I am diagnose with another incurable illness

Adrianli

13 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

AS pain is occasionally like once or twice a month. Only when very pain and if I know I will outdoors for the day, then I will take the medication. Otherwise just bear with the pain.

Yup, always taken after food or milo in the morning when required.

Unable to remember how long liao, probably 6 to 8 years of taking it. The previous drug caused me to develop fatty liver. So doctor switched to this.

For the hands, so far two other types of cytotoxic drugs that were given by the doctor did not work. So current medication is the last hope before proceeding to biologic according to doctor. 

Currently on this expensive one.

20210107_201314.thumb.jpg.a52ff8528738fbe8d7fc07767a21e25a.jpg

First time I seen anyone taking this. Had to read about it. 

Your sulfasalazine dose is high somemore. 

But usually I only meet women with the above, so maybe dose different. 

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Currently, in pain everyday. I suspect my middle left finger has osteoarthritis. Having difficulty to bend. And when bending, can feel as if the bones rubbing. When fully clenched, it is like locked in place. The pain comes when trying to unlock it. 

Also when using the mouse, especially when I just hover over it while reading newspaper or articles for more than 5 mins, the hand become frozen. Very scary, need to keep it moving.

Now orally, taking only the medication for the RA.

The hands and fingers are important. Not sure how come the medication work for my AS that I no need biologic. Its so good that I just take two tablets, within the hour, there is relief.

My current AS medication, cheap and good. Looks like those little blue tablets for ED.:D

Naproxen.thumb.jpg.aa317b09ee9afa229533952202d9206b.jpg

The naproxen sodium that i eat is soren, it is same as yours?  I find this med is quite good for very bad headache, if panadol and the rest failed to stop the headache, then must take this med.

8 hours ago, 13177 said:

The naproxen sodium that i eat is soren, it is same as yours?  I find this med is quite good for very bad headache, if panadol and the rest failed to stop the headache, then must take this med.

I not sure what your medication. But if brand and ingredients same means the same.

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Naproxen is naproxen lah. The original brand name locally is synflex.
Soden is just the most common generic brand available.

• Praise 3

On 1/6/2021 at 7:22 PM, Adrianli said:

Just an update on myself. Early last year, my urticaria returned and everyday had to eat anti-allergy drugs. Also I have more illnesses adding to my current list, developed Psoriatic arthritis on my forehead and Rheumatoid arthritis on my both hands. Rheumatoid arthritis was so bad on my left hand that when I woke up in the morning, I was unable to bend or flex my fingers at all. I had to use my right hand to forcefully bend my fingers to start the day. So far two types of cytotoxic drugs(https://www.verywellhealth.com/cytotoxic-definition-and-examples-2249082#:~:text=Cytotoxic refers to a substance,describe toxins%2C such as venom.) given by Doctor doesnt work. Currently on the 3rd type and can see slight progression the past few weeks. Doctor say if this drug do not help, I need to go for biologic, monthly injections that cost $400 a shot.:o My current drug is already costing $3 a pill and I am taking it daily. I miss buy prescription drugs from MY pharmacies.

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urticaria

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uveitis

3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosing_spondylitis

4) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irritable_bowel_syndrome

5) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosacea

6) Plantar Fasciitis

7) Vertigo

8) Psoriatic arthritis

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/psoriatic-arthritis/symptoms-causes/syc-20354076#:~:text=Psoriatic arthritis is a form,begin before skin patches appear.

9) Rheumatoid arthritis

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/rheumatoid-arthritis/symptoms-causes/syc-20353648

Not sure whatz next coming to me.

can order online, they require doctor prescription and will allow up to 3 months supply per delivery

https://caring2u.com/home-delivery-to-sg-idn/

• Praise 4

Take care , Adrian! For your latest additions to your list, was there a change/trigger in your life?

Many years back, I suffer from pityriasis lichenoides chronica for a few years. No known cause and treatment is available. But I believe it's stress related.

It went away over 5 years after I was able to walk away from the stress. No change in diet though I exercise more regularly.

Just sharing. Hope it helps.

• Praise 4

38 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Take care , Adrian! For your latest additions to your list, was there a change/trigger in your life?

Many years back, I suffer from pityriasis lichenoides chronica for a few years. No known cause and treatment is available. But I believe it's stress related.

It went away over 5 years after I was able to walk away from the stress. No change in diet though I exercise more regularly.

True, some health issue happened or appeared for no known cause but often it is due to stress which trigger it. Some of my health issue also appear out of no where and i suspect it is due to stress and anxiety. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

58 minutes ago, 13177 said:

True, some health issue happened or appeared for no known cause but often it is due to stress which trigger it. Some of my health issue also appear out of no where and i suspect it is due to stress and anxiety. [sweatdrop]

Yeah elevated cortisol over a prolonged period creates havoc to your body. Read that recently in the sleep book recommended by lala81.... insomnia elevates cortisol too.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Yeah elevated cortisol over a prolonged period creates havoc to your body. Read that recently in the sleep book recommended by lala81.... insomnia elevates cortisol too.

probably why naturally optimistic people have better health and likely to live longer. [;)] I have to learn more about this part.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

MCF is such good sanctuary for some body repair service and mental rebalance/alignment .. .ask Jamesc and he'll offer full body head to toe massage session...hope he won't deploy his beloved MiL to the task though 😁

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Agreed, i think my cortisol level really go haywire once in a while, so i must learn to control my stress, anxiety and sleep.

11 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

probably why naturally optimistic people have better health and likely to live longer. [;)] I have to learn more about this part.

You are right. I wish i am naturally optimistic person. Even i cannot live longer and yet my health would not go haywire. [sweatdrop]

7 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Naproxen is naproxen lah. The original brand name locally is synflex.
Soden is just the most common generic brand available.

Oh synflex...my wife takes if have menses pain.

4 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Not too much change in my lifestyle except for Covid so been home more than usual. No significant change in diet.

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Your wrist, anything to do with you cycling more often?

Nothing wrong with the wrists. Its the fingers and the palm. Medically, the four distal, inter and proximal phalanges and the five metacarpals. Only not affected is the thumbs.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Adopt the “IDGAF” and you will enjoy your life better. That’s what I do now. Work is work, after work, “IDGAF”. I sleep a lot better also. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1