Holux, Shinco and Marbella GPS

Limck007

ask her to go to garmin official website and download garmin software update downloader. then from there search for her garmin model and find the latest firmware, click install. remember during installation, please do not off the gps, else you will brick the gps set...hence ensure sufficient battery on the set.

↡ Advertisement

ask her to go to garmin official website and download garmin software update downloader. then from there search for her garmin model and find the latest firmware, click install. remember during installation, please do not off the gps, else you will brick the gps set...hence ensure sufficient battery on the set.

==============

Wah u veli experienced hor. [thumbsup]

Thanks for the info.

Neutral Newbie

I got my Marbella M550 plus last Nov in Sitex show <_< . The big complain is the after service [mad] . The support telephone line is always no answer and swing you to a voice mail telling you that the mailbox is full :huh: . Tried emailing them but never got a reply. I email them in Nov and still now in end Jan, no reply :wacko: . The manual given is very short and does not fully explain features of the equipment. I ever email Garmin and the response is good. I should have purchase Garmin on the show, at least they are able to cope with their sales volume that they are selling.

Neutral Newbie

I got my Marbella M550 plus last Nov in Sitex show <_< . The big complain is the after service [mad] . The support telephone line is always no answer and swing you to a voice mail telling you that the mailbox is full :huh: . Tried emailing them but never got a reply. I email them in Nov and still now in end Jan, no reply :wacko: . The manual given is very short and does not fully explain features of the equipment. I ever email Garmin and the response is good. I should have purchase Garmin on the show, at least they are able to cope with their sales volume that they are selling.

Neutral Newbie

Can we load other country maps into the Holux 6210T? (Eg. Australia/UK/US?)

I checked the East Gear website and they have the Holux 6210 at $359 and the 6210T (with Live Feed) at $459. What's the difference between these 2? Just the Live Feed or are there more differences?

I'm deciding whether to get the Garmin Nuvi 1460 or the Holux 6210T...

i dun mind that yr friend gives it to me... i will take good care of it... [:p]

==============

She want to give to me but I didnt take cos I already have 1.

If I take, I must give some good "service" in return. [rolleyes]

I know of a big Singh who also got 1 to give away. U want? [sly]

Neutral Newbie

hmm everytime i call Marbella, only a few tries then got people answer liao..

did u call using lunch hours (12 to 2)??

i usually call around 4pm, sure got people answers

Supercharged

Singh? can, bro....

i give him a new cloth for his turban.... how long he wants? cotton material can? cotton is good... cooling on the head...

let me know... thanks.

Can we load other country maps into the Holux 6210T? (Eg. Australia/UK/US?)

I checked the East Gear website and they have the Holux 6210 at $359 and the 6210T (with Live Feed) at $459. What's the difference between these 2? Just the Live Feed or are there more differences?

I'm deciding whether to get the Garmin Nuvi 1460 or the Holux 6210T...

Holux KNS.

Few times kana go to wrong location. One example like, trying to go the Jurong country club, can't find the name in the searcn directory. Need to use postal code instead. When near Jorong expressway, guide me travel forward till Tuas instead and make a U-turn. After that, when reaching back again to Jurong expressway (opposite lane) for existing, the GPS told me that I have reach my destination. In actually fact, the country club is another 2 to 3 traffic light away from the expressway exist.

Does anyone face the same problem?

how come no one talked abt Tibo? i always see ESSO stations selling them...

any one knows anything abt Tibo?

Tibo is a S Korean product and my ex-colleague had one. Lousy product and map details is nowhere comparable to Garmin and the customer support is lacking. As far as I know, the best brand in the market is still Garmin and the best value for money GPS device currently is the Garmin 255W (localised version). I always advocate Garmin because they are the best not just in this region but also in the world as they are the only brand that have maps of virtually every country of the world. Even brands like Tom Tom and Magellan, which are very popular on both sides of the Atlantic, are no where compared to Garmin as they lack the map support for other parts of the world. Besides, no other brands have web communities creating 3rd party maps for Garmin devices. In Sg and My, you have malsingmaps and mafreemaps. Ditto for Philippines and Indonesia. These third party maps are even better than the original Garmin map of the respective country and best of all, it is free! Of course, some may argue that Holux, Shinco, Papago devices are just as good or even better but most users of these devices are not aware of even the maps from these brands are created by malsingmap and malfreemaps. These two web communities' primary aim is to create maps for Garmin and maps for other brands are just their secondary roles. Another important point to note is that Holux, Shinco, Papago are brands that are not universally known and have maps of only this region and perhaps Asia but not beyond. It is extremely difficult to buy maps, let alone free one, of countries in other part of the world for these brands. For Garmin, if you know where to look for, u can even find free maps of many parts of the world - some routable and some not.

For anyone who knows next to nothing about GPS devices and is embarking on his first purchase of such a device, do not plunge into it straightaway. Read more into it before deciding on the particular brand to buy. Most newbie made the common mistake of buying one basing one price (cheap in most cases) and loads of bells and whistle. Most features are good to have but not need to have. The deciding factor, when buying a GPS device, which many overlooked or are ignorant about it, is the map - how detail it is, whether free or not after a certain period of promised free uploading of new map, etc. If you buy a Garmin device, the device will come with Garmin City Navigator map of Malaysia and Singapore and MSM NT map of Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei. These maps can be updated free via MSM whenever there is a new release but the Garmin CN map is free only for 2 subsequent update, if I remember correctly. Besides, you can download and install the MSM (gpsmapper version) and MFM maps forever free and their maps are updated every week!!! You can't beat this!!! For updated and most detailed maps of My, Sg and Bru (even Southern Thailand for MFM), no maps, including Garmin's official map, can beat the free MSM and MFM maps. So, Garmin is the way to go!!!

always buy a Garmin .... :)

Anyway, I have one 205W for sale, $199 only. pm me if interested.

Btw what's the diff bet 200W and your model?

Holux KNS.

Few times kana go to wrong location. One example like, trying to go the Jurong country club, can't find the name in the searcn directory. Need to use postal code instead. When near Jorong expressway, guide me travel forward till Tuas instead and make a U-turn. After that, when reaching back again to Jurong expressway (opposite lane) for existing, the GPS told me that I have reach my destination. In actually fact, the country club is another 2 to 3 traffic light away from the expressway exist.

Does anyone face the same problem?

This sounds like map problem. which map are u using? probably u want to change other maps

This sounds like map problem. which map are u using? probably u want to change other maps

the SLA map. Somemore have already updated to the latest rev

Edited by Axela72

It's a map routing problem.

Can give the exact location on where you are and where you are going ?

Maybe the gps coords?

It's definitely a map problem and unless the problem is fixed in the next update, he will probably have to live with it. Another thing is whether there is a channel for customer to feedback to the company on any routing error so that they could fix it. I dun think other brands have the advantage of having a few versions of Sg and My maps like Garmin. I dun like to sound like a broken record, but with my Garmin, I have 5 versions of Sg, My and Bru map with me - the Garmin CN map of Sg, My and Bru and MSM NT map of Sg, My and Bru in my Nuvi 765 main memory and MFM map of Sg, My, Bru and Southern Thailand , MSM sgpsmapper version of Sg, My and Bru and Jerome's map of Sg and Johor in seperate SD cards. When I was last at Melaka, there was some routing problem with one map and promptly switched to another map. With other brands, you don't have this luxury.

↡ Advertisement