Forum to discuss about PR application

Vwguy77

Hi everyone,

Are there any website or forum that discusses about Singapore PR Application? I just received a letter from ICA that my wife's (who is from PRC) application for PR has been rejected only after submitting the application 2 months ago. Very sian becos it is siong psychologically for her to just stay at the home and not able to work to contribute to the family.... considering the fact that both of us are university grad.

Really appreciate if someone can point out a good forum to discuss and enquire about this issue. Thanks ahead!

↡ Advertisement

Hi everyone,

Are there any website or forum that discusses about Singapore PR Application? I just received a letter from ICA that my wife's (who is from PRC) application for PR has been rejected only after submitting the application 2 months ago. Very sian becos it is siong psychologically for her to just stay at the home and not able to work to contribute to the family.... considering the fact that both of us are university grad.

Really appreciate if someone can point out a good forum to discuss and enquire about this issue. Thanks ahead!

U come 2 de right place, here MCF! Maybe u shld ask ICA the reason 4 de rejection? How long have ur wife been staying in SG? I've friend's wife got rejected for less than 2years stay. Even visa sometime r reject for no reason, just appeal lor.

Hi everyone,

I think you only need employment pass to work right? So if she can find work, her employer can apply employment pass for her liow lor.....

Edited by Scoots

Hi everyone,

there are numberous, but most pro mycarfourm will give you the best, faster solution [gossip]

anyway , in the first place , what's your nationality ?

and also , what's type of application she did ? independent or link to spouse ( if you're a singapore citizen)

I think you only need employment pass to work right? So if she can find work, her employer can apply employment pass for her liow lor.....

Might not be a good idea. Neighour got banned from SG. ICA very particular abt work pass and social visit pass and PR application.

U come 2 de right place, here MCF! Maybe u shld ask ICA the reason 4 de rejection? How long have ur wife been staying in SG? I've friend's wife got rejected for less than 2years stay. Even visa sometime r reject for no reason, just appeal lor.

She only came to Singapore last september in which we got ROM-ed the following month. We knew each other while I was working in China for the past 3 years. I came back to Singapore as we think Singapore would be the perfect place to setup a family... with good society setting and excellent education.

I'm thinking of going to meet my MP to seek an appeal... any idea that would work?

It is hard to find an employer who is willing to hire a foreigner in this kind of terrible economy.... being a PR should ease up the process a bit.

Plus, would it complicate her probable appeal or future application if she gets an employment pass?

there are numberous, but most pro mycarfourm will give you the best, faster solution [gossip]

anyway , in the first place , what's your nationality ?

and also , what's type of application she did ? independent or link to spouse ( if you're a singapore citizen)

I'm a 100% Singaporean.... served and protect my nation during NS. :) Did almost all my education down here except I went to the US to do my engineering degree.

She's currently holding a LTVP after we ROM-ed last october. We submitted her application for PR in December and got the reply just yesterday.

She only came to Singapore last september in which we got ROM-ed the following month. We knew each other while I was working in China for the past 3 years. I came back to Singapore as we think Singapore would be the perfect place to setup a family... with good society setting and excellent education.

I'm thinking of going to meet my MP to seek an appeal... any idea that would work?

From wat I noe the application is not dat fast. Since only last year Sep, it's only 6 mths time. U can try appealing to ICA, go down there and check with them the reason for the rejection. If time or duration of stay is the issue then guess u dun have choice?

MP might work but not sure on this. Try write in lor?

Hi everyone,

Some forumers here trying to help but you are not answering: What is your nationality.

Secondly why doesn't she apply for citizenship directly? Why stop at only PR?

It is hard to find an employer who is willing to hire a foreigner in this kind of terrible economy.... being a PR should ease up the process a bit.

Plus, would it complicate her probable appeal or future application if she gets an employment pass?

I've a nieghbour with work permit and married a SG, dun noe exactly wat happen she got depot back. While yours might be different, no point risking this! Dat's wat I think but I could be wrong too?

Some forumers here trying to help but you are not answering: What is your nationality.

Du one have to be PR first b4 being citizen?

I did reply earlier... I'm a singaporean. :)

I was told ICA that I can only submit PR now. It is only getting a PR that you can apply to be citizen.

are u both married w kids? my uncle hainanese wife got married and have a kid soon after and got her PR...both are not highly educated.

I've a nieghbour with work permit and married a SG, dun noe exactly wat happen she got depot back. While yours might be different, no point risking this! Dat's wat I think but I could be wrong too?

Recently they relac this rule liao. Work permit is allow to marry sgporean.

I thought it was almost walk-through for foreign wives of singaporeans to get PR. Very easy. For foreign husbands of singaporean women used to be a different story.

Anyway, back to your problem. There are 2 kinds of PR, as far as I know. A dependent's PR (i.e. foreign wife applies for PR based on marriage to you), or a professional PR (i.e. your foreign wife applies for PR on her own merit, based on her employment as a grad and working professional).

Professional PR criteria is more clear-cut, IMHO, as long as your wife is employed at a certain minimum rank and pay scale. But needs renewal every 5 years, then 10 years - to show that she is still employed at the same professional level.

For dependent's PR, I think need to be married longer, then try again. Just your luck, may meet more leniency next time.

PR should be no problem lah... hordes of foreigners get it, even those just out of poly.

I did reply earlier... I'm a singaporean. :)

I was told ICA that I can only submit PR now. It is only getting a PR that you can apply to be citizen.

Get PR first lor. Maybe after your wife give birth to a sg baby they will offer your wife citizenship. Coz nowadays got many scam marriages so that PRCs can easily get citizenship just by paying a sgporean to get married.

Recently they relac this rule liao. Work permit is allow to marry sgporean.

I neber say work permit cannot marry but with work permit complicates thing. I've also noe colick, apply to apply to marry SG! They r on work permit but b4 going ROM with an SG, they need to "apply" to apply ROM!! That's was 20 years ago thing! I only hear them saying this when chit chatting.

↡ Advertisement