Encountered cyclist in lane 2 & 3 on busy morning road

Sofarsogood

Was driving this morning along Dunearn Road (after Eng Neo) around 730am. Those who use this road will know that it is a busy stretch especially nearer to NJC and Hwa Chong. So I was on the extreme right lane, when all of sudden, found myself driving behind a cyclist straddling between lanes 2 & 3! And the cyclist just rode on nonchalantly, with no intention of switching back to leftmost lane. I think this is pretty inconsiderate because you could see the traffic being hindered by the cyclist's actions. Not sure if this chap is doing this everyday ... this is my first time encountering this.

↡ Advertisement

Was driving this morning along Dunearn Road (after Eng Neo) around 730am. Those who use this road will know that it is a busy stretch especially nearer to NJC and Hwa Chong. So I was on the extreme right lane, when all of sudden, found myself driving behind a cyclist straddling between lanes 2 & 3! And the cyclist just rode on nonchalantly, with no intention of switching back to leftmost lane. I think this is pretty inconsiderate because you could see the traffic being hindered by the cyclist's actions. Not sure if this chap is doing this everyday ... this is my first time encountering this.

lol... few days back at new upper changi road also got a stupid cyclist....

he look very pro with his flashy bike and gears, zipping left and right on lane 1 and 2 when traffic was slow.

Red light, i had to stop. he rode to the front zipping about as usual... green came on, i drove forward 30meter to make a U turn and i saw him on my right sitting on the road holding his knee...

dunno which champion knock him down.... then again, maybe he was just taking a rest [lipsrsealed]

by then way how come the merc back light keep flashing? high beaming the cyclist?

Edited by Ngck

maybe the cyclist wants/has to make a turn just a little bit further up along the road? as you can see traffic was heavy so it was probably easier for the cyclist to switch lanes early. [:)]

merc back light flash may be due to the frequency of the recording being able to capture the back light at a particular frequency. what the TS saw was probably just normal operation of the light.

everyday i saw many cyclists along Nicoll highway as well. Isn't it illegal to cycle on an expressway? TP has to enforce this for the safety of the cyclists [thumbsdown]

Nicoll Highway is not an expressway. And i cycle and drive too. So i know how they feel. And normally if i cycle along dunearn towards lornie, i would stick to the left=/ Wonder why this cycle has to stick inbetween.

Edited by Ev0lutionz

Nicoll Highway is not an expressway. And i cycle and drive too. So i know how they feel. And normally if i cycle along dunearn towards lornie, i would stick to the left=/ Wonder why this cycle has to stick inbetween.

not expressway? the speed there is around 70 to 90 km/hr ... it's dangerous to cycle there.

Neutral Newbie

Some cyclist thinks they are 'king' on the road too and they expect other road users to give way...these happen mostly on weekends....I live along Dunean Rd and lot of cyclist on weekends uses this stretch of road for their cycling route. They can be pretty inconsiderate, for example: buddy cycling...side-by-side at a leisurely speed...about 20km/hr (see speedo meter). IF you honk them, they will give you the 'what the f--k' look, and ignore you totally. Besides cycling, I believe they are drivers too (assuming they have cars). However, they forget they are now 'man-powered' not 'horse-powered'....when turning out from smaller road, some fail to check for on-coming traffic while others slow down when they see a red-light, just before the filter lane for left turn...I believe they don't want to unlock their foot from the pedal. But they forgot they are a the bottom of the 'vehicle-chain'. They are pretty arrogant too - ang-mo or local, all the same kind of attitude - understand some bicycle cost several thousand of dollars, but we bang into them & their precious 'ride' due to their neglience (sometime wonder how to proof)....their hospital bill could be the same value...I believe they need to be taught about the road safety & ethics for cyclist.

Edited by Zion41

aha ok, i read somewhere that human eyes react faster to flashing lights, that must be the case why i am always attracted to the lights at clarke quay.. [:D]

well anyway if the road has 2 or more lanes, cyclists are actually allowed to occupy the entire left-most lane, as well as cycle in twos.

as for filtering wihout checking, well, that's just plain crazy be it for driver or cyclist. [:)]

↡ Advertisement