Camry, Accord, Teana which is more Luxurious?

Quantum

Camry, Accord, Teana   

493 members have voted

1. 1. which is more Luxurious?

• Camry
    • Accord
    • Teana

My cents worth ...

I've got the camry and be collecting in a few day time.

Did not test Teana becos I dun like the design.

For accord, I have test drive it and could not justify the 10K more in price tag.

I dunno why accord front passenger seat is not electronic, it is still manual - cheapo!!!!

One thing I really like about camry is the front passenger seat controls can be found on the right hand side as well.

I drove up to the North quite a lot and my daughter always sit in front.

On my old car my wife struggles to adjust the front seat becos the controls are manual and on the left hand lower side.

I strongly believe she will enjoy the new features.

Also the seats in camry are more comfortable than accord.

With different price tag especially a 10K difference, camry to me is the worthy choice.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

good reasoning bro. i think u know what you want and make your decision accordingly. Congrats on your new ride.

btw, u just debunked the "myth" that pple who buys "T" n "H" are just following the crowd... n those who buy "N" knows how to think

OOPS! [thumbsup]

Edited by Notsogoodman

Accord is a pretty ugly car. It just does not stand out. In terms of performance, it must be your long established peception that Accord should be better in performance, Why don;t you go and do a back to back test drive of both Accord & Teana. You will be surprised.

Indeed, its based on perception and what most ppl say here. That's why I use the word "probably". Personally, I'll choose either Camry or Teana. Used to drive Camry back in US and we really tortured the car and the mileage reach over 200k miles and still fine. Since it was a company car, doubt anyone bother to send for service. Not sure bout tomyum camry though.

Neutral Newbie

2010 Toyota Camry LE Sedan Shown

The Toyota Camry quietly debuted late in the 1983 model year, when Toyota replaced its old rear-wheel-drive Corona with the front-wheel-drive Camry, a car aimed specifically at the U.S. market. From these humble beginnings, the Camry would go on to dominate the midsize family sedan segment for virtually all of the next quarter-century, as consumers immediately embraced it for its high build quality, comfortable ride and impressive durability.

Initially available only with a four-cylinder engine, the Camry soon saw the option of a V6 and, as the years went by, upgrades in size, luxury and feature content. The Camry's immense popularity in the U.S. inspired Toyota to set up a manufacturing plant in Georgetown, Kentucky, in the late 1980s. In addition to the base DX and well-equipped LE versions, more trim levels became available, including the sporty SE and posh XLE. Even an all-wheel-drive Camry, dubbed the "All-Trac," was available for several years.

Still upholding its strong reputation despite a few recent blips on the radar screen with regards to reliability, the Toyota Camry continues to be a top choice for those seeking a roomy, comfortable and dependable family car.

Current Toyota Camry

Completely redesigned for 2007, the latest Toyota Camry is offered solely as a front-wheel-drive, midsize four-door sedan. The four traditional Camry trim levels are offered: base, popularly equipped LE, sporty SE and luxurious XLE. Even the base model includes air-conditioning; power windows, door locks and mirrors; cruise control; a tilt-telescoping steering wheel; tire-pressure monitoring; a six-speaker CD audio system; front seat side airbags; full-length side curtain airbags; and four-wheel disc brakes with ABS.

A 2.4-liter inline-4 (158 horsepower, 161 pound-feet of torque) is the base engine, while a powerful 3.5-liter V6 (268 hp, 248 lb-ft) is available on all trims except the base model. Transmission choices for the four are a five-speed manual or five-speed automatic, while the V6 sends its power through a standard six-speed automatic. A gas-electric hybrid Camry is also available and, along with 192 hp, it offers EPA estimates of 33 mpg city and 34 mpg highway.

In reviews, we've commented favorably about the Camry's spacious cabin, powerful and fuel-efficient optional V6, plush ride quality and top crash test scores. Downsides to the latest Camry include some disappointing interior plastics, inconsistent fit and finish and uninspiring driving dynamics for non-SE models.

Past Toyota Camry Models

The Toyota Camry debuted late in the 1983 model year. With each generation typically lasting five years, five generations of Camrys have preceded the latest version. The last two generations will be of particular interest to shoppers looking for a solid choice in the used-car market. The 2002-'06 Camry is a stylish, comfortable sedan that offers a roomy cabin, a choice of inline-4 or V6 power and, depending on trim level and optional equipment, most of the latest safety features such as stability control and side curtain airbags.

The 1997-2001 Camry sedan was somewhat bland in appearance but, like the more recent versions, offered a quiet, stress-free driving experience. Many desirable modern features were also available, including side airbags and antilock brakes (which became standard on all trim levels except the base CE).

Although a Camry older than 1997 is likely to have quite a few miles on it, it is still something to consider for folks on a tight budget. Provided it has been faithfully maintained, a 1992-'96 Camry (which was available in coupe, sedan and wagon body styles) should be able to spin its odometer to nearly 200,000 miles without major problems. It's this final trait, more than any other, that has kept the Toyota Camry popular with buyers over the last two decades.

• Praise 1

All are nice executive sedans... but no way they are luxurious.

Maybe you can tell us what is your definition of luxury.

Just came back from Tanchong after my buddy test drove the 2.0 Teana. I can tell you if I had to choose among the 3, it would be Teana 2.5.

And yes, to me, it definitely feels luxurious. It is so comfortable that you won't feel like speeding.

• Praise 1

Luxury to your eyes? Most probably Accord

Luxury to your comfortness? Probably Teana

Luxury in term of showing off to other friends? None of them

Luxury in term of performance? Probably Accord

[thumbsup] Great sum up

• Praise 1

Luxurious?????

These 3?

how about d) none of the above.

TS asking for most Luxurious between the 3 Jap brand thus just stick to these 3 brand and give him/her your view la.... [gossip]

Like people ask between DBS, UOB and OCBC which got best customer service?? than you say Citibank [hur]

who is the kuku [rolleyes]

hee hee no offense [wave]

TS asking for most Luxurious between the 3 Jap brand thus just stick to these 3 brand and give him/her your view la.... [gossip]

Like people ask between DBS, UOB and OCBC which got best customer service?? than you say Citibank [hur]

who is the kuku [rolleyes]

hee hee no offense [wave]

OK I kuku loh...... haha

Edited by Throttle2

Why must you say that?

OK lah, my next car, i will try to buy Jap.

oh pls dun do that. if conti spokeman downgrade to jap, then what those currently driving jap goes? [speechless] BMW?

Why must you say that?

OK lah, my next car, i will try to buy Jap.

i think you need not try lar , nothing in the current line up is up to your mark .

However I do think that with the same price range , I'll look/stare closely at the superb 1.8T.

Clutched

My cents worth ...

I've got the camry and be collecting in a few day time.

Did not test Teana becos I dun like the design.

For accord, I have test drive it and could not justify the 10K more in price tag.

I dunno why accord front passenger seat is not electronic, it is still manual - cheapo!!!!

One thing I really like about camry is the front passenger seat controls can be found on the right hand side as well.

I drove up to the North quite a lot and my daughter always sit in front.

On my old car my wife struggles to adjust the front seat becos the controls are manual and on the left hand lower side.

I strongly believe she will enjoy the new features.

Also the seats in camry are more comfortable than accord.

With different price tag especially a 10K difference, camry to me is the worthy choice.

[thumbsup] yeah. that's y i choose a camry too.. [drivingcar] since late dec 08'

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Umm...Definitely Teana if I have to choose most luxurious between the three.

Camry feels like an upgraded Altis. Uncle car......that's why sell a lot.

Accord is ok...good balance between luxury and performance.

Teana is the most luxurious feel.

My take. If you want comfy--->Teana

If you want comfy and performance then Accord.

If you are old and uncle-like, then Camry.

Neutral Newbie

Luxury to your eyes? Most probably Accord

Luxury to your comfortness? Probably Teana

Luxury in term of showing off to other friends? None of them

Luxury in term of performance? Probably Accord

this pretty sums up the discussion....

Teana's comfort level is best among the 3. Accord for performance and looks. Camry... value for money maybe?

jus my 2 cents [:)]

• Praise 1

Just curious...

above affordable Jap luxurious sedan [scholar]

I vote Teana [inlove]

IMHO, Teena's interior is the most luxurious in term of feel and touch. Accord has a good balance.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement