Dental charges - is it too expensive

Hishercar

I will strongly encourage my child to study dental and b a dentist..huart ar..

Problem study dental not easy le hahaha moreover as parent u need ay high tuition fee

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

u go Marina, sure kana chop chop chop.

i go hdbbeee housing estate clinic, wear until lok lok with slipper. so can bargain. [laugh]

u go Marina, sure kana chop chop chop.

i go hdbbeee housing estate clinic, wear until lok lok with slipper. so can bargain. [laugh]

lol i went in cos the receptionist chio hahaha abit crazy at that moment but end up disappointed cos finger got ring already [bigcry]

finally settled with 1 of the dentist that can accomodate my timing.

Front teeth root canal. S$374

full porcelain crown. S$1070 (there is a cheaper non porcelain at around S$740)

total S$1444 (required 4 session) si bei gui.

but boh pian.....without front teeth (boh gay), during conversation is a big problem and it looks ugly.

I had already done twice root canal/crowning for my lower/upper back tooth few years back. About S$2K plus each.

I was quoted more than 2K from Singapore dentist somewhere in last year for my 1st molar root canal & fill porcelain crown secure using some titanium bolt + cleansing & polishing... Went to 2nd & 3rd dentist and pricing almost the same... In the end, do it at JB for less than 1.8K, thats 70% discount! and best of all, my friend from JB told be that I was overcharged [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] I was like, who cares??? its less than 1/2 I got to pay in SG, so long the workmanship is good and its so much cheaper compare to SG, there is nothing for me to complain...

lol i went in cos the receptionist chio hahaha abit crazy at that moment but end up disappointed cos finger got ring already [bigcry]

nod nod..pretty [gorgeous] dentist assistant is an added bonus. I know clementi central do have one with pretty dentist assistant. Hmmm the one near to the uob. [drivingcar]

nod nod..pretty [gorgeous] dentist assistant is an added bonus. I know clementi central do have one with pretty dentist assistant. Hmmm the one near to the uob. [drivingcar]

but when i open my mouth, i feel i am ugly lol and she stand beside looking at my whole mouth [blush]

Turbocharged

got pretty xmm dentist at rivervale mall.

too bad, her working timing dont suit me.....she works day time.

i only want night time doctor. the night doctor suck...everything $$$$ face.

Internal Moderator

Why not try the polyclinic?

Polyclinic will probably refer you to National Dental. Which you will be put to a super long waiting list.

I wanted to do my root canal at NDC back then, they told me waiting time about 8 months.

End up they didn't call me back at all. :wacko:

And because I felt no pain, I didn't know the significant damage alr done - thought can save the money and don't do.

Just nice I am doing braces now, went for consultation, had X-ray done and sent off to do extraction.

My oral surgeon noticed got black spots on my X-ray - meaning infection.

Chua sai. <_<

Internal Moderator

finally settled with 1 of the dentist that can accomodate my timing.

Front teeth root canal. S$374

full porcelain crown. S$1070 (there is a cheaper non porcelain at around S$740)

total S$1444 (required 4 session) si bei gui.

but boh pian.....without front teeth (boh gay), during conversation is a big problem and it looks ugly.

I had already done twice root canal/crowning for my lower/upper back tooth few years back. About S$2K plus each.

Why you need to do root canal?

You fell down then hurt it or tooth decay?

Turbocharged

my front teeth already decay for more than a year. all along scared to go dentist.

last week, the tooth just broke into half while i was driving. Suddenly felt there is a stone in my mouth.

LL have to go for servicing.

Every time i go to the dentist, it feels like me bringing my car for servicing. weird but it feels about the same.

Prices are also quite similar, about $120 for SAP and $128 for 10k oil change. My car usually last <10yrs but i intend to keep renewing COE for my teeth... cant afford dental overhaul.

If got time maybe I can go JB for dental but quite sceptical about the quality of the work there. Went for dental at KLCC before. Prices about same as Singapore.

Luckily my teeth do not need major servicing or timing belt change.

Internal Moderator

my front teeth already decay for more than a year. all along scared to go dentist.

last week, the tooth just broke into half while i was driving. Suddenly felt there is a stone in my mouth.

LL have to go for servicing.

cannot delay one decay. if spread to the nerve, to the root, will even spread to your jaws and idk where else.

if suddenly broke, means it's damn serious! how you tahan for so long! [rifle]:wacko:

I will strongly encourage my child to study dental and b a dentist..huart ar..

Ask your child to be a periodontist better. One full treatment easily 5 figures :D :D :D

Yes, it's so much more than GP rates, even for local Dentist.

see GP less than 5min, get medicine and MC. :D

dental visit is at least 15-20min. [;)]

Turbocharged

Just went for my routine scaling and polishing at Polyclinic. Damage was $47. Now appointment waiting time is 11months. Knn. Guess I have to go private in-between appointments. Any recommendation on routine scaling polishing around $50 region? If got chio bu dentist or reception also can recommend.

3rd Gear

Just went for my routine scaling and polishing at Polyclinic. Damage was $47. Now appointment waiting time is 11months. Knn. Guess I have to go private in-between appointments. Any recommendation on routine scaling polishing around $50 region? If got chio bu dentist or reception also can recommend.

There is a private dental clinic at the ground level of Block 327 Hougang Ave 5 that charge rather quite close to Polyclinic price but due to this reason, it is very popular and also need to book months ahead [sweatdrop] .

Turbocharged

There is a private dental clinic at the ground level of Block 327 Hougang Ave 5 that charge rather quite close to Polyclinic price but due to this reason, it is very popular and also need to book months ahead [sweatdrop] .

Nice!!

There's a late night dental clinic at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10, BLK 416. That time I drove past 3:30am, still open sial. For those late night owls can try it.

↡ Advertisement