I am diagnose with another incurable illness

Adrianli

12 years of medication and you are adding new ones?  Perhaps you should consider exploring alternative treatments, a change of lifestyle or diet?  Examples, going vegan or losing some weight may help the body to cope. Status quo don't look like an option. But i won't recommend going off your meds. 

I know a TCM professor (yes, he coaches otherTCM doctors) who specializes in bone and nerve diseases. If you would like to try him, PM me.  Just sharing. I know you don't believe in TCM.... Me too, 10 years ago and even now, very selectively. 

From your posts, you seem to be someone who is happy to share, i hope you will find wisdom and an effective remedy from friends here and elsewhere. Good luck.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

7 hours ago, Mazdaowner said:

If I may suggest, get Magnesium Citrate, I used to take this after gym, helps me sleep very well, it's not addictive of course, and not some sleeping pill. You may lack Magnesium in your diet. Just get a bottle from iHerb, not expensive, 2 tabs before bedtime. I stopped taking this due my diet now is high on maganisum, potassium etc, plus "IDGAF" also.  

I have taken magnesium supplement before, i took this supplement due to my often headache, got help a bit for my headache and sleep. But due to high dosage, stomach always discomfort. So stopped talking now.

43 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

12 years of medication and you are adding new ones?  Perhaps you should consider exploring alternative treatments, a change of lifestyle or diet?  Examples, going vegan or losing some weight may help the body to cope. Status quo don't look like an option. But i won't recommend going off your meds. 

I know a TCM professor (yes, he coaches otherTCM doctors) who specializes in bone and nerve diseases. If you would like to try him, PM me.  Just sharing. I know you don't believe in TCM.... Me too, 10 years ago and even now, very selectively. 

From your posts, you seem to be someone who is happy to share, i hope you will find wisdom and an effective remedy from friends here and elsewhere. Good luck.

Actually, I have lost weight during the past year. Not sure if its cos of the illnesses. My doctor has taken note of it. From 95kg from beginning of the year to just 86kg in December. Not sure why I am losing weight so quickly nowadays. Maybe old liao. Previously, losing weight was slow process even with exercising and IF. 86kg is my lowest ever for a very long time liao.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Actually, I have lost weight during the past year. Not sure if its cos of the illnesses. My doctor has taken note of it. From 95kg from beginning of the year to just 86kg in December. Not sure why I am losing weight so quickly nowadays. Maybe old liao. Previously, losing weight was slow process even with exercising and IF. 86kg is my lowest ever for a very long time liao.

Must monitor and see how fast you lost your weight. Sometimes not a good thing if you lost weight too much over a short period. Also must note on your daily routine, anything that causes weight lost.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Adrianli said:

If the weight loss is planned and intentional, it is good but losing 9kg without a change of diet and a stepped up calories burning regime may warrant some attention as to its underlying cause. Luckily it is over 1 year period... Could it be due to stress, career changes, etc?

16 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Public or private doctors may I ask? 😁

I've been to both but meeting the right one is important.

Pain is a big business but there doesn't seem to be any doctor that have an answer to my condition.

In that case, they can only treat the symptoms leading to taking tons of neuropathic pain, anti-depressant, typical pain killer medication which in turn affects other functions of your body.

It may sound ironic but how I wish my pain only flares up once in a while.

At least that's happening with Adrianli.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Pain is a big business but there doesn't seem to be any doctor that have an answer to my condition.

In that case, they can only treat the symptoms leading to taking tons of neuropathic pain, anti-depressant, typical pain killer medication which in turn affects other functions of your body.

What pain you have, how come you feel pain 24/7?

Recent years i also have pain here and there quite often and sometimes it already affecting my mood and daily routine.

29 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

As good as it gets movie comes to mind about finding a good doctor

Wish you luck and hope for the best of outcome in your search for remedy...and with a chio nurse 😝

stay safe by staying strong.

CB46A677-79C6-429F-BDEB-1B54581B324C.jpeg

On 1/9/2021 at 8:33 PM, 13177 said:

I have taken magnesium supplement before, i took this supplement due to my often headache, got help a bit for my headache and sleep. But due to high dosage, stomach always discomfort. So stopped talking now.

No lah, this is Magnesium Citrate lah, not some drug. Citrate wise for absorption by the body. Helps calm you down and helps in getting deep sleep.  

• Praise 1

On 1/9/2021 at 11:36 AM, Lala81 said:

As you age, your circardian rhythm peak will peak earlier, somewhere around 4-5am. That's why u see as people age, lot of older folks like to come out for morning exercise.

Ideally, u should start sleeping earlier, 8-9pm.

But generally speaking, our circadian rhythms are broadly distributed into 3 categories,
i) Early risers early sleepers
ii) people who prefer to sleep around 12mn or so 
iii) the real night owls.

Those in 1st category will have little problems getting used to ageing patterns. ii) and iii) will find it difficult to cope.

I myself is in the 2nd category. So is my wife.

Me sleep around 2 to 3 am . Took wine to help sleep. Wake up every 2 to 4 hrs . Haiz ... 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Me sleep around 2 to 3 am . Took wine to help sleep. Wake up every 2 to 4 hrs . Haiz ... 

Lot of people take alcohol to sleep. even my mum sometimes.

Alcohol can help u fall asleep because it sedates you. But your brain sleep centers actually aren't putting u to sleep.
But what it does is that it fragments your sleep. U spend a lot of time in light sleep.
Over the years, I've realised that I'm sensitive to this effect.
So i only drink when i meet my friends every 1-2 months.

I used to like my beer and still do, but i already have some problems with sleep, so i don't want to worsen it.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Never been a morning person. Primary school was next to my block and I went late once every few months. Stand at school gate and sing Majulah Singapura. No punishment as long as not late for first lesson.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Angcheek said:

You everyday like this? Next day still can function properly?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kklim said:

Never been a morning person. Primary school was next to my block and I went late once every few months. Stand at school gate and sing Majulah Singapura. No punishment as long as not late for first lesson.

I also never a morning person since young. The only time when i am force to be a morning person was during school, army and go work. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Angcheek said:

Skip the wine, try with the bottle instead 😁

giphy.gif

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Lot of people take alcohol to sleep. even my mum sometimes.

Alcohol can help u fall asleep because it sedates you. But your brain sleep centers actually aren't putting u to sleep.
But what it does is that it fragments your sleep. U spend a lot of time in light sleep.
Over the years, I've realised that I'm sensitive to this effect.
So i only drink when i meet my friends every 1-2 months.

I used to like my beer and still do, but i already have some problems with sleep, so i don't want to worsen it.

Seems like many people have problems with sleep in some ways. 😓

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

You everyday like this? Next day still can function properly?

Morning ... mind abit slow . Need coffee to wakeup 😄 .  Csnt sleep at nite , next day also will become zombie . With wine at least can have light sleep. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2