Mycarforum Faq For Newbies

Laserjet

Neutral Newbie

Please also read MCF Rules & Guidelines, Signature Guidelines, Avatar Guidelines, Guide to Point System

Β 

What is MCF?

MCF stands for MyCarForum

Why can’t I start a topic?

Users with less than 10 posts will be unable to start new topics. You will only be able to reply to others.

Β 

What if I really have the need to start a new topic?

You may try to do so by posting your discussion here : Newbies, post ur questions/request here

If the moderators deem the discussion as necessary for a new topic, we will create a new topic for it.

Why can’t I post more replies after 5 posts?

Users with less than 10 posts will be unable to do more than 5 postings within a 24 hours time frame.

How does the ranking for MCF members work?

We reward members who actively participate in the forum by awarding them higher ranks. Ranks are tied to the number of points accumulated by the member.

Β 

Neutral NewbieΒ  0 points

Clutched Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  > 25 points

1st Gear Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β > 50 points

2nd Gear Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  > 100 points

3rd Gear Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β > 250 points

4th Gear Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β > 500 points

5th Gear Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β > 1,000 points

6th gear Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  > 2,500 points

Supercharged Β  Β  > 5,000 points

Turbocharged Β  Β  > 7,500 points

NOS-ed Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β > 15,000 points

2Fast2Furious Β  Β  > 25,000 points

Β 

What benefits do i get from a higher ranking

Apart from being recognized as a forum β€˜regular’ member, you will have more power with a higher rank. Power is the daily amount of points you have available to award/deduct via the praise/dislike button. You will also be able to post more items in our Marketplace as your rank gets higher.

Can I add a standard signature to my posts?

Yes you can. Simply do the following :
1) mouse-over your username on the top right hand corner
2) click on "settings"

3) click on the "signature" tab

Why is my signature removed?
If your signature has been removed, it probably does not adhere to our Signature Guidelines. Please read before putting up your signature.

Why is my post deleted?

If your post has been deleted, if could be because it has violated some forum guidelines.

What do I do if I lost my username and/or password?

If you have lost your username and/or password, you can do a request via here.

Is registration required?

Registration is not required to view most of the forum content. However, there may be areas that are restricted only to members. Non-members are also not allowed to participate in discussions. Registration is free. To sign up, please click here.

Can I post my used items for sale?

If you are a direct owner and have used items for sale, you can post your items at our Marketplace section. Please read the Ad Posting Guidelines before posting your items.

Is there any a charge or fee payable to post items at Marketplace?

There will not be any charges or fee involved for posting of used items if you are a direct owner. It is a special privilege for all our members. However, if you are posting your items for commercial purposes, you are required to sign up a Merchant Account.

I am a merchant. How can I advertise my products/services to mycarforum members?

To advertise your products/services, you will have to sign up to be a sponsor, else your posts will be deleted, and your account banned. How to become a sponsor.
Alternatively, you can advertise your products/services in the Market place section. To advertise, please contact us.

I would like to organize a group buy in MCF. How should I go about doing it?

Group buys are only allowed to be conducted by forum sponsors. How to become a sponsor

How do I insert images into my posting?

There are 2 ways to insert images. The 1st way is to link it to an image hosted on another website. The 2nd way is to attach the file into MyCarForum from your computer.

The below screenshots shows you where the buttons are.
post-20148-0-22452500-1383991562_thumb.png

How can I view new posts since my last visit?

There are 2 very useful buttons in Mycarforum that will be beneficial to frequent users. They will allow you to find out what are the new posts since your last visit, as well as to find out if anyone has replied to your posts.
post-20148-0-33065300-1383991567_thumb.png

How does the warning system work?

Members that violate the forum rules will get a warning. This warning is symbolised by a yellow card. Once 3 yellow cards are accumulated, an automatic ban will be imposed on the member. However, for serious violations of forum rules, an immediate ban may be issued.

I’ve just gotten a yellow warning card how long will it stay?

Warnings will expire 6 months from the date of issue of the most recent one.
eg, if you get a yellow card in Jan, and another in Mar, both the yellow cards will only expire in Sept.
Bans are permanent.

I have seen a few discussions on MCF mega meetups. Is there a fixed day of the year for mega meetups?

There is currently no fixed day of the year for MCF mega meetups. However, for latest meet-up activities in the forums, you can keep yourself updated in the Meetups folder.

Please also read MCF Rules & Guidelines, Signature Guidelines, Avatar Guidelines, Guide to Point System

↑ Advertisement

Thnks Admin.....Good job policing and responding to the REPORTED posts that I forward you to.

Β 

Β 

I've got a question about email notifications.

Β 

Before the recent MCF forum "renovation", I used to receive email notifications if someone replies to a post I put up in any thread (whether or not it's started by me).

Β 

But now, I don't get them. I tried going through "my controls" and looking for settings that'll turn that on, but don't seem to have any. I checked everything in "Email Settings", but it doesn't have the required effect.

Β 

Is that function still available?

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Β 

Try going to "My Controls" > "Email Settings".

Tick "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?".

Β 

This way, you will receive emails whenever someone replies to a post you put up in any thread (whether or not it's started by you).

Β 

I would advise you to choose "delayed email notification" to prevent your mailbox from being flooded.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Hi,

Β 

Try going to "My Controls" > "Email Settings".

Tick "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?".

Β 

This way, you will receive emails whenever someone replies to a post you put up in any thread (whether or not it's started by you).

Β 

I would advise you to choose "delayed email notification" to prevent your mailbox from being flooded.

Β 

Β 

I got the email notifications to work. Thanks!

Β 

However, the emails I used to get on the old MCF forums were notifications when people reply to MY post. The emails notifications I get now are notifying me of people's replies to the thread - not just to me. I want to only receive email notifications when people respond to MY replies, not notify me whenever there's any reply to the thread.

Β 

Can't seem to find an option for this. It used to be the main reason I visit MCF, but now i cannot keep track of my posts.

Β 

Solution? Thanks so much in advance! :)

Β 

Is there a compiled list of abbreviations ?

The "old birds" here uses all sorts of acronyms and sometimes i don't know what is that !

Β 

i think it's good for car idiot like me. [confused]

Is there a compiled list of abbreviations ?

The "old birds" here uses all sorts of acronyms and sometimes i don't know what is that !

Β 

i think it's good for car idiot like me. [confused]

Β 

try google or just feel free to ask.

Β 

you can also list them here, we'll try to clarify.

Hi,

Β 

Am new here, can't seem to be able to start a new topic. Says i don't have permission?

Β 

Please advice.

Β 

Thanks!

hi

Β 

you need to clock 25 10 posts first dude

i been trying to change how the thread looks like... used to be just scroll down and read... now i can only view one at a time and have to click the individual reply.

Β 

Did try to find board setting but cant find the option... can anyone kindly guide me on this....

Neutral Newbie

hi i tried to change my display name but i change can anyone help mi ?TKS

Β 

Your display name is your username.

You cannot change your username.

Neutral Newbie

Hi... how do i advertise if i would like to place my car for rental? Do i need to sign up for any payment. Can u pls kindly assist me... Many thanks...

Neutral Newbie

Hi... how do i advertise my car for rental? Do i need to sign up for any payment? Can u pls kindly assist me. Many thanks...

↑ Advertisement