FC of Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

Scs88

Neutral Newbie

hi guys

anyone has any idea of the average FC of the legacy 2.5GT?

prob 70% HW and 30% urban

or any permutations

just a gauge..

can it use 95 octane petrol?

↡ Advertisement

Hey man,

If you are keen on a LGT, you can join the Subaru legacy forum to find out more - www.subarulegacy.sg

On average the 2.5L LGT in urban driving will give you about 7-8km/L. Some more light footed bros have achieved 9-11km/L.

Personally, I get about 7.5km/L on daily driving. However if I push the car hard, I can go as low as 4-5km/L.

If you are looking for a fuel efficient car, I wouldn't recommend you the LGT. However if you are looking for a good handling and moderately powerful car, yes, the LGT is what you are looking for.

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

tks for prompt reply

i am quite a light footer, hope to be able to hit ?? 10KM/L

is it true that if you dont rev your engine of the GT, ie i usu drive below rpm 3, the engine will build up carbon in the long run and thus damage the engine??

was thinking of getting a LGT but also rather concerned tt the new model is coming out soon, and if so will affect the resale alue of the current LGT greatly...

well it says ron98 on the manual...so we try to stick to it ba...

My frd driving the 2.5 is giving him average 8km/l while me 2.0 drinks like mad...im doing less than 7.

hi guys

anyone has any idea of the average FC of the legacy 2.5GT?

prob 70% HW and 30% urban

or any permutations

just a gauge..

can it use 95 octane petrol?

Use caltex with techron - they have nano men in them helping to clean your engine, pistons, etc. which would help prevent carbon built up which you're concerned about.

At the current price that MI is selling of abt 80+K, it is already much cheaper than most who bought 1 year ago at 100+K. Honestly, Subaru cars are not good for resale value.

For the current model, there are alot of parts and accessories to go for if you are into upgrading. Not forgetting workshops that are familiar with the older models. When a new model is launched, it takes time for workshops to learn about them.

If you are very worried about depreciation, then go for a 2nd hand LGT.

If you are light footed, yes, you can get up to 11km/L. Yes, the FL LGT can take 95ron petrol. However many of us (myself one of them) are using 98ron.

You shouldn't be too worried about carbon build up. Once in a while, bring your car across the border for a good run to clear carbon. It will also allow you to enjoy what the LGT is all about.

Back about 2 years ago, I was trying to figure out what car to buy. I was deciding between the EuroR, Epica, Cefiro, Camry, Lancer EX, Mazda 6. Went for test drives after another. Then one fine day, backside itchy go MI to try out the WRX. Ended up placing an order for the LGT.

Go to the legacy forums to find out more man.

Cheers.

tks for prompt reply

i am quite a light footer, hope to be able to hit ?? 10KM/L

is it true that if you dont rev your engine of the GT, ie i usu drive below rpm 3, the engine will build up carbon in the long run and thus damage the engine??

was thinking of getting a LGT but also rather concerned tt the new model is coming out soon, and if so will affect the resale alue of the current LGT greatly...

When you decide to buy a Legacy GT, means you are looking for power and performance in a car. Please don't drive it like a snail and aim for great consumption like in Shell Economy Rally. It is no point buying this car. 7.5km/L is a reasonable figure to expect from this turbo car. Drive it with a little spirit but of course keep within the law.

Just like buying a 5 room flat and says save electricity, only use 2 rooms, lock the rest.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Legacy 2.5 GT insurance range from $29xx- $50xx (XS $2600)

based on 0% NCD. Age 25- 65yo

Legacy 2.0R non- turbo range from $23xx- $44xx (XS $800)

based on 0% NCD. Age 23- 65yo

above r based on new (AIG) not renewal.

anyway there r no stock for either Legacy models.

Strangely renewal premium is higher than new ownership insurance.

My fren just renewed his 2008 Legacy 2.0R yesterday with outside insurance for $21xx

Higher than last year when he got the car brand new as a first time owner (0% NCD)

(this year with NCD somemore still higher)

Edited by Rawjak

When you decide to buy a Legacy GT, means you are looking for power and performance in a car. Please don't drive it like a snail and aim for great consumption like in Shell Economy Rally. It is no point buying this car. 7.5km/L is a reasonable figure to expect from this turbo car. Drive it with a little spirit but of course keep within the law.

Just like buying a 5 room flat and says save electricity, only use 2 rooms, lock the rest.

To keep it within the law mean at highway 90km/h. Like that means we don't even required a GT car to achieve that.

Those bought GT car is likely to be those going to go against the law but applying rule#7.

Take for example why every now and than we saw WRX on accident? If they keep within the law, how can so many of their accident coming out from the news?

Neutral Newbie

Strangely renewal premium is higher than new ownership insurance.

My fren just renewed his 2008 Legacy 2.0R yesterday with outside insurance for $21xx

Higher than last year when he got the car brand new as a first time owner (0% NCD)

(this year with NCD somemore still higher)

Yes, everyone's having the same issue. It's not because the renewal premiums are higher, it's because insurance premiums have increased year after year. If your friend gets the car now, with 0% NCD, his premiums will be close to $3k.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Agree. No point getting a TC car and drive light-footed. Might as well get a 2L NA sedan that's well-known for good FC with the same price and can get 11km/l easily.

BTW, my bro drives a Forrester 2.5 Turbo, he gets 7-8km/l. If light footed, may get 9km/l. If loot will get only 4-5km/l.

Edited by Dunno

Many ways to drive with spirit "within the law".

Although speed limit is 90km/h, some drivers hog on the fast lane and accelerate so slowly from say 80km/h to 90km/h takes ages.

Spirited driving IMHO means keep up with the flow of traffic, if fast lane does 110km/h you do the same. Traffic light move off briskly.

Those who caused accidents may not be only the fast reckless drivers but some kayu drivers contribute a bulk of these accidents. I had seen many motorist putting out left signal and crawling speed but suddenly make a right turn.

In fact, fast drivers are usually more alert and also have better judgement in their driving. I have sat in some slow driver friend's car. They gave me the impression that they are blur and inability to handle their car well.

Many ways to drive with spirit "within the law".

Although speed limit is 90km/h, some drivers hog on the fast lane and accelerate so slowly from say 80km/h to 90km/h takes ages.

Spirited driving IMHO means keep up with the flow of traffic, if fast lane does 110km/h you do the same. Traffic light move off briskly.

Those who caused accidents may not be only the fast reckless drivers but some kayu drivers contribute a bulk of these accidents. I had seen many motorist putting out left signal and crawling speed but suddenly make a right turn.

In fact, fast drivers are usually more alert and also have better judgement in their driving. I have sat in some slow driver friend's car. They gave me the impression that they are blur and inability to handle their car well.

Ya! Totally agree with the bold above. Really cannot tahan ppl who DONT signal their intentions. Don knw if they are lazy or just take things for granted. Worse are ppl who signal left but turn right. Bloody hell, almost langar into him. Too pissed off to even find out who is behind the wheel.

Actually i feel that most of the drivers who tend to drive more agressively are due to kayu drivers who cant make up their mind, saddle btw 2 lanes, signal or on hazard lights at the last min. [furious]

↡ Advertisement