Holux, Shinco and Marbella GPS

Limck007

Neutral Newbie

I'm deciding between the Garmin Nuvi 1350 and Holux 6210T. Was pretty impressed with the Holux 6210T SLA maps. Looks more detailed than the map on the Garmin Nuvi 1350.

Considering that I prefer to have Live Traffic Update, which of the 2 is a better choice?

Garmin: Needs an extra adapter for $79

Holux: Built into that cradle, no wires. Also bigger screen.

How are Papago maps (used in Holux) for Australia? Any better than Gamin Australia Maps?

Agree, Papago's SLA map is the best one in Singapore, much more detailed than garmin's MFM, MSM, Jorome, CityNavigator and SLA's maps.

But papago don't have australia maps, they said they can provide au map, but it is not papago's au map. so in this case, Garmin's au map is better.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Agree, Papago's SLA map is the best one in Singapore, much more detailed than garmin's MFM, MSM, Jorome, CityNavigator and SLA's maps.

But papago don't have australia maps, they said they can provide au map, but it is not papago's au map. so in this case, Garmin's au map is better.

Oh, thanks! I also realised on the East Gear website that they have the SLA map for Garmin. It should be the same as the Papago/Holux one rite?

Neutral Newbie

Oh, thanks! I also realised on the East Gear website that they have the SLA map for Garmin. It should be the same as the Papago/Holux one rite?

No, they are different. Papago's SLA map is better.

Garmin's SLA map is a lot of dots combined with the MFM maps, but papago's SLA map is most detailed and updated one. I can say it is the best GPS maps.

Supercharged

i dun really care abot SG maps... SG is really so small, no need any GPS help......

all i wan is good Msia map and other regional maps......

Neutral Newbie

No, they are different. Papago's SLA map is better.

Garmin's SLA map is a lot of dots combined with the MFM maps, but papago's SLA map is most detailed and updated one. I can say it is the best GPS maps.

Hmm... I'm just trying to decide between Holux 6210T and Nuvi 1350. I prefer Garmin for it's overseas maps and Holux for it's Papago SLA map. I read somewhere that the Papago map for Australia isn't that good.

Neutral Newbie

Hmm... I'm just trying to decide between Holux 6210T and Nuvi 1350. I prefer Garmin for it's overseas maps and Holux for it's Papago SLA map. I read somewhere that the Papago map for Australia isn't that good.

In this case, I recommend you buy this lobang. Information PMed you to avoid Ads here.

Because I have owned one already, fast satellite fix time, and can satisfy all your request and even more, haha. If you use you will definited love it.

In this case, I recommend you buy this lobang. Information PMed you to avoid Ads here.

Because I have owned one already, fast satellite fix time, and can satisfy all your request and even more, haha. If you use you will definited love it.

Bro, can PM me the lobang..thks

Neutral Newbie

Hi!

Please PM me the contact too.

Thank you.

Can pm me too. thank you ^_^

Neutral Newbie

hi, i'm look for a GPS unit too as i seldom drive and need direction to places when ever i drive. i read through abt the various brand and i feel each had it good. but i don't see any one mention about the connection time.

currently i'm using garmin map on my htc diamond 2 phone, but this will greatly kill my phone battery life. and the thing abt GPS on phone is sometime it take a while to set my location and when i serach by road name, sometime it will stop there if you type wrongly (ie, clementi ave, correct should be clementi avenue)

dun wish to spend too much on this, can anyone recom one unit that can does the follow,

/quick fix of location

/easy to use in SG

/accurate or on time information for turning

/easy search

thanks

Neutral Newbie

hi, i'm look for a GPS unit too as i seldom drive and need direction to places when ever i drive. i read through abt the various brand and i feel each had it good. but i don't see any one mention about the connection time.

currently i'm using garmin map on my htc diamond 2 phone, but this will greatly kill my phone battery life. and the thing abt GPS on phone is sometime it take a while to set my location and when i serach by road name, sometime it will stop there if you type wrongly (ie, clementi ave, correct should be clementi avenue)

dun wish to spend too much on this, can anyone recom one unit that can does the follow,

/quick fix of location

/easy to use in SG

/easy search

thanks

/quick fix of location

SiRF Star IV enabled GPS, do not use MTK GPS Chips!!!

/easy to use in SG

Papapgo X3 Singapore Version

Amigo Singapore Map

/easy search

Papago X3 Singapore Version, Predictive QWERT Keyboard

Neutral Newbie

/quick fix of location

/easy to use in SG

/easy search

thanks

i currently using holex 6210+, so far so gd, better than my previous garmin 205w.fix less than 10sec, sg veri eay to us, got junction view, search easy.the bad point is very fast battery(it use nokia battery), custom poi hard tofind

Neutral Newbie

Papago gd in sg, other countries cannot make it

Neutral Newbie

Hey guys, i want to get a gps for my car, i found this tomtom one at http://www.coolasia.net/promos/promotions.html, promotion price 99 bucks,

i heard from some friends saying that tomtom is very popular in euro, but how is it in sg? anyone have any idea about it? can help?

Tomtom is a good product, but in singapore and malaysia, even it is 50 bucks, still wasted because of lousy and out dated maps.

↡ Advertisement