Is there room for a MCF lookalike Forum in SG?

Kelpie

Hi all,

MCF claimed to be Singapore No 1. Car Forum and Car Club. Do you think there is room for another strong/stronger player out there? I wonder whether there is an independent review of local car forums too.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Well... register for Hitwise and all will be known.

I think for MCF, there is really a large community here. Furthermore, it has been existing for many years. I think the challenge for most forums is maintaining the synergy and it's not an easy task when new faces appear every now and then... while old faces slowly fade away.

There is definitely room for anything better, as long as the people in there really knows their stuffs and offer advice to the rest.

-Just my $0.005 worth-

With that stupid Mini cars irritating "make you accidentally click on it" ad.... no thank you

I can't help but to agree. The Mini car ad not only is stupid and irritating, it overlays the thread links. When I try to read a thread, I will click on the ad that overflowed onto the rest of the page. MCF owner if you are reading this, earning a profit is one thing, but if it affect the user interface until your members can't stand it, please reconsider having something less fanciful.

Hi all,

MCF claimed to be Singapore No 1. Car Forum and Car Club. Do you think there is room for another strong/stronger player out there? I wonder whether there is an independent review of local car forums too.

Regards,

Look at mocca.com. Classified ads websites are really old idea but this newcomer is more well known than other similar, older sites. Why? cos they put ads on TV, radio, mags, etc.

So it's all about marketing. As long as your marketing is 1st class, anything is possible.

Neutral Newbie

I can't help but to agree. The Mini car ad not only is stupid and irritating, it overlays the thread links. When I try to read a thread, I will click on the ad that overflowed onto the rest of the page. MCF owner if you are reading this, earning a profit is one thing, but if it affect the user interface until your members can't stand it, please reconsider having something less fanciful.

That is so true [thumbsup]

With that stupid Mini cars irritating "make you accidentally click on it" ad.... no thank you

How does the advertisement issue relate to the question Kelpie is asking about? He's asking about the automobile forum "industry"...

There's already another thread to complain about the ad issue.

↡ Advertisement