Cefiro 200JK.. how's this car?

Leslielai

A hello to all Cefiro owners out there..

Mind sharing your model, driving pattern (% city/highway, hard on gas/light footed) and average consumption figures?

I'm thinking of getting a 200JK but people around me have been trying their best to convince me of the horrendous FC for the Cefiro so I guess I'll have to find out a little more from actual owners.

A sidenote, I do not wish to see any form of replies from the 2 kids in here whose fathers happen to own the Cefiro.

↡ Advertisement

A sidenote, I do not wish to see any form of replies from the 2 kids in here whose fathers happen to own the Cefiro.

How about the Kia nazi whose company bought him a 200JK? [laugh]

Mind sharing your model, driving pattern (% city/highway, hard on gas/light footed) and average consumption figures?

I'm thinking of getting a 200JK but people around me have been trying their best to convince me of the horrendous FC for the Cefiro so I guess I'll have to find out a little more from actual owners.

Hmm, hi bro. Don't mean to reply when you don't wish to see my reply. But i do hope to be able to provide u with some input.

Don't know how you gather that i am so blacklisted, but who cares.

Just to let you know, as additional information, as a top up to maybe more substantial information if people here are willing to share?

100% city driving brought back 7.5km/l to 8km/l.

Since you're thinking of the 200JK, i assume it's 2nd hand.

For a 50/50 average of hway and city, you're looking @ about 9-10km/l. Some people i heard managed to hit 12km/l with lotsa highway. It all depends on footwork.

Cefiro rims are heavy, that's why, FC tends to suffer.

And, yes, Cefiro FC is a tad worse compared to cars like Camry and accord.Why? I guess body weight comes into the picture.

Compared to the 230JM, the 230JM also brings back an average of 7-8km/l for 100% city. Don't ask me why it's the same FC, but i guess its due to more power to overcome the overall weight of the car. So, obviously, 230JM, is more fuel economical, if you compare 1998cc, and 2349 cc, with V6.

My take on this is that, if you can afford to buy a Cefiro, why bother about FC? for 2 litre cars, the average FC all around the range would be about 9-11km/l.

Cheers and i hope my input does help.

You can choose to ignore this. (:

CHEERS!

Hmm, hi bro. Don't mean to reply when you don't wish to see my reply. But i do hope to be able to provide u with some input.

Don't know how you gather that i am so blacklisted, but who cares.

Just to let you know, as additional information, as a top up to maybe more substantial information if people here are willing to share?

100% city driving brought back 7.5km/l to 8km/l.

Since you're thinking of the 200JK, i assume it's 2nd hand.

For a 50/50 average of hway and city, you're looking @ about 9-10km/l. Some people i heard managed to hit 12km/l with lotsa highway. It all depends on footwork.

Cefiro rims are heavy, that's why, FC tends to suffer.

And, yes, Cefiro FC is a tad worse compared to cars like Camry and accord.Why? I guess body weight comes into the picture.

Compared to the 230JM, the 230JM also brings back an average of 7-8km/l for 100% city. Don't ask me why it's the same FC, but i guess its due to more power to overcome the overall weight of the car. So, obviously, 230JM, is more fuel economical, if you compare 1998cc, and 2349 cc, with V6.

My take on this is that, if you can afford to buy a Cefiro, why bother about FC? for 2 litre cars, the average FC all around the range would be about 9-11km/l.

Cheers and i hope my input does help.

You can choose to ignore this. (:

CHEERS!

clap clap!

Edited by Friendstar

Guess you don't trust the kid whose father own the Cefiro as he is not the actual owner while I am driving the car everyday.

My consumption is around 9.5 - 10kmkm/litre, if you go slow and steady, it will be around 10km/litre and of course, it depend on your driving style and more on city or highway driving.

For a 2.0Litre engine on a heavy car like Cefiro of around 1.5 tonnes, it is considerably good to have a FC of 9.5km/litres.

As for 2.3 V6 engines, the FC is usually quite bad due to the power and the V6 engine design so it rolls back to basic, if you want power then FC will suffer a bit.

That is my sharing.

i think you should do a test drive and see whether are you able to be connected with the cefiro!

no offence to cefiro owners, it's really quite spacious but i don't really like the drive.

I think with that amount of space, it's really quite value for money.

Yeah... good point there. I'll have to check it out myself before making the decision.

Thanks.

Latioboy: FC is a major concern as I travel quite a bit. I know that I should be looking at 8-11km/l for a car of this capacity but just in case you do not realise (since you are not the one paying for the petrol for that Cefiro in your family), a difference between 11 and 8 is 3km/l and that is substantial for someone who travels around for a living.

Guess you don't trust the kid whose father own the Cefiro as he is not the actual owner while I am driving the car everyday.

My consumption is around 9.5 - 10kmkm/litre, if you go slow and steady, it will be around 10km/litre and of course, it depend on your driving style and more on city or highway driving.

For a 2.0Litre engine on a heavy car like Cefiro of around 1.5 tonnes, it is considerably good to have a FC of 9.5km/litres.

As for 2.3 V6 engines, the FC is usually quite bad due to the power and the V6 engine design so it rolls back to basic, if you want power then FC will suffer a bit.

That is my sharing.

Hey I remember you, Korean make crusade! [laugh]

Very valuable input, thanks.

If the FC is as what you mentioned, I think its very fair. Horror stories about people averaging 6-7.5km/l scares me quite a bit.

Apart from the FC, there should be no other known problems for this car aye?

Is it a second hand or brand new Cefiro you're considering? Furthermore, is the Cefiro still available first-hand with the introduction of the Teana?

An indicative price of the Cefiro (if it's indeed second-hand) and its age might be more helpful; if the Cefiro is dirt-cheap (and it should be for such a car) the savings over a comparable car could equally cover the additional cost incurred due to the bad fuel efficiency.

Hey I remember you, Korean make crusade! [laugh]

Very valuable input, thanks.

If the FC is as what you mentioned, I think its very fair. Horror stories about people averaging 6-7.5km/l scares me quite a bit.

Apart from the FC, there should be no other known problems for this car aye?

I would say if you are those who often rev the car for pickup, the worst FC you can get is around 8.5-9lm/litres, no way to get even 7.5 or 6km/litres, that figures do apply to the 230JM instead.

Hmm.......the kid has replied despite you telling him not to do so. as you know, kids always do the opposite of what you told them.

Is it a second hand or brand new Cefiro you're considering? Furthermore, is the Cefiro still available first-hand with the introduction of the Teana?

An indicative price of the Cefiro (if it's indeed second-hand) and its age might be more helpful; if the Cefiro is dirt-cheap (and it should be for such a car) the savings over a comparable car could equally cover the additional cost incurred due to the bad fuel efficiency.

The general market rate of a used cefiro 230JM that s 3 yrs old is arnd 45K nia. So its really good value for a luxury car to own n drive.

FC is a little on the higher side, but much diff frm most 2L jap rides anyway.

Axtually i knida agree with latioboy on that highlighted statement......... of cuz it will be easier for him to comment since he is not paying for petrol but i think there is some truth in it.

I would say based on the cefiro, there is no new cars so i would assume the TS is getting a 2nd hand car.

I look at it this way, low car price + high FC = high car price + low FC..... ultimately it is the same.

And if FC is really a concern for TS, he should avoid the cefiro...... and if space is a concern i guess the all popular toyota wish is a good bet..........

the cefiro is really luxurious and with this luxury comes additional weight which = lousier FC

And the TS may want to look at size of tyres as the difference in price between 16" and 17" for 4 tyres should offset his higher petrol expenses for about 4-6mths..............

Edited by Galantspeedz

Since u travel a lot,f/c cumulative fig from owners is not good.

Maybe 2nd hand is cheap,but everyday drive for petrol will hurt ur pocket.

Maybe u can consider CNG

its V6 or nothing......4get abt e 200JK. cfm regret [cool] .

hmm, precisely why my mum changed from a 200JK to a 230JM. heh. Never regretted!

But then again, its a matter of choice, and personal preference. (:

↡ Advertisement