Phone calls from Time-share related trading company

Anyone received a phone call from Realty Board Development.(does sound as if they like HDB isn't it?). Claimed that they can help to get back the money invested. Located at Jln Tras, Tanjong Pagar. Received so many such calls, sick of it. Haiz, was naive those days to fall into the trick of timeshare scam.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

To prevent phone scams, whether from bank, insurance company, time-share company, ERA, lucky draw company...I dun even wan to hear or entertain them or ask them how come they had my hp no. My immediate ans is," Sorry, not interested." ...n off my hp.

I dun believe in calling me to tell me I win big prizes or tell me got good deals.

Scams r all over, we mus know how to protect ourselves. CAD not so free to interfere time-share scams cos it's an agreement signed by both parties...but I tink the 3 days cooling period had not helped alot of pp, maybe gahment shd increase to 7days, IMO.

Tell them, that so and so jsut passed away and if they want to donate any $$$ for the funeral...

Anyone received a phone call from Realty Board Development.(does sound as if they like HDB isn't it?). Claimed that they can help to get back the money invested. Located at Jln Tras, Tanjong Pagar. Received so many such calls, sick of it. Haiz, was naive those days to fall into the trick of timeshare scam.

i will usually tell them i have sold the scheme, they will stop asking [nod]

today i also received a call from a china woman speaking in mandarin telling me she needs some of my time. she said she from sentosa dunno wat fuk...anyway i just hang up.

Twincharged
(edited)

today i also received a call from a china woman speaking in mandarin telling me she needs some of my time. she said she from sentosa dunno wat fuk...anyway i just hang up.

me too !! me too !! this afternoon ard 4-5pm.

she called up and then told me she was from dunno what company and ask me if she can take some of my time for 2 questions ... i just replied saying i was busy and the said "bye bye !" [laugh]

Edited by Ysc3

tell them you are jobless, bankrupt, or really keen, ask them how much.. and most likely they hang up the phone faster than you can say bye bye

Twincharged

i wonder what is up their sleeves this time ?? last time is they ask you to buy timeshare; but now is they want to "help" you to sell ?? so what is the ploy now ?

2 china girl call me past few months..

1st qn they ask me.."xian shen ni hui jiang hua yi mah?"..

I answer "Wo bu hui jiang hua yi"

these 2 girls stll can say "dui bu qi"..

I ans "bu yong jing"..

then they hang up..

xiao...

Neutral Newbie

1st qn they ask me.."xian shen ni hui jiang hua yi(yu) mah?"..

I answer "Wo bu hui jiang hua yi(yu)"

I ans "bu yong jing(shd be bu ke qi)"..

then they hang up..

xiao...

Haha ur "hua yi" really no gd...let me correct them...jus for fun hor...dun b angry ah....

I've been to a few of them. At the end of the days no matter whatever tricks that they use on you is all about money. They may tell you initially no money involvement and things like that. But, the trick is you have to 1st come out with money then they will repay you back by stages. Some of the common methods used are:

a) Keep you waiting eagerly to check against their database whether your timeshare is on the wanted list

b) If in, whether it is "legally" registered, usually "no " one and start telling you that they will buy back with their own pockets but ask you to pay legal fees lah plus $X "investment".

c) They will show records of success cases lah but I don't fall prey this time.

It is a complete waste of time, don't go. There is no free lunch in this world. The only way to get rid of them is to give it FOC to your friends who can afford to go holidaying in "exotic" ulu places or to pay around 10K to get a lawyer to write them off for you.

The problem with SG is, they are still not tough enough on those time-share and related compaines. In Taiwan, their govt forced them to cough out the money back to the customers.

Regards,

I tell them that they have the sweetest voice (and it was very true in one case!) and then proceed to ask them for their phone number and whether they are free for a drink and later on, sex.

They always hang up.....what am I doing wrong? [smallcry]

I tell them that they have the sweetest voice (and it was very true in one case!) and then proceed to ask them for their phone number and whether they are free for a drink and later on, sex.

They always hang up.....what am I doing wrong? [smallcry]

yes, u did a wrong move. in fact u just ask :xiao jie, ni yi wan duo shao qian? [lipsrsealed]

I answer "Wo bu hui jiang hua yi"

I ans "bu yong jing"..

then they hang up..

xiao...

you are very kind...

for me..

gad:" sorry, dun understand' and I hang up.... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement