Be careful along Lornie Road guys!!! Serious matter...

Urns

Neutral Newbie

Hey peeps just to warn you guys about the U-turn at Lornie Road towards AMK/Bishan/Toa Payoh/Upper Thomson. Yesterday I almost got into an accident and I'm sure there were a few others who shared the same sentiments. At around 6.30pm, I was happily travelling at 80-90 km/h on lane 2 along this route and suddenly a lorry emerged from the U-turn. The manner in which he did the U-turn was slow and it took up 3 lanes altogether! And all these happened for at least 5 seconds. The Merc on lane 1 which was travelling around the same speed had to come to virtually a stop as well as a few others, including me. I could smell the rubber being burnt and I'm very sure some vehicles applied emergency brakes to avoid collision with this lorry. To the lorry driver, please don't be so inconsiderate. Do not think that by getting a Bangladesh to stick out his hand out of your lorry we must all stop for you. To the rest, please be warned along the stretch of Lornie Road near this U-turn.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Just wanna warn you guys because I'm sure like me this is a common route for many of us back to our home sweet home and I don't want a moment of fatigue/lack of concentration on the this poorly-designed road to bring about an accident due to the lack of patience/gungho-ness of other drivers. Drive safe!!!

Neutral Newbie

Anyway FYI I've written in to LTA to do a U-turn only at the traffic lights and not the middle of Lornie Road because it just doesn't make sense.. Still awaiting their reply.. Cheers to all!!

They just implemented a traffic light at the U-turn, saw it yest.

Side note: Wif e kind of rd works they doing at that area, its like a goldmine for workshops... Guys, drive safely and dun let ego get the better of u.

Supersonic

I hope you didn't tell them you are driving at 80~90km/h.

That stretch of road has a speed limit of 70km/h for the reason the road is slightly winding and quite narrow.

If anyone goes 90km/h, then they should be prepared for accidents.

Anyway FYI I've written in to LTA to do a U-turn only at the traffic lights and not the middle of Lornie Road because it just doesn't make sense.. Still awaiting their reply.. Cheers to all!!

In the meantime,can write to National Safety Council too.

http://www.nscs.org.sg/index.asp

I hope you didn't tell them you are driving at 80~90km/h.

That stretch of road has a speed limit of 70km/h for the reason the road is slightly winding and quite narrow.

If anyone goes 90km/h, then they should be prepared for accidents.

Haha, they will reply u: Thank you for ur suggestion and contribution to nation building [:p]

Hey peeps just to warn you guys about the U-turn at Lornie Road towards AMK/Bishan/Toa Payoh/Upper Thomson. Yesterday I almost got into an accident and I'm sure there were a few others who shared the same sentiments. At around 6.30pm, I was happily travelling at 80-90 km/h on lane 2 along this route and suddenly a lorry emerged from the U-turn. The manner in which he did the U-turn was slow and it took up 3 lanes altogether! And all these happened for at least 5 seconds. The Merc on lane 1 which was travelling around the same speed had to come to virtually a stop as well as a few others, including me. I could smell the rubber being burnt and I'm very sure some vehicles applied emergency brakes to avoid collision with this lorry. To the lorry driver, please don't be so inconsiderate. Do not think that by getting a Bangladesh to stick out his hand out of your lorry we must all stop for you. To the rest, please be warned along the stretch of Lornie Road near this U-turn.

why were u speeding? i'll call the TP

Neutral Newbie

why were u speeding? i'll call the TP

that's besides the point dude. my point is be extra careful when you take that route. drive safe. cheers.

Dunno whose idea it was to have a U-turn with traffic lights in the middle of Lornie Road. It's round a corner if you're coming from Upper Thomson side too! Totally ridiculous. Might be some elite person who insists on turning there to his home instead of driving a bit further down to the traffic light junction to do it.

Neutral Newbie

that's besides the point dude. my point is be extra careful when you take that route. drive safe. cheers.

try saying that to the TP??

complete relevant if you really accident there and then.

yes the U-turn there is dangerous and the lanes are very small. Dunno who design this road?? [thumbsdown]

people who try to u-turn there are crazy, stupid or don't mind waiting for a gap. very busy fast traffic and wait long long.

the last lane.. nearest to the walking path.. is so small...

actually like drawn for my car copen... or motorbikes... freaking tight...

with a SUV on middle lane, that lane is almost impossible to use.

can say like use 2 lane to draw into 3 lanes...

be careful... :)

Neutral Newbie

Hope you alert enough not to include that you are traveling at 90kmh along that stretch. Else they can play you back say you admit to be speeding there and send you a ticket conveniently.

That is beside your point but that is beside my point.. my point is not that it's beside your point but in fact it points to your point indirectly creating a new point of not speeding get my point?

↡ Advertisement