Holux, Shinco and Marbella GPS

Limck007

Regarding Holux 6210, whenever, I key in the postal code, there will be a few locations coming out for my selection with the same address. I suspect that only one of them is correct. however, how would we know which one is the correct one?

I suspect that I often gone to the wrong place with this GPS is because I selected the wrong option.

Kindly advise..thx

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Regarding Holux 6210, whenever, I key in the postal code, there will be a few locations coming out for my selection with the same address. I suspect that only one of them is correct. however, how would we know which one is the correct one?

I suspect that I often gone to the wrong place with this GPS is because I selected the wrong option.

Kindly advise..thx

That is because, there are a few places share the same post code. You can check on the map, if they point to the same building, then no problem at all, choose any one will do.

despite u upgrade to the latest papago for me.. but it doesnt helps... [:p] and it hung the application... despite reset it...

so lucky i upgrade the map to the latest ending with a letter 'a' and it will allow me to reset and get back to papago gps.. i guess there's serious issue with the mfm map on carmeron... <_<

it should be due to that version of the map. most of time i just revert back to the previous version.

I think only the nuvi 2x5W can upgrade with LA / JV.

255W supports LA/JV.

205W is unable display LA/JV since sometime in 2009 with a certain MSM map version onwards. But I don't missed it as the new map recalculates faster and of course, most up to date

(I am using the 3 years old 205W now. Solid reliable performer)

(edited)

For Garmin, apart from MFM and MSM, can we get free maps for other countries? or must buy from Garmin?

Indonesia has the free garmin map called navigasi, now the version is 1.72. other countries like au, uk, usa and others seems no free garmin map.

http://www.navigasi.net/goptd.php for indonesia free map.

http://www.phing.com/listing/39572 for other countries cheap garmin map.

There are tons of free maps for Garmin devices if you know where to look for. Most of these are open source maps - some routable, some not - and there are also others created by others on their own website. All these free maps are compiled using reversed engineered Garmin compiler. Google around and you can find official Garmin and third party maps for Garmin of virtually every country in the world. This is one of them:

http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php

Edited by Redstorm

Neutral Newbie

What is the car pc ? in principle a car computer is nothing else than the pc you have sitting on your desktop at home,but it will be more compact, need lesser power and has some partially customized components .it will sure take the place of car DVD

Car pc has the following functions,first,wireless internet.with a car pc going online is easy,flexible, and affordable,you can chat through msn, check sock trading information,or check wheather prediction etc, and it has softkeyboard for much easier operate

Secondly, bluetooth enabled. Bluetooth dial up function,once there is phone,there is internet.also if you forget your mobile phone,you can use it as your phone,and don

Neutral Newbie

i am thinking of getting a gps too. i went challengers, saw holux 62F being the cheapest at $239, 5', 2GB. any bad things about this gps ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I just returned back from Kuantan using my Holux 62F, everything works fine for me. The rerouting is pretty fast. However the cold start up is a bit slow as it take about 4 mins and the device is hot after using for some time. However if it is placed inside the car there should not be a problem (I use for about 5 hrs from Kuntan to Singapore) For Singapore map free update for 2 yrs and Malaysia map free update according to East Gear. Check under hardware zone and there are lots of feedback (good and bad things) [:p]