Is the Mazda 6 good ?

Vextan

Thanks, but I mean the current latest model. is there any in the used car market ? dont mind any colour though.

actually rear air con vent to me is not important as most of the time drive alone or with vehicle commander.

i saw one red colour new M6 on sgcarmart selling around 78k a few days ago. only 3 months old. but i try searching again, it no longer there.

↡ Advertisement

noted. but i once had a french car and am dismayed by the high maintenance cost (both labour and parts) and minor reliability issues such as whell bearing and power window failing etc. now driving jap car so much more trouble free and cheaper.

i was awed by the M6's ride and balancing, like a conti car indeed. it was once 76k but now somehow increased, donno why. haiz.

i was told the price increase is due to higher OMV because of raising yen. now M6 is around 90k liao.

Rubbish. Mazda sells less cars than Honda or Toyota, so they gotta make a bigger profit margin for each car sold. That's all. That is the reason why I have been put off from buying a Mazda, because of the much higher profit margin made by the AD.

ya lor... maybe sales talk to entice me to buy a M6. paying 90k+ for a jap car.... mmmm... really a bit cannot digest.

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

Good car, but just add another downside:

- No rear aircon vents.

Not only the rear air-con vents but there are some missing features like the ventilated seats and 3 layer of cushion materials used in the seats.

90K for M6 ????

For that price you can buy the new solid looking Honda Accord leow. Or with that amount, you can also buy the 2.4L Camry. That is power man.

Got this feeling the M6 price will drop after awhile. If really wants to buy, think we should wait.

Neutral Newbie

i was told the price increase is due to higher OMV because of raising yen. now M6 is around 90k liao.

M6 was my dream car for a long time. But when it came time for the crunch, the low OMV versus the high price really put me off. It's a nice car, sure. But the ownership cost is a killer.

Ended up with the Forte in the end! [laugh]

Mazda 6 is good car, I own my Mazda 6 SP for 3.5 years now traded last week now waiting for my new car. I guess the 90k range is for new Mazda 6 2.5l quite well equipped car with good Bose stereo system. One lesson I took from my Mazda 6 is the pain when it time to let it go. The paper value damn low....

Even for Mazda 6 2.5l now OMV is around 23-24k but selling at 90k

But I really enjoy the handling of my Mazda 6 SP and it was good looking car 4 years ago I still prefer this model compared to new design.

agree with most of the bros. Mazda 6 is a good car. Sleek, nice interior, nice to drive

only 3 bugbears for me :

1. Mazda engines not a strong point - lack of a V6 option for the 2.5L. Honda, NIssan and Lexus/Toyota seem to be making better engines than Mazda

2. Poor resale value of Mazda

3. Launch price of new mazdas are ridiculous. wait for 2 yrs first after launch. i would really consider a MPS model that is clearing stock or at the end of the life span.

Mazda 6 is good car, I own my Mazda 6 SP for 3.5 years now traded last week now waiting for my new car. I guess the 90k range is for new Mazda 6 2.5l quite well equipped car with good Bose stereo system. One lesson I took from my Mazda 6 is the pain when it time to let it go. The paper value damn low....

Even for Mazda 6 2.5l now OMV is around 23-24k but selling at 90k

But I really enjoy the handling of my Mazda 6 SP and it was good looking car 4 years ago I still prefer this model compared to new design.

no leh... 90k is the 2.0l model. u can take a look at the sponser section of this forum.

ya lor, i also notice the low OMV but higher selling price of mazda 6.

tat time i was evaluating mazda 6 2.0 and civic 2.0 and when i take a look at the omv from lta website, civic is easily higher by around 2k to 3k if i remember correctly. but when u look at the selling price now, it is more expensive than civic.

Mazda once told me u pay more for comfort, handling and conti build quality.

mazda told me you pay for the specs...isnt the specs alr incl in the OMV? [hur]

U missed the lowest price November last year. Very happy with it.

I got the 2.0 for $74000.

2 weeks later, it was selling at $71000.

Now the price is higher due to new batch with very high YEN and for 2.0 at $88000, dun think it's any good deal anymore.

ya lor... maybe sales talk to entice me to buy a M6. paying 90k+ for a jap car.... mmmm... really a bit cannot digest.

When I was shopping for a car last year, I did seriously considered M6. I really liked the looks of the car, it's very classy, and the stereo was [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

But then I was very put off by the price [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown] 90K + and insurance for a P-plater like me was 3K. Eventually I purchased a 1.8 Civic.

6 month later (now), I'm itchy already. I would loved to have a car that is better insulated in term of noise - lot of wind and tire noise, which I don't like. And the suspension is kind of on the hard side. As this car main purpose is to ferry my family and friends around, passenger comfort is rather important to me, and in these two areas, my Civic is still not quite there yet.

But it's plus point is driveability, it's handling and pickup just nice for our road conditions.

noted. but i once had a french car and am dismayed by the high maintenance cost (both labour and parts) and minor reliability issues such as whell bearing and power window failing etc. now driving jap car so much more trouble free and cheaper.

i was awed by the M6's ride and balancing, like a conti car indeed. it was once 76k but now somehow increased, donno why. haiz.

You are comparing the French makes against the German... it's like "old" Korean vs Japanese.

Anyway.. take your time. Test drive all types of cars and put the facts on paper.... But as always buying cars are beyond logical facts... it's what you can "gam" with .. :)

I am changing car and have always been fond of the Mazda 6, for its style and even more for its wonderful balancing and ride. Would like to find out from the horse's mouth if this car is good or not ? Owners any regret ? Thanks a lot, before i put the pen to paper.

Many people complaint about low OMV of the Mazda car. Please do a check to make sure that the current price you paid for, come with a higher OMV. I bought my Mazda 5 in Nov 08 and the OMV is about $22k. Now the OMV for Mazda 5 is about $26k, that is why all Mazda cars are quite expensive now due to Yen.

U missed the lowest price November last year. Very happy with it.

I got the 2.0 for $74000.

2 weeks later, it was selling at $71000.

Now the price is higher due to new batch with very high YEN and for 2.0 at $88000, dun think it's any good deal anymore.

I think you bought almost same time as me but I gotten Mazda 5. I bought mine for $70k+ and it drop to $67k 2 weeks later. Now selling at $79k [sweatdrop].

Anyway, enjoying my ride now [thumbsup]

u buy car to drive or to sell? if u gonna drive the car for 5yrs or so, why bother about the OMV?

if you buy the car to sell, then dun ever make such investment in the very first place [laugh]

I have both the M6 2.0 and the Civic FD 2.0 at home.well, the civic is mine while the M6 is my dad's.

I've driven both quite alot...

Firstly, cannot compare Civic to Mazda6, M6 must compare with Accord, Civic compares to M3.

The M6 is a very good handling car except you can really feel the weight of the car when moving off...and yes, the 2L is really underpowered when moving off..FC wise is also quite bad. BUT rev it hard and you do get the power...

The build quality and drivability is better than the Civic but cost wise is also alot more. However, the biggest problem is the resale...my dad wants to change but he'l end up losing almost 40k, so no choice but to carry on driving.

The civic is much lighter, I'm driving the manual so power when moving off and overall "sportiness" in drivability is better than the M6, just not as comfortable..The suspension is to me harder than the M6 but more "damping" factor...FC is also better...

Space wise, Civic definately lose to the M6...M6 is bigger in every sense.

agree. i think Ford Mondeo is better and cheaper. let us forget about the myth of

good resale value of Jap cars, it'd never happen.

↡ Advertisement