Holux, Shinco and Marbella GPS

Limck007

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

err... why r you guys arguing over SG maps? we need GPS for SG roads? how difficult can SG roads be?

Sorry, i really dun think we need to argue over whatever maps for SG roads.... its redundant. SG roads are way too simple for a GPS....

For an old driver, no need.

For those drivers only drive from home to office and office to home, no need.

But many new drivers come out in Singapore everyday. They need it.

For those new property agents, new taxi drivers, everyday they have to go to new places where they never go. They need it.

Edited by Esmond
↡ Advertisement

For an old driver, no need.

For those drivers only drive from home to office and office to home, no need.

But many new drivers come out in Singapore everyday. They need it.

For those new property agents, new taxi drivers, everyday they have to go to new places where they never go. They need it.

and going to malaysia.. really helps.. :D

Hello all:

We as AND-SUN are settled in Shenzhen ,and would like to introduce ourselves as one of most reliable and competent export trade company in China. Our biggest advantage is arising because of having a rich portfolio of suppliers in China .We want to supply best price.

We export products to USA, Canada,Mexico,Brazil,Spain,UK,Italy,France,Russia,australia, Singapore ,Malaysia ect. Our products has certificate.

Main Products:

Portable GPS Navigation (3.5in, 4.3in, 5in,7in touch screen with blue tooth, )

GPS Tracker (in guarding Vehicle against theft, Protecting child / Elderly / disabled / pet/asset, Managing personnel and Tracking criminals secretly.)

MP3,MP4,MP5 Player

Digital Photo frame

USB Flash Drives

We are informed about your esteemed company and your request products if you are interested ,in order

to be able to submit a healty quotation which will excatly fit your request, we kindly ask you to inform us

about type, properties, size,packing detail and so on .

Iif you have any other request for different item(s) besides the products mentioned above, please do not hesitate to mention so as to give us a change to enrich the frame of our cooperation.

Best regards.

Katty

http://www.andsunhk.com

86 755 27702979

[email protected]

have tried and used no brand, made in china GPS.. sigh... [shakehead]

(edited)

IMHO: best map in SG -> SLA

best in MY -> mfm

best GPS device -> one that can lock fast and reliable

best GPS app -> one that route without problem, got JV, LA, and some other enhanced features....

just back from cameron and realise papago give me routing problems at cameron... however, i had no issue routed fro exit of cameron to KL - royal bintang

hence, i tried using garmin app to guide me out of KL... no LA, JV.. give me problems.... due to the highway / expressway in KL [:(]

A motorcyclist almost bang to my left side cos i was in the turning lane which i suppose to go straight... (no LA, JV)

so... in this scenario, which GPS software is good?? [laugh]

Edited by Itsec

Neutral Newbie

IMHO: best map in SG -> SLA

best in MY -> mfm

best GPS device -> one that can lock fast and reliable

best GPS app -> one that route without problem, got JV, LA, and some other enhanced features....

just back from cameron and realise papago give me routing problems at cameron... however, i had no issue routed fro exit of cameron to KL - royal bintang

hence, i tried using garmin app to guide me out of KL... no LA, JV.. give me problems.... due to the highway / expressway in KL [:(]

A motorcyclist almost bang to my left side cos i was in the turning lane which i suppose to go straight... (no LA, JV)

so... in this scenario, which GPS software is good?? [laugh]

Good for you! useful information. it seems that there is no best software. papago and garmin is by far the better two.

Good for you! useful information. it seems that there is no best software. papago and garmin is by far the better two.

despite u upgrade to the latest papago for me.. but it doesnt helps... [:p] and it hung the application... despite reset it...

so lucky i upgrade the map to the latest ending with a letter 'a' and it will allow me to reset and get back to papago gps.. i guess there's serious issue with the mfm map on carmeron... <_<

Neutral Newbie

err... why r you guys arguing over SG maps? we need GPS for SG roads? how difficult can SG roads be?

Sorry, i really dun think we need to argue over whatever maps for SG roads.... its redundant. SG roads are way too simple for a GPS....

For me, it's not really for directions. The thing I find really useful is the Live Traffic Updates. Really helps me to avoid jams.

have tried and used no brand, made in china GPS.. sigh... [shakehead]

mine also made in china gps.. get from gpssg... so far so good leh.. *touch wood*

had been endure hours of driving @NSHW under the hot sun...

most impt .. there must be local support in terms of maps or devices..

can my version of garmin software upgrade with LA / JV ???

Neutral Newbie

mine also made in china gps.. get from gpssg... so far so good leh.. *touch wood*

had been endure hours of driving @NSHW under the hot sun...

most impt .. there must be local support in terms of maps or devices..

Shake hands, I also bought one EB5002B from gpssg @ S$230, learns a lot from my EB5002B, made in China also. In fact garmin device are also made in Shenzhen China, despite it is labeled "Made in Taiwan". So far so good [thumbsup], I like the street directory map inside, so clear and familiar.

Neutral Newbie

can my version of garmin software upgrade with LA / JV ???

I think only the nuvi 2x5W can upgrade with LA / JV.

Tom Tom and Magellan are popular brands in both sides of the Atlantic even though Garmin is still the leading brand there. However, beyond these two places, Tom Tom and Magellan are not popular at all due to the lack of good and detailed maps of other parts of the world. A good brand must have good map support of almost every country in the world which is precisely why Garmin is no. 1 brand in the world. Do not buy brand a GPS just because it is cheap. You will regret later when you found out map support is lacking. I wouldn't want a Tom Tom or Magellan even if it is given to me free. It is as good as useless if I can't find a good map of Sg and My to work on it.

For Garmin, apart from MFM and MSM, can we get free maps for other countries? or must buy from Garmin?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

For Garmin, apart from MFM and MSM, can we get free maps for other countries? or must buy from Garmin?

Indonesia has the free garmin map called navigasi, now the version is 1.72. other countries like au, uk, usa and others seems no free garmin map.

http://www.navigasi.net/goptd.php for indonesia free map.

http://www.phing.com/listing/39572 for other countries cheap garmin map.

Edited by Esmond
↡ Advertisement