Posting to Brunei

Coolpica

Company just informed me that I may be posted to Brunei. However, I do not know much about the country. Can some kind souls here pls tell me more about the life in Brunei? I heard that the pace is slower than in Singapore and that is nothing much to do at night unlike Singapore whereby we have 24 hours coffee joints and eateries. Thank you for all your inputs.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

got internet cafe. many so call legalized pirated dvd stalls. Chinese food is available. Pace is slow in this country. Yeah there is a Jerudong Amusement park. A dollar ride for some stations...

if you have time like weekend you can climb mount KK

i have done it and quite a joy

the cinema ... dirt cheap but becareful must look careful because may not be dub in english

anyway if you drive make sure you slow down when you see expensive car coming right up behind you GIVE WAY

because it may be the royal family driving

if you dont kena stop and get slap

you have been warned

My mum is from brunei so just to share some info

1. If u ever have craving for pork, guess u need to smuggle it from Sarawak / Miri

2. Booze is a no no there , dun expect much shopping life there is boring, but make use of ur tour to save money.

3. Base on my understanding there is a "Tamut" something like a morning version of "pasar malam" mainly sell food, go to grab those yum yum food there u should catch them only on Friday at Bandar Seri Begawan , Saturday at Kuala Belait, Sunday at Seria , i may get the date wrong so double comfirm

4. Driving there is right hand drive

5. People there are generally courteous

6. Petrol is cheaper than one can of coke

This link is for you

http://www.information.gov.bn/bdnewsletter...1&Itemid=42

hmmm ... ur co has vacant position in Brunei or hoping that you'll throw in the towel on ur own ? U know ..... cost cutting measure ..... no need for golden handshake kind of thing .....

2. Booze is a no no there , dun expect much shopping life there is boring, but make use of ur tour to save money.

Booze are allowed but cannot be seen in public. Must wrap up, if seen carry a botlle of beer, that will kena.

Becareful of royal blood. Dun often them.

Else boring,

Lots of replies saying it is boring... but I guess it's wat you're looking for.

Depends on wat your idea of a good time is. People who love the great outdoors find singapore boring too, with few really wild places to go.

I guess Brunei should give a lot of opportunities to experience a slower pace of life, new culture, nicer cars and open roads and cheap petrol, and the great outdoors, being closer to nature.

Company just informed me that I may be posted to Brunei. However, I do not know much about the country. Can some kind souls here pls tell me more about the life in Brunei? I heard that the pace is slower than in Singapore and that is nothing much to do at night unlike Singapore whereby we have 24 hours coffee joints and eateries. Thank you for all your inputs.

Don't worry, at least the town has 2 24hours cafe. If at rural area, learn how to cook and get a good coffee machine.

During the early 90's when I was there on assignment, noticed that no street directory for the public. Only Shell Brunei have their very own map!! [lipsrsealed]

And yes you have to give way to "Big Black Car" some sort of Royal family.. [furious]

we have Beer served in tea pot and tea cup!! [hur]