Paya Lebar Underpass - Has it solved any traffic problems?

Morgan01

Neutral Newbie

Paya Lebar Underpass Opens

not sure if anyone here commutes regularly along this stretch. However since the opening of the underpass it hasn't solved any congestion but rather shifting the jam from A to B. In the mornings the jam is now shifted to the next junction (PL & Macpherson) and stretches till the end of the underpass.

and similarly for the evenings...traffic jams starts from the Lor Ah Soo junction till how sun dr area.

$$$ spend and resolved the problem? Maybe not...there are really too many cars on the roads with more quotas and cheaper COE. so again time to setup the gantries?

Edited by Morgan01
↡ Advertisement

I have the same sentiments as you.

However luckily for me, I am actually the few who benefit from this new underpass coz I dont need to use the underpass at all.

I travel from Bartley Rd to Upper Paya Lebar, then exit b4 PL & Mac junction.

Likewise, when I go home in the evening... now also not caught up in the jam at upper paya lebar anymore.. also no more stupid bus lane which contribute to jams!

Neutral Newbie

same actually the underpass benefited me as well...i turn off at the point before jams picks up both in the mornings and evenings. feel sorry for those who has to continue on the journey :(

Used the underpass from Lor Ah Soo up to PL and it is smooth for me in the evening time after 6pm. Benefit me a lot, did not know much abt the jam in the morning n later in the night.

Neutral Newbie

The turn to Bartley Rd from Upper Paya Lebar is quite badly positioned. Firstly, you got to approach the lights with caution because you can't see them (they're located blocked by the higher concrete wall after a right turn) and there's no caution lights to warn you that lights have turned amber or red. Secondly, that same corner, same direction, one lane wrong and you might go back to Upper Paya Lebar!

I can't wait to see what happens when someone turns into the incoming lane.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if people who design our roads own a car at all.

Neutral Newbie

I have the same sentiments as you.

However luckily for me, I am actually the few who benefit from this new underpass coz I dont need to use the underpass at all.

I travel from Bartley Rd to Upper Paya Lebar, then exit b4 PL & Mac junction.

Likewise, when I go home in the evening... now also not caught up in the jam at upper paya lebar anymore.. also no more stupid bus lane which contribute to jams!

Every morning I use this route to work also. Used to have long jam, need at least 2-3 traffic lights. Now pretty free flow. I reckon this underpass benefit certain motorist.

Neutral Newbie

it seems that its less congested along upp paya lebar between macpherson and bartley during rush hours?

*im basing my observations on one evening and at a certain spot.

↡ Advertisement