SBS 160 Bus Driver slashed in Johor

Highwaycode

Breaking News > Singapore > Story

Feb 10, 2009

Bus driver slashed in Johor

A MAN wielding a parang has attached a Singapore bus driver in a robbery attempt in Johor Bahru on Tuesday evening.

The SBS Transit 160 bus had just left the Kotaraya shopping centre when the incident occurred.

According ot a MediaCorp report, the bus driver was slashed with the parang when he attempted to close the bus doors on his attackers who were trying to board the bus.

The driver is in his early thirties and is believed to be a Singapore permanent resident.

The injured driver, who is currently in the Johor General Hospital, will soon be moved to Singapore said an SBS Transit spokesman.

The attacker left the scene after the attempted robbery. No other information is currently available.

The 160 bus travels between Kotaraya and the Jurong East Interchange in Singapore.

↡ Advertisement

Maybe not robbery, but Buay Song bus just cut out of bus stop, since SBS so used to be given way in SG? [rolleyes]

if that's so, he really deserves it.. knn.. driving @ 60 on the left lane.. the bus din even bother to check if there's vehicle, cuts out of the bus bay..

happened to me many many times.. continue slashing them until they wake up their idea..

Neutral Newbie

avoid to go there, JB robbery very bery aggressive, I kena rob out the street with so many people pass by, they just don't border. they want $$$$, lucky they never chop me. but I pay all my money.

Correct me if I'm wrong... I think more like the driver was trying to stop the robber from getting away and kena slashed right? Didn't clearly say who the robber robbed.

Stupid robber. What is there to take in a bus? Bus driver confirm don't have much on him.

As long as the robbers see mecedes or volvo, they dont care liao, just rob lor. [sweatdrop]

exactly what i was talking to my fren abt

majority uses EzLink cards thus hardly any coins to rob

and i seriously the driver is wearing a Rolex or flashing money ard

robbers gone desperate!

Stupid robber. What is there to take in a bus? Bus driver confirm don't have much on him.

robbers gone desperate!

Aiyo, Cannot rob passenger meh? Disable driver and rob at leisure.

robbers gone desperate!

I usually pay cash if I take the bus back to Singapore... Coz it's in RM, 60~65% discount leh!

Neutral Newbie

JB is so dangerous. geylang is much safer. We should all patronise geylang and boycot JB. My sg friend just got slashed and robbed by a robber this morning at the shell station just coming out of JB CIQ. 9am somemore with at least 20 other people around.. Now lying in hospital here. Poor thing.

JB is so dangerous. geylang is much safer. We should all patronise geylang and boycot JB. My sg friend just got slashed and robbed by a robber this morning at the shell station just coming out of JB CIQ. 9am somemore with at least 20 other people around.. Now lying in hospital here. Poor thing.

Not reported in the news?

↡ Advertisement