Holux, Shinco and Marbella GPS

Limck007

Supercharged

Thanks.

How do i get the model to be localised then?? [sly] [sly] any 'ahem' way of doing it?

Anyway, ppl always talk about east gear... i happen to look thru Garmin webite.... east gear is not their dealer nor retailer....

so how did east gear often comes into pic?

is it coz they offer one of lowest prices for garmin stuff?

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/sg/c...D82D29D1DEC46AA

↡ Advertisement

Thanks.

How do i get the model to be localised then?? [sly] [sly] any 'ahem' way of doing it?

Anyway, ppl always talk about east gear... i happen to look thru Garmin webite.... east gear is not their dealer nor retailer....

so how did east gear often comes into pic?

is it coz they offer one of lowest prices for garmin stuff?

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/sg/c...D82D29D1DEC46AA

Although there are ways to mod your set to a localised one but it is not sanctioned by Garmin and is illegal. Unless you are know how to do it correctly, you run the risk of your set becoming an expensive paperweight if you do it wrongly. Besides, it will void your warranty by modding it. Eastgear is a parallel importer, if I am not wrong.

Whichever GPS u buy, wat matters most to me is about the map updates. Imagine u pay less for a GPS unit but every map update cost u $20. Then if u buy the a bit more expensive unit, got free map updates. I would definitely go for the free maps.

Tis happens to me cas few mths back, i borrowed my fren's GPS where map update wil cost u money. He bought the GPS early of 2009. Borrowed cos i need to go up north. Best part when on the way to mersing, i saw the arrow(which is me) going on a blank place instead of a road. Tis is due to map not updated. Immediately after returning my fren's GPS, i got one with free map updates. And now i can travel up north or even here in peace.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Hi, I just bought Holux 6210 , but when i insert the micro SD card into it with mwv and jpg file, but still cannot see video and pics leh...but mp3 songs can play leh...can advise anyone??

Hi Hi, I just bought Holux 6210 , but when i insert the micro SD card into it with mwv and jpg file, but still cannot see video and pics leh...but mp3 songs can play leh...can advise anyone??

go back to the shop you bought from

drove up to KL weeks ago and used garmin GPS. it was very good. from PJ to Pulau Indah (Klang) and Ampang Jaya, all very good.

most of the gps devices have no issue navigated thru highway.... navigation in KL is one of the most challenging.... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

most of the gps devices have no issue navigated thru highway.... navigation in KL is one of the most challenging.... [:p]

Which gps device is the best for navigating in KL since it is the most challenging? [;)]

Which gps device is the best for navigating in KL since it is the most challenging? [;)]

no best GPS device.. so long meet the spec... anyone can do the job.... the popular ones goes to those with great map support.. like garmin and papago (using mfm, malsing maps)

external antenna is preferred.... in the heart of KL, where hotels and high rise buildings are... the device tends to lose signal, with the complication of KL roads.. make it hard for u to drive around...

however, if u browse thru the hardwarezone mag, the best to lock on signal is shinco (mapking LM), map outlook and detail goes to holux (papago)

I have shinco and papago driven GPS device... and i agree with HWZ.. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Get Garmin, good and accurate with free map updates.

Is Garmin model 1250 at $199, comes with junction view and lane assist worth it? This looks like a good bargain.

Neutral Newbie

I'm planning to get a Garmin but not sure if it's better to get from NaviCom or East Gear.

Does anyone know the difference getting from either one?

I'm planning to get a Garmin but not sure if it's better to get from NaviCom or East Gear.

Does anyone know the difference getting from either one?

Navicom is our local agent for Garmin,,,,,,Eastgear is parallel importer... [:p]

↡ Advertisement