Malaysia : Sutera Mall - The next one to go at Johor Bahru

Kelpie

Made my maiden trip to Sutera Mall today. Oh my gosh, this must really be the largest modern shopping centre in JB. It is not too far away from the new Jusco Bukit Indah. Just go towards BestMart, after 2 T-junction keep right and soon you will see Sutera Mall.

Many Makan houses surrounding that place too. Keppel Land and Capital Land are the owners! Went there quite late so can't finish shopping. Will go back again [thumbsup].

Sutera Mall

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

been there b4 but don seems to be more up market than Jusco Bukit Indah [rolleyes]

I like the big size of Sutera Mall. I will probably skip Jusco Bukit Indah liao. I drove around the surrounding and there are many nice restaurants near by too. I was told by the locals that Sutera area is a more upmakret(prime) district than Bukit Indah. Bukit Indah properties are cheaper than Sutera too.

In fact not far away from Sutera Mall, there is a big pasar malam that operates every Saturday.

Regards,

Dunno about you but I'm discovering Johor Jaya.

You mean Johor Jaya Square? Tell me more...

Thank you.

Regards,

Will visit there one of these days. Is it much bigger than the one Bukit Indah Jusco?

Erm..visually it is much bigger. There are also more shops and varities. They are suppose to build an Entertainment wing for the phase 3 development.

Regards,

Mainly food. See the Makan folder with the stickied JB Food thread.

I found many small cottage industries and stuff. Furniture shops that are willing to export good quality designer looking stuff at fraction of the prices. Quite a small but happening community.

Mainly food. See the Makan folder with the stickied JB Food thread.

I found many small cottage industries and stuff. Furniture shops that are willing to export good quality designer looking stuff at fraction of the prices. Quite a small but happening community.

Ya, talking about that, I found those streets along where BestMart is, are also quite happening. Row and row of shophouses and no lack of restaurants too.

A local brought me to an inner lane from Sutera Mall and there is a famous Duck Mee noodle stall. Hearsay that the owner used used to be a triad leader but quit and now is the chef. Very friendly guy and the dining environment is quite tranquil. No flies even though is a roadside stall so can eat in peace.

Further in, a shop does pant alteration and etc at RM2-3 each. The whole place is full of Chinese residents. Wow...look like I can plan for retirement there [sly].

Regards,

can advice on parking ? in the security aspect of the mall.

have been going there every fortnight for a few months. There are secruity guards in the carpark so it's quite safe. But of course, do take precaution like putting a steering wheel lock and make sure it's locked properly.

Shops that i will definitely go in sutera mall are -

1) DVD stores - RM 5, cheap and good. With 1-to-1 exchange if faulty.

2) Carrefour - Fanastic selection at great prices.

3) Game stores - 7 dollars for a wii game....unbelievable prices!!!

Can easily spend a few hours at Sutera mall.

In fact, i have been going to check the houses over there. Great finishing and with security guards. Looks pretty safe...furthermore it's owned by Captailand and Keppeland. Though, the prices are really on the high side. RM 750 000 for a semi D.

Other places to go -

1) Tesco hyermart.

2) Terbaru City.

Neutral Newbie

got the gps coordinates for that night market ? I am interested :)

I like the big size of Sutera Mall. I will probably skip Jusco Bukit Indah liao. I drove around the surrounding and there are many nice restaurants near by too. I was told by the locals that Sutera area is a more upmakret(prime) district than Bukit Indah. Bukit Indah properties are cheaper than Sutera too.

In fact not far away from Sutera Mall, there is a big pasar malam that operates every Saturday.

Regards,

got the gps coordinates for that night market ? I am interested :)

Wonder if it's the 777 food court nearby. Lots' of makan there at nite. If you have malsing map, try searching 777 fc

Neutral Newbie

I tot 777Fc is quite a distance away ?? Haven tried going 777Fc but I have gone sutera mall when newly opened .. so now must have open more shops...

Wonder if it's the 777 food court nearby. Lots' of makan there at nite. If you have malsing map, try searching 777 fc