Sit there horning won't solve problems....

Pocus

Turbocharged

Was at Anchorpoint(Queensway opp IKEA) last night shopping. I parked at the carpark underneath at B2.

As I came out of the lift, I saw all the cars queued from the exit gantry all the way to the other end of the carpark. At first I tot "sianz liao, long queue" then I realise the cars are not moving. I looked at the exit point, apparently the barrier fail to lift up and there appears to be some mechanical fault. There's no staff around and it looked like the carpark attendant altready call it a day as the boxoffice is closed.

I saw some cars trying to leave the exit from the entrance when the barrier lift up. But for the rest of the car they were stuck.

As I was walking to my ride with my wife, I saw some guy looking at the exit gantry trying to call for help. He took out his handphone and looked like his calling some helpline. But looked it the helpline didn't get through. Cos I saw him putting his phone way and walk back to his car.

That's when some chaos start. SOME JOKER started horning and to my surprise, EVERYONE START HORNING!! I was like "WTF, you think horning the barrier will lift up?" [hur]

Then there's silents again and then EVERYONE STARTED HORNING again.... <_<

I told my wife to stay put beside the our ride, I walked towards the gantry. At this time, an uncle also came forward. "Looks like it's broken" we discussed.

Then the HORNING STARTED AGAIN....it's as though it's some synchronised ochestra..

We walking around the gantry. I was looking at the ticket box trying to figure a way to call for assistance. Then the uncle did some that I was very impressed. He walked to the barrier and simply LIFT IT UP. [idea]

"Go Go GO!" he shouted to the cars.....all the cars start moving off. Some wave back at us thanking us, some didn't even care.

I thanked the uncle and we walked back to our rides. I see that all the cars managed to lift the carpark and was relieved. Got back into our rides and left (the stupid gantry still deduct my cashcard while I pass it)

Conclusion:

1) To uncle who drives the Volvo SUV, kudos to you for thinking out of the box to solve the problem. I hope to have such keen instuition as you. :) [thumbsup]

2) To guy who tried to call for help but give up. My wife saw you horned. Thanks for at least trying to do something, though I have to admit we really "just follow law"....didn't think hard enough out of the box....but at least we try to do something.

3) To the rest of idiots who only sit in their cars, wasting their own petrol and HORN HORN HORN, waiting for problems to be solve (esp thoses thankless ones). Shame on you! You must one who only know how to kaopeh this and that, scold gahmen and do nothing. It the event of disaster, you will be the ones stranded and first to die and yet kaopehs and do nothing only. Hope you learn some lesson someday. [furious]

↡ Advertisement

3) To the rest of idiots who only sit in their cars, wasting their own petrol and HORN HORN HORN, waiting for problems to be solve (esp thoses thankless ones). Shame on you! You must one who only know how to kaopeh this and that, scold gahmen and do nothing. It the event of disaster, you will be the ones stranded and first to die and yet kaopehs and do nothing only. Hope you learn some lesson someday. [furious]

Did you any chance hear tis type of horn? If not yes they are idiot, their horns CMI.

Horny

common happening.. some horn to get some further attention.. some just can't be bother except to lift their hand.. some just get down to getting things moving..

Neutral Newbie

TS ... must know that it is not the fault of the drivers. The full blame is on the owner/operator of the car park.. who... charges for it.

At all time the operator need to ensure the exit works, or need response within x minutes if something goes wrong.

If car drivers come out and fix it... and damage it, they will be liable to pay for it.

Horning is to get the attention of the real culprit, the operator. Is there a phone number displayed anywhere they can call? You have no right to label them idiots.

Note: I wasn't there.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Yes I know the operators are fully to be blamed. But this is not about the operators, it's about the reaction from carpark users.

The other guy called the number... boh response..... so how? Must we sit on our cars and suck thumb? It's quite late at nite, The horning didn't attract any commotion except irritation to my ears. So the only way is to act. And it's not something reckless like climbing out of a stuck lift. A simple exploration to the problem solves it all.

Maybe I'm too harsh to call the rest idiots...but you get my drift... oh they did something....they horned!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention some of those idiots who cut queue to exit before the rest.

Edited by Pocus

and then there's those that kept their cash card there for deduction when barrier is lifted..

Yes, I would have taken out my cash card to skip the deduction...

I learn something.

Next time I will ask my wife to lift up the barrier while i drive to exit.

*Free Parking*

for a few dollars... I think "face" is worth a bit more than that..

if anyway shd do it, then do it at places like clifford center, fullerton, ORQ, etc.. a day of parking can be worth a buffet at The Line..

Neutral Newbie

That Uncle managed to lift the barrier by himself?

I ever caught in such situation before. Its a Outdoor

Carpark and the barrier was faultly, I am front in the line

of cars waiting to exit. I got out of my car and instantly,

I tried to lift the barrier. It was so stiff and it just refuses

to move. The 2nd car owner saw what I am doing and he came

to help too. So both of us used Bull Strength and still the barrier

refuses to move. Then the 3rd car owner, which happen to be

a 10ft lorry driver come forward to us and told us to reverse

our car and let him be in the front line.

we did as we were told and this lorry driver actually use his

truck to bulldoze the barrier down, breaking it by the neck

when he gets to the front.

I was fascinated by his action but who cares since we are

free to exit now.

I was just thinking why is the barrier not able to be lifted up

by force when it is faulty?? Shouldnt it be some kind

of Pressure Relief mechanism in the barrier system in case of fault..

P/S : we tried to call for assistance but it just dont get through.

Even the cars in the 4th - 5th line also obediently reverse and

let the lorry driver to move to the front.

Rather get the things done and get moving then staying put

and getting fustrated..

Edited by Godfinger

anyone remember the ambulance that was stuck for wat, 10 mins becos the ambulance did not have a cashcard as they are supposed to be allowed free entry / exit? dun think all barrier can be lifted easily...

isn't it obvious that the cars behind the queue horned because they had thought that some car had blocked the exit, not knowing its the barrier was mal-functioning ?

Turbocharged

and then there's those that kept their cash card there for deduction when barrier is lifted..

Thanks for the sarcasm....I guess some ppl can get away with calling others in the forum while some got suan for calling ppl who may not even be in the forum.

Turbocharged

The car park operators who decide to use the barrier system for convenience should be prepared for any possible technical breakdowns. This is obviously lacking.

That reminds me of our Flyer. Installed and operates the big wheel but does not have any back up plans in the case of a breakdown. [shakehead]

Edited by Albeniz

Turbocharged

That Uncle managed to lift the barrier by himself?

I ever caught in such situation before. Its a Outdoor

Carpark and the barrier was faultly, I am front in the line

of cars waiting to exit. I got out of my car and instantly,

I tried to lift the barrier. It was so stiff and it just refuses

to move. The 2nd car owner saw what I am doing and he came

to help too. So both of us used Bull Strength and still the barrier

refuses to move. Then the 3rd car owner, which happen to be

a 10ft lorry driver come forward to us and told us to reverse

our car and let him be in the front line.

we did as we were told and this lorry driver actually use his

truck to bulldoze the barrier down, breaking it by the neck

when he gets to the front.

I was fascinated by his action but who cares since we are

free to exit now.

I was just thinking why is the barrier not able to be lifted up

by force when it is faulty?? Shouldnt it be some kind

of Pressure Relief mechanism in the barrier system in case of fault..

P/S : we tried to call for assistance but it just dont get through.

Even the cars in the 4th - 5th line also obediently reverse and

let the lorry driver to move to the front.

Rather get the things done and get moving then staying put

and getting fustrated..

Wow the lorry guy is [shocked]

For the barrier...the uncle just easily lift up the level with the tip of his hand. no force applied. very easy leh.

Wow the lorry guy is [shocked]

For the barrier...the uncle just easily lift up the level with the tip of his hand. no force applied. very easy leh.

That thing is easy to lift and remove even....

light....

once i saw a malay kid cycling and he bumped his shoulder on the barrier when i came down the whole thing dropped off