Serious weapon: Barrett M107 .50 Caliber sniper rifle

Darth_mel

(edited)

Wah lau, this is really tok-gong man....no need to c*ck some more.

Edited by Darth_mel
↡ Advertisement

For those hard core warrior...they perfer pistol over semi automatic pistol...for one simple. Reliabllity.

Auto may jam....manual cocking will not jam...

But having a auto is good...cos you can just pump lead down range without taking your aim off.....impressive calibre and range.

For those hard core warrior...they perfer pistol over semi automatic pistol...for one simple. Reliabllity.

Auto may jam....manual cocking will not jam...

But having a auto is good...cos you can just pump lead down range without taking your aim off.....impressive calibre and range.

To use a sniper and pump lead continuously means u failed in your mission [sweatdrop]

These .50cal snipers are good for taking down heli especially near landing points [thumbsup]

most snipers ppl prefer bolt action rifles cos lesser recoil due to fewer moving parts since there is no rechambering....which is still true...

err....bolt action rifle has more recoil than other auto rifles. Ask any sniper you know, and they will tell you after shooting the Steyr SSG continuously for a few days, their shoulder will get swollen

funny....many articles i read said that bolt action rifles are still the popular choice among many ppl compared to semi autos... i quote "a bolt-action rifle is cheaper to build and maintain, more reliable and accurate, and lighter; this is due to fewer moving parts in the mechanism. In addition, the lack of an external magazine allows for more versatile fire-positioning and manual case ejection allows for greater discretion"

Btw anyone knows where is our sniper unit located ?

This vocation very elusive leh. Never heard anyone mention they are from sniper unit in my whole life.

Must sign NDA is it ?

(edited)

Btw anyone knows where is our sniper unit located ?

This vocation very elusive leh. Never heard anyone mention they are from sniper unit in my whole life.

Must sign NDA is it ?

wow...then i will be the first lor

I have shot with 3 different sniper rifles in my NS life

my shoulder never swollen because not much meat there, it turns red only...after a few ICT will be able to get used to the recoil/pain already.

Edited by Kwchan

When a round is fired in a auto rifle, some air will be used to rechamber a new round, and probably 60-70% will be required to push out the projectile. And in these rifle, there is some spring (I don't know what is it called) in the butt which also helps to cushion the recoil. This is why rifles like M16 and SAR21 have little recoil.

Bolt action rifles which Sniper use, 100% of the air is used to fire out the projectile, so the recoil in a way is very strong. good thing about bolt action rifle is that as all the air is push out of the barrel, technically the sniper dont need to clean the rifle as there is no black soot remaining in the rifle unlike those M16 or SAR21. Sniper rifle mechanism may be simpler, but as snipers demand highly precision shots, the rifle needs to be stable, and the heavier is it, there is more accuracy due to the stability.

Not only that, sniper rifle uses different kind of rounds to assualt rifles, Snipers rifles have to use Match Round (My sniper fren told me SAF have to import such rounds from Finland) not the ordinary 5.56 or 7.63 round. apparently, Match rounds are more consistent, but at the same time, also heavier.

Wah lau, this is really tok-gong man....no need to c*ck some more.

This weapon has been in service for at least 6 years now. And we do have a sniper unit.

When a round is fired in a auto rifle, some air will be used to rechamber a new round, and probably 60-70% will be required to push out the projectile. And in these rifle, there is some spring (I don't know what is it called) in the butt which also helps to cushion the recoil. This is why rifles like M16 and SAR21 have little recoil.

Its known as a buffer spring.

err...there is no sniper unit.

All snipers are under command of brigade commander. If battlion needs snipers, brigade will attach the snipers to them.

err...there is no sniper unit.

All snipers are under command of brigade commander. If battlion needs snipers, brigade will attach the snipers to them.

And we don't have a infantry, arty,armor, guards unit. All are outsourced. Our Navy and Airforce will be next. [shakehead]