Is the Mazda 6 good ?

Vextan

I am changing car and have always been fond of the Mazda 6, for its style and even more for its wonderful balancing and ride. Would like to find out from the horse's mouth if this car is good or not ? Owners any regret ? Thanks a lot, before i put the pen to paper.

↡ Advertisement

hey.....being a owner of 2 Mazda 6 (2.0 and 2.3) may be baised but Mz6 is a good sturdy and reliable 2.0 litre car. if u r looking at a 2nd hand the mz6 SP <3 yrs is a good buy right now about 45K or less only. if u need more input you can join us at the mazda forum where all us can help you with the queries :)

Upside

- Reliable

- Very good handling

- sporty looking

- Sturdy and very stable in high speed

- Spacious

Downside

- body is heavy so fuel consumption is slightly high but can achieve 10-11 with good driving habits

- 2 litre is little bit sluggish on the low end due to weight. But mid to high gives u a good power easily

- 0-100 10.3 seconds

are you referring to the new design model recently released? a friend drives that car, the 2.5 version. Good car for the money. FC is a little high (8-9km/l) but engine is nice and peppy (though a little noisy and rough). Interior luxury is good, but exterior styling is better. 2.0 model is a little underpowered especially when moving off from a standstill for the first one or two gears. The difference gets less once the car gets going. Suspension a bit on the firm side but by no means uncomfortable, rather it lends a slight sporty feel. Plenty of room in the back seats if you are a family man. overall i consider the car a good 'young man's alternative' to the camry and accord.

I think the 2.5 is the best value for money. Its absolutely loaded with features you wont get on the base 2.0 version. for about 10K more. I think its very worth it for all that stuff and the better engine

The only one thing i really hated about it was the fact that the electric front passenger seat has no height adjustment. It only allows you to adjust seat recline and make the seat move forward and back. huh?!?!

Forgot to add...if you do get the car...please...get it in white, it is by FAR the best colour option available for it

Edited by Blackreplica

For the price you are paying, beware of the low OMV of the Mazda6.

anyway... if you are looking for a sporty drive, the alternatives are only Ford Mondeo and Subaru Legacy.

its a great car anyway.... FC is scarily high for the 2.5L... about the same as Legacy.

Drove my friend's 2.5 M6 for 2 times already. Only complaint is sometimes got to step a little more for power but trust me. the power is there. FC is around 10km/L. I'm average footed.

[drivingcar]

Me too I like the Mazda 6 design.. and it's comfort ride, It was design in Europe targeting the Conti market and as such the body weight and nice handling.

The engine is a little dated though and you need a 2.5l to really live up to the outlook reputation..

Mondeo 2.3 uses the same engine but more refine handling but losses out in looks.

My bet is on Superb, best power from the 1st gear.. and with DSG, and only 1.8T, better FC than 2.5 with more power. it's way much more fun to drive but the looks department is after Mondeo..

Test drive all la bro.. then take the one that you can live with in the next 5 years!

hey.....being a owner of 2 Mazda 6 (2.0 and 2.3) may be baised but Mz6 is a good sturdy and reliable 2.0 litre car. if u r looking at a 2nd hand the mz6 SP <3 yrs is a good buy right now about 45K or less only. if u need more input you can join us at the mazda forum where all us can help you with the queries :)

Upside

- Reliable

- Very good handling

- sporty looking

- Sturdy and very stable in high speed

- Spacious

Downside

- body is heavy so fuel consumption is slightly high but can achieve 10-11 with good driving habits

- 2 litre is little bit sluggish on the low end due to weight. But mid to high gives u a good power easily

- 0-100 10.3 seconds

Good car, but just add another downside:

- No rear aircon vents.

For the price you are paying, beware of the low OMV of the Mazda6.

anyway... if you are looking for a sporty drive, the alternatives are only Ford Mondeo and Subaru Legacy.

its a great car anyway.... FC is scarily high for the 2.5L... about the same as Legacy.

ya lor, i also notice the low OMV but higher selling price of mazda 6.

tat time i was evaluating mazda 6 2.0 and civic 2.0 and when i take a look at the omv from lta website, civic is easily higher by around 2k to 3k if i remember correctly. but when u look at the selling price now, it is more expensive than civic.

Mazda once told me u pay more for comfort, handling and conti build quality.

thanks for all your replies and opinion. much as i like the car , especially for the ride and balancing, i find the high price and low omv to be of no good economical sense. the only other choice that attracts me is the honda accord, but it is out of my budget (<80k). i might just wait for the price of the M6 to drop, or wait for the new M3 and see how. Any ne knows if there are used Mazda 6 (the new model) available in the used car market ?

tat time i was evaluating mazda 6 2.0 and civic 2.0 and when i take a look at the omv from lta website, civic is easily higher by around 2k to 3k if i remember correctly. but when u look at the selling price now, it is more expensive than civic.

Yep this is the "very" downside of Mazda 6. In fact not only the OMV is low, the general re-sale of Mazda6 is not as attractive compared to Civic which has good local resale. So this is factor especially when buying 1st hand Mazda6.

thanks for all your replies and opinion. much as i like the car , especially for the ride and balancing, i find the high price and low omv to be of no good economical sense. the only other choice that attracts me is the honda accord, but it is out of my budget (<80k). i might just wait for the price of the M6 to drop, or wait for the new M3 and see how. Any ne knows if there are used Mazda 6 (the new model) available in the used car market ?

there are quite a good number of mazda6 sold on the sgcarmart.

In fact, the 2nd hand Mz6 is very attractive becos the 1st owner takes a very big hit. You can even purchase the Mz6 2.3 for around 50-52K. there is currently one Mz6 2.3 SP on the market which looks attractive. Check it out. Can pm me if u need to known anything abt the mz6

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...572&DL=1000

AS mentioned.. you have to pay more for the comfort, handling and Conti build quality.. you can also look at Opel Astra Sedan 1.8A. Truly conti built, comfort and handling for just slightly more than $60K. Go down to the showroom to find out the actual price..

Thanks, but I mean the current latest model. is there any in the used car market ? dont mind any colour though.

actually rear air con vent to me is not important as most of the time drive alone or with vehicle commander.

AS mentioned.. you have to pay more for the comfort, handling and Conti build quality.. you can also look at Opel Astra Sedan 1.8A. Truly conti built, comfort and handling for just slightly more than $60K. Go down to the showroom to find out the actual price..

noted. but i once had a french car and am dismayed by the high maintenance cost (both labour and parts) and minor reliability issues such as whell bearing and power window failing etc. now driving jap car so much more trouble free and cheaper.

i was awed by the M6's ride and balancing, like a conti car indeed. it was once 76k but now somehow increased, donno why. haiz.

Supersonic

Rubbish. Mazda sells less cars than Honda or Toyota, so they gotta make a bigger profit margin for each car sold. That's all. That is the reason why I have been put off from buying a Mazda, because of the much higher profit margin made by the AD.

Thanks, but I mean the current latest model. is there any in the used car market ? dont mind any colour though.

actually rear air con vent to me is not important as most of the time drive alone or with vehicle commander.

Latest model? nope ....been monitoring...if there is one....errr....you will have a competitor for the car :)

↡ Advertisement