Jurong Island speedtraps

Zizou

just to highlight TP ops on this island are becoming very common these days.

have seen them on consecutive days (and thanks too to the helpful lorry driver from the other direction) [lipsrsealed]

while colleagues complain not noticing them till too late.

4 lanes of highway, nice long stretch as far as the eyes can see, but speed limit of 70kmh.

be careful.

↡ Advertisement

What time of the day did you see the speed traps? I think they would not set up any during peak hours...

Although 4 lane but road condition quite bad, very bumpy.

Soon they will be bringing in speed camera, I hear this from JTC personnel.

Neutral Newbie
[drivingcar] Once I saw them along the center road divider between the JI checkpoint / SRC and at the bus stop of both side at Rotary IMC. [sweatdrop] Lately cannot see, maybe hiding behind some trees or bushes. [lipsrsealed][thumbsdown]

Neutral Newbie

Saw them too yesterday at 130pm on my way out towards the checkpoint. I was travelling around 75-80 at that time, didn't see them till 100m away, hope will not kenna [sweatdrop]

And yeah, I agree that speed traps is becoming very frequent in Jurong Island, especially before or after lunch time.

Turbocharged

Saw them too yesterday at 130pm on my way out towards the checkpoint. I was travelling around 75-80 at that time, didn't see them till 100m away, hope will not kenna [sweatdrop]

And yeah, I agree that speed traps is becoming very frequent in Jurong Island, especially before or after lunch time.

i go there once in a while to see clients. Kanna once, even when we spotted them about 100m away and slowed down. TP waved us to the side. We pleaded. TP guy said no use slowing down. They picked up our speed when we were 1km away! Is that possible?

But the highways are quite curvy, where to find 1km of straight road to capture you? Unless its at the bridge where the road are straight?

Neutral Newbie

I kana fine twice already. Aiya, whenever there are some accident happen, you will see the TP catching speeding. They always stationed at the straight road where the chances the car will exceed speed limit. The TP just shoot enough quota so that they can answer that action taken.

They are not solving the problem as they are not station at the area where accident happened most offen. [thumbsdown]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

But the highways are quite curvy, where to find 1km of straight road to capture you? Unless its at the bridge where the road are straight?

Yes, just after the check point. For a 2L car like mine, by the time my car pick up to 5th gear, it about 90km/h. Just nice, they are waiting in front of you. sick man! [shakehead]

Also at night after 8pm, when you are going home crossing the bridge, they are waiting at the check point with their speed gun welcome you!

Edited by Funkyjazz

Since they have so much free time to catch pple speeding, y dun they go and catch road hoggers or those commercial vehicles along lane 2 which r traveling at a slow speed???!!!!

A total waste of resources!

Seriously who goes Jurong Island and speed ah? I rather go somewhere nearer than that hint hint.. very straight one. I rather they camp along AYE towards tuas to catch speeding prime movers.

I kana fine twice already. Aiya, whenever there are some accident happen, you will see the TP catching speeding. They always stationed at the straight road where the chances the car will exceed speed limit. The TP just shoot enough quota so that they can answer that action taken.

They are not solving the problem as they are not station at the area where accident happened most offen. [thumbsdown]

hmm...twice in how many years? I can never go slow on JI highway...its a habit. [lipsrsealed]

Seriously who goes Jurong Island and speed ah? I rather go somewhere nearer than that hint hint.. very straight one. I rather they camp along AYE towards tuas to catch speeding prime movers.

Those who work there.

Neutral Newbie

70? Can die of boredom...more like twice that. [lipsrsealed]

hehe not so loud la bro....i onli ride bike mah...those big lorry keep pushin me from behind....so i siam more forward la hehe

↡ Advertisement