Questions about house moving.

Milgram

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I understand that people do not normally move house during the 7th month Hungry Ghost Festival. What about Qing Ming Jie? Is it advisable to move house during Qing Ming Jie? Also, anyone here can direct me to an affordable and (more importantly) credible person versed in the Tongshu who could advise me on what's a good time to move house based on my Ba-Zi? Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, I understand that people do not normally move house during the 7th month Hungry Ghost Festival. What about Qing Ming Jie? Is it advisable to move house during Qing Ming Jie? Also, anyone here can direct me to an affordable and (more importantly) credible person versed in the Tongshu who could advise me on what's a good time to move house based on my Ba-Zi? Thanks!

Can consult those 'expert' in waterloo streets..

generally i don't see a problem...

during 7th month, it is understandable because those spirits without accomodation will be let out to roam.

during Qing Ming, it is for spirits of relative to come out to meet their loved ones. they will not visit any other homes!

i know....old folks a lot of things don't know just want to play safe.....

they don't know spirituality, ba zi, ghosts etc.....they usually play safe say don't marry someone 6 years difference in age....but that is like knowing trying to act like doctor to give advice when they have only learn how to use panadol

I think you have to inform your ancestors that you are moving. I have never heard of Qing ming cannot move house but that's just me. Actually you dun have to look at what Tong shu. If you are able to get your hands on some calendars with lunar date & many things related, that's good enough. Those one big stack of calendar where you can tear away dates piece by piece.

You can see that on such calendars they will mentioned on that certain day it's good for things like moving house, getting married, moving furnitures etc etc. And the bad things also. You will find them under "yi"(good day for doing some things) and "xiong" (not a good day for a certain activities). But there are also instances where like housing moving is not mentioned in either of the "yi" or "xiong".

YOu can find out for yourself and can save some money. Good luck.

U can actually see the date dat chiong with ur horoscope on those Chinese calendar. Got the hours that r good hours to move.

generally i don't see a problem...

during 7th month, it is understandable because those spirits without accomodation will be let out to roam.

during Qing Ming, it is for spirits of relative to come out to meet their loved ones. they will not visit any other homes!

During Qing Ming, spirits got come out meh? I thought it's for rememberence? ie, the living think of the dead.

haha that one only base on your year of birth le.....a person luck depends on year, month, day and hour of birth.....not just the year of birth

Tell me about it [rolleyes]

Just providing general one. Here's a slightly more detail on moving in process.

Things to buy/prepare:

- Charcoal stove, tarma (apparatus used to start a charcoal fire), charcoal

- Special incense (for cleansing of the house)

- New container to boil water

- Pomegranate or Pomelo leaves (with branches)

Procedure:

1. Turn off everything (lights, electricity, etc.) in the house and everybody moves out of the house.

2. Start fire on stove outside the house.

3. The 2 owners of the house carry the burning stove into the house, reciting auspicious phrases.

4. After going round the house once, place the fire on the kitchen stove, then boil water using the new container.

5. Turn on all the lights, electricity, music, etc. and open all the doors and windows

yes..is for remembrance...but some religious teaching has it that it is because the spiritual world open during that period for them to be revered by their loved ones.

there's a shop at the basement of FU LU SHOU... using computerised TONG SHU to find the right time and date for u.

it's pretty cheap.. others were charging >$88 for 3 dates for u to choose.. but this shop which is just beside the herbal shop if i'm not wrong.. is charging only $50... can give it a try.. so far it's been accurate for me...

I think you have to inform your ancestors that you are moving. I have never heard of Qing ming cannot move house but that's just me. Actually you dun have to look at what Tong shu. If you are able to get your hands on some calendars with lunar date & many things related, that's good enough. Those one big stack of calendar where you can tear away dates piece by piece.

You can see that on such calendars they will mentioned on that certain day it's good for things like moving house, getting married, moving furnitures etc etc. And the bad things also. You will find them under "yi"(good day for doing some things) and "xiong" (not a good day for a certain activities). But there are also instances where like housing moving is not mentioned in either of the "yi" or "xiong".

YOu can find out for yourself and can save some money. Good luck.

Don't know those calendars zhun or not. I ever seen 2 calendars give direct opposite advise for the same date. One say 凶, one say 吉 [confused]

I dunno leh. So far it works for me. The house moving process was smooth. I'm not that extreme into believing such things. My mum confirmed for me by looking at another calendar.

I dun do things like carry a stove of burning charcoal around the house or anything like that. But I do keep a fire extinguisher, keep sharp objects away and dun put too many things in the way. Making sure the gas pipes especially that there's no leak at the joints.

Anyway my mum did the extreme, she brought some nuns over to cleanse the whole house by reciting Buddha scriptures and all. [speechless][laugh]