Holiday Tips in KK, Sabah

Ooniik

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Will be flying off to KK in June due to Tiger Airways promo... (pay only taxes).

Will be there for 6 days and 5 nites....

Appreciate if anyone can provide with ideas or interesting places to see, visit or do.

Some ideas in hand subject to confirmation.

1. Stay and play golf at Sutera Harbour...

2. Day trip to some island??

Many thanks in advance....

↡ Advertisement

You can go to any of their local tour agency and find out.

While I was there a couple of years ago I went for the river rafting or white water rafting. It's quite an adventure, I think your kids will love it. It takes half a day's of car ride and "roller coaster" train ride to reach the river start point. There are two guides on a raft to assist and guide all the way down river. At one point you can even "free fall"(you get to float down river with the current) down river.

Or you can go to relac at one of their hot springs which I went to after coming down from Mt KK. It's near Mt KK.

Just go to any of their local small tour agency in town. I looked for one run by the local Chinese so that there won't be communication error. They have lots of activity for you to choose, even go nearby island and stuff.IMO it's cheaper to book from there dan in sg. When I last went to Sabah I did not book anything except air tickets.

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bro... [thumbsup]

Mind sharing which hotel you stayed at?

I might need to book hotels beforehand due to the holidays in June but will take up your offer on the local tour agencies there.......

Makes more sense or maybe I can call them up first from here....

Haha... I stay at some motel cos my friends and I spent most of the time outside and even got one nite in the mountains while climbing Mt KK. I suggest you go to their more luxurious hotel since you have kids. I dunno about the hotels there, we just go there and anyhow hoot, see the place we liked and stayed there. [laugh] Our bad habit lah cos we always look for centralized area with supermarket and eating place.

Dun rent a car to drive there. Their TP is no better dan up north's. They ambush near any car rental. Get hotel or tour agency to arrange transport. Taxis are also one kind, must bargain one.

Neutral Newbie

KK has got several nice resorts and hotels like nexus, shangrila tanjung aru, shangrila rasa ria and sutera harbour...

still sourcing around for good deals....

I will be flying there in Apr...

Intend to rough it out with friends, do all the river rafting and cave exploration stuff.

May I ask, if I wana go Sandakan for the wildlife, how to go abt arranging it? From kk need internal flight over?

Also, is there any rafflesia flower there... been wanting to see one for a long time.