Need NRIC to bid COE?

Pippo20

sometimes u might be smoked by ur SE.

when i bought my lancer 3 yrs ago, she told me she bidded for my coe. i checked online, also same as u, no news.

after 1 more bidding, she got my coe, and admitted to me that she didnt manage to submit my bidding e first time..

i tink u better check with ur SE again. I checked my COE and i do see tat it is successful.

This is the status of your bid as at 18/02/2009 16:00:00.00 HRS

Bidder ID: SxxxxxxxxE

Vehicle Category Current COE Price Last Submission/ Revision TimeStamp Reserve Price Current Bid Status

A (Car (1600cc & below) &Taxi ) $4,460 18/02/2009 15:55:57.87 HRS $5,098 Successful

For cars, Cat A & B COE are not transferable so must be bidded with your NRIC number.. If u check the website no record with your NRIC means no bid for u under Cat A or B.

Cat E COE are transferable so these would not be under your NRIC number. Since Cat E is usually more ex, they would not bid Cat E for u.. They usually give u Cat E gotten from previous rounds that they have no use for..

Hi,

we have recently bought a new car from authorized car dealer, the car dealer actually requested for our original NRIC to keep for a few days to use it for the old car scrapping process. Is it a common practice?

Hi,

we have recently bought a new car from authorized car dealer, the car dealer actually requested for our original NRIC to keep for a few days to use it for the old car scrapping process. Is it a common practice?

Hi, I think it's normal because my SE also took my NRIC.

Hi,

I believe it is common practice.

That said, I find it strange cos the SE could sight the original IC and then make a photocopy for the admin side to do the necessary docs, bid for COE etc.

2 reasons I can think of is:

1) Admin needs to sight the original IC to ensure a "real person" has signed the purchase agreement, can't depened on the SE's word; so sort of cross-check, afterall once COE bid,

non-transferable for most Categories.

2) IC needed to be passed on to bank for their Loan approval and possibly Insurance as well.

My 2 cents only.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5