I am diagnose with another incurable illness

Adrianli

Supercharged
1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Sometimes really dont know what is the reason for triggering those pain on our joint etc. Last year my upper arm also feel painful esp when i bend or stretch up my arm, i also dont remember i have sprained my arm or what. Took many months before the pain goes off. No see doctor, but saw TCM.

yeah man....just dunnow why it hurts....no injuries and no sports impact!! Like they say, wear and team my fren…..

so far, i have encountered 3 areas which i am prone to - elbow (i think is tennis elbow as i used to plan badminton), ankle and, and trigger finger...

my knee hurts when i exert in my run but is a know fact as the dr told me if i want to completely remove the pain is to change my knee...[laugh]..the cartilage is worn..[laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

yeah man....just dunnow why it hurts....no injuries and no sports impact!! Like they say, wear and team my fren…..

so far, i have encountered 3 areas which i am prone to - elbow (i think is tennis elbow as i used to plan badminton), ankle and, and trigger finger...

my knee hurts when i exert in my run but is a know fact as the dr told me if i want to completely remove the pain is to change my knee...[laugh]..the cartilage is worn..[laugh]

I guess for arms pain, could be due to carry heavy stuff or wrong way of carrying things. Or maybe lack of exercising. Lol.

Supercharged
14 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I guess for arms pain, could be due to carry heavy stuff or wrong way of carrying things. Or maybe lack of exercising. Lol.

the elbow i think i know, is badminton and also carrying my kids when I was younger...now feeling the impact of it...[laugh]

when you are younger, feels like you are powderful and can do anything...and chiong ahhhh...now haii...get out of bed also is a big achievement...[laugh]

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Owner-driver said:

During pre-employment medical check-up years back, the company doctor told me. She diagnosed me to be having cancer, as she may unable to detect any cancer. My after-thought now, should had seek legal advice/assistance for such matter.

what does this even mean..

• Haha! 1

Just over 5 months since the H&L injection for my trigger finger, this morning the trigger finger came back!!! Looks like the steroids has wear out. I guess the only option for me now is for hand surgery to remove the ligaments or tendons within that finger. This H&L injection can only be administered twice in one’s lifetime.

Now need to schedule an appointment with the hand surgeon and see what he says. Was given an open date as they believed then that the injection had worked.

• Shocked 2
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Just over 5 months since the H&L injection for my trigger finger, this morning the trigger finger came back!!! Looks like the steroids has wear out. I guess the only option for me now is for hand surgery to remove the ligaments or tendons within that finger. This H&L injection can only be administered twice in one’s lifetime.

Now need to schedule an appointment with the hand surgeon and see what he says. Was given an open date as they believed then that the injection had worked.

Only twice a lifetime...? I vaguely remember need to have at least 6 mths interval between jabs...don't recall only 2 in one's lifetime. Liddat I'm left with one macam Jumanji...😅

• Haha! 2

18 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Only twice a lifetime...? I vaguely remember need to have at least 6 mths interval between jabs...don't recall only 2 in one's lifetime. Liddat I'm left with one macam Jumanji...😅

Yes I remembered it’s twice a year leh.

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

https://www.memc.com.sg/common-questions-about-trigger-finger/

This article did a research and found that more injections, higher chance of recurrence.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3840755/

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Adrianli said:

If to remove the ligaments or tendons within that finger, any impact or long term side effect?

7 hours ago, 13177 said:

If to remove the ligaments or tendons within that finger, any impact or long term side effect?

The previous doctor told me no but the finger will be "loose" and can over flex the finger.

Seen the hand surgeon today. Had 5 laser treatment and after 1 month, finger still the same. Still clicks, swollen and painful. The hand surgeon used an ultrasound to show me the inflammation under the skin at the area of the finger affected. Can see the swollen bump, black patch on the screen and the tendon moving as he moved my finger.

He told me that they have exhausted all treatments available and I am left with surgery. He said, looking at the swelling, the only cure for my finger is surgery. And so I agreed to the surgery. I was given a date next month for the surgery. 

Very nice elderly angmo doctor, soft spoken and very direct.

https://www.sgh.com.sg/patient-care/specialties-services/Hand-Surgery

The down time after surgery for my hand will be 3 to 4 weeks. Jialat, driving will be a challenge. 

Hope this will finally cure my trigger finger. The most painful experience was clenching my fist in the middle of the night in my sleep. Instantly, the pain shocked me awake. Also driving, very painful when shifting gear, grabbing the gear stick. Lucky its automatic gear so not too many gear stick action. Cannot imagine driving a manual gear.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 10
  • Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Seen the hand surgeon today. Had 5 laser treatment and after 1 month, finger still the same. Still clicks, swollen and painful. The hand surgeon used an ultrasound to show me the inflammation under the skin at the area of the finger affected. Can see the swollen bump, black patch on the screen and the tendon moving as he moved my finger.

He told me that they have exhausted all treatments available and I am left with surgery. He said, looking at the swelling, the only cure for my finger is surgery. And so I agreed to the surgery. I was given a date next month for the surgery. 

The down time after surgery for my hand will be 3 to 4 weeks. Jialat, driving will be a challenge. 

Hope this will finally cure my trigger finger. The most painful experience was clenching my fist in the middle of the night in my sleep. Instantly, the pain shocked me awake. Also driving, very painful when shifting gear, grabbing the gear stick. Lucky its automatic gear so not too many gear stick action. Cannot imagine driving a manual gear.

If can, perhaps dun drive till finger has recovered 7788?

U certainly have a high threshold for pain. Trigger finger no joke. 

Take care and stay safe too. 

• Praise 3

17 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

If can, perhaps dun drive till finger has recovered 7788?

U certainly have a high threshold for pain. Trigger finger no joke. 

Take care and stay safe too. 

Yup. Most probably, first week or so will not drive.

Thanks.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

All e best for ur upcoming surgery & speedy recovery...

• Praise 2