Bonuses in shopping vouchers

Jman888

Mon, Feb 23, 2009

Reuters

>CAPITALAND , Southeast Asia's largest developer and Singapore's biggest mall operator, will pay part of its managers' bonuses this year in shopping vouchers.

'Staff will receive shopping vouchers in March, and the amounts range from $750 to $10,000,' a CapitaLand spokeswoman said.

'About $1 million worth of vouchers will be distributed in total.' CapitaLand earlier this month said it will raise around $1.84 billion via a rights issue after reporting an 88 per cent slump in fourth-quarter net profit due to weaker sales in Australia and China.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

we will see more discounted voucher selling in ebay [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Yay! Time to prepare for a huge influx of people selling vouchers on the forums. What do you think will be a suitable discount rate?

Yay! Time to prepare for a huge influx of people selling vouchers on the forums. What do you think will be a suitable discount rate?

maybe 40% - 50% ? ... tenant mix in their malls so-so only, all the same one ...

got bonus not bad liao..

but is good way of encouraging people to spend to improve the economy

Agree, this is one sure way to make sure that the pple spend and not hoard up cash.

In times like this, its the flow of $ that can save the economy.

I won't mind receiving capitaland vouchers as long as I can use it on groceries and household items.

shopping mall voucher not too bad, you know you are getting at least 20% from the coy as they probably will only get max 20% from the tenants. If for manufacturing, u know you only get the COGS ranging from 10%-50% [shakehead]

I won't mind receiving capitaland vouchers as long as I can use it on groceries and household items.

This won't encourage spending and boost the economy. You'd most likely have spent that amount on groceries and household items anyway.

Wonder if their AWS also in vouchers... [rolleyes] Then they can send the vouchers to IRAS for payment of income tax.

[idea] good idea [thumbsup] since coy pay in kind, pay IRAs in kind too [laugh]

Actually this is beneficial for both the company as well as the employee in certain respects:

1. The shopping vouchers given will not be taxable. i.e. the employee will not have to pay taxes on this (typically because shopping vouchers are not redeemable for cash)

2. I believe that the company also gets some tax relief as well as well as the added benefit of the shopping vouchers being used and spent within its own premises.

guess radx's company cannot give out vouchers.. how to use :P

can, as long as it has no expiry date and transaferable [laugh][laugh]