermore with 4 kids in the car, the inside noise is much more than from outside!! :) 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Haha, ya, I did think about that but decided in the end to go with a new one. But come to think of it, I might begin to regret if the COE and PQP keeps on dropping from now till next August!!!

No, it looks accurate. Only about 55km more than when I handed over to Borneo Motors.

Anyway, the best part is that the Borneo motors Sales Engineer never even once checked my car!

Nope, never had an issue with cabin noise at all. But then again, I am not the very noise sensitive type. Furthermore with 4 kids in the car, the inside noise is much more than from outside!! :)

Hi

How would you compare the old and new Sienta in terms of engine power, interior space etc. Thks!

• Praise 1

Hi

How would you compare the old and new Sienta in terms of engine power, interior space etc. Thks!

In terms of interior, the new has more storage space. Also, the second and third row seats are a bit bigger. There is no gap between the seats in the third row, unlike the old which has a gap.

As for engine, my own subjective feeling is that the old is a bit more responsive. This might be because the old is a lighter car than the new.

Some of the other differences I have noticed are due to the fact that my current is from Borneo Motors whereas my previous one was from PI.

• Praise 1

Hi

Is the cabin noise tolerable when driving in expressway? Thks!

ok for me. i also have kids in the car so inside louder than outside haha... at most on music louder :XD:

Twincharged

4kids congrats and thanks for replacing yourselves. Twice over.

Hi

With the last row of seats up, how many 28 inch luggage could you squeeze into boot? Thks!

honestly, very limited boot space. my luggage usually goes to the 2nd row or i flip down one of the 3rd row seats.

honestly, very limited boot space. my luggage usually goes to the 2nd row or i flip down one of the 3rd row seats.

Yup, most of the time for luggage, I push down one of the 3rd row seats. Very seldom do I need to push down both. 

Bought a 2008 sienta. Sometimes just b4 the car comes to a complete stop it'll jerk a little. Some Bro had mentioned this in the earlier posts. Any bro can confirm this is normal for 2008 sienta.. and not because of wear and tear? dont want to go workshop then later ask me to change this and that... if this is normal for old sienta... 

• Praise 1

Bought a 2008 sienta. Sometimes just b4 the car comes to a complete stop it'll jerk a little. Some Bro had mentioned this in the earlier posts. Any bro can confirm this is normal for 2008 sienta.. and not because of wear and tear? dont want to go workshop then later ask me to change this and that... if this is normal for old sienta...

gearbox issue? my 2009 Sienta didnt have this problem when i was driving it...

not sure leh since some bro mentioned about this issue in the earlier posts.. usually happened from high speed to a complete stop at traffic light..  rather than that... no issue shifting high-low, low-high gear... so far so good... checked with one workshop, he said normal for cvt engine..last time i drove latio, normal AT gear, dont have this issue. 

bro, does your ride feels floating over humps? mine does sometimes.. and what is the fc? mine is only 10-11km/l. 

strange thing is ..i asked the passengers sitting at the 2nd and 3rd rows.. they dont feel any jerks... only i felt... very strange right.. 

not sure leh since some bro mentioned about this issue in the earlier posts.. usually happened from high speed to a complete stop at traffic light..  rather than that... no issue shifting high-low, low-high gear... so far so good... checked with one workshop, he said normal for cvt engine..last time i drove latio, normal AT gear, dont have this issue. 

bro, does your ride feels floating over humps? mine does sometimes.. and what is the fc? mine is only 10-11km/l. 

Supersonic

Your previous car is also a Sienta?  [shocked]

not sure leh since some bro mentioned about this issue in the earlier posts.. usually happened from high speed to a complete stop at traffic light.. rather than that... no issue shifting high-low, low-high gear... so far so good... checked with one workshop, he said normal for cvt engine..last time i drove latio, normal AT gear, dont have this issue.

strange thing is ..i asked the passengers sitting at the 2nd and 3rd rows.. they dont feel any jerks... only i felt... very strange right..

hmm i suggest you ask around a few more WS... my ride felt normal over humps. just had to go slow especially in MY, cause of the worn out suspension haha... i suspect the previous owner loaded the car quite alot... my FC was 13-14km/L, about 70% highway...

Your previous car is also a Sienta? [shocked]

yes, refer to my signature

today changed tires and AT oil.. and added engine oil additive... the ride felt much better than before, almost no more jerks..... also checked with a few WS, all said rocky over humps is quite normal for this sienta... so nw i just go slow over hump.. 

hmm i suggest you ask around a few more WS... my ride felt normal over humps. just had to go slow especially in MY, cause of the worn out suspension haha... i suspect the previous owner loaded the car quite alot... my FC was 13-14km/L, about 70% highway...
yes, refer to my signature

• Praise 1

today changed tires and AT oil.. and added engine oil additive... the ride felt much better than before, almost no more jerks..... also checked with a few WS, all said rocky over humps is quite normal for this sienta... so nw i just go slow over hump..

Bro u pump 95 or 92 for ur old sienta? Not sure 92 will cause knocking or not

Anyone know the recommended petrol for 2008 sienta? 92 or 95?

Supersonic

92 all the way... no knocking...

I pumped 92 for my old sienta. No problem at all. I think the minimum is 88 if I didn't remember wrongly. 

↡ Advertisement