Thunderstorm with Raining "ICE" Today..

Powerkeong

Oooo...hail storm....the last time was at bishan area.

No wonder while cycling back home so many tree branches lying on road side.

Today (15 March 2009) around 3.10-3.20pm, I was driving along Jurong East Central under a heavy thunderstorm when suddenly, the raindrop sound become different and i see small balls of ice dropping from the sky onto my windscreen.. The rain got so big that eventually, my gf n I decided to stop at nearby Jurong East MSCP to shelter my car from the ice. Within 10 min of stopping the car inside the MSCP, the MSCP start to flood. Luckily, the rain got smaller and we decided to move off towards Suntec City for IT show. The destruction of the storm is catastrophic. I see numerous malfunction traffic lights, many trees kanna blown off it root at jurong east area, traffic jam + accident at Jurong Town Hall Road, Trees hit a car on the road and falling branches all over the road... All in 10min..

Strong Wind was also experience when i was fetching my girlfriend from Bukit Gombak. I can feel my car shaking buy the strong wind..

Weather in singapore nowadays is [:/]

I hope its the end of the entire world...not just Singapore alone.

Freakish things are happening in Singapore from the news I read in newspaperlately.

Today 16march09 @ 1pm+ also got super duper heavy rain at bukit batok driving center....damm...missed my motorcycle lessons due to the extreme heavy rain.

I hope its the end of the entire world...not just Singapore alone.

Freakish things are happening in Singapore from the news I read in newspaperlately.

Today 16march09 @ 1pm+ also got super duper heavy rain at bukit batok driving center....damm...missed my motorcycle lessons due to the extreme heavy rain.

don't like this ler...I still want my kids to live the world...even if it is cruel to face...

bro... when its time to go, its time to go... dun dwell to much about it..

Hahha.. Yr 2012 is one thing [angel][lipsrsealed]

My concern is whether or not to upsize my wardrobe for seasonal clothings.. [pirate][laugh]

if really like "day after tomorrow", then no more singapore... cos will be under water...

we will need to move to australia liao, as northern hemisphere will be hit by ice age [shocked]

I read before that if sea level rises at an alarming level, bangkok will be submerged by water in 10 years time. Their land is also sinking I think.

Edited: found the article

At Bangkok’s watery gates, Buddhist monks cling to a shrinking spit of land around their temple as they wage war against the relentlessly rising sea.

During the monsoons at high tide, waves hurdle the breakwater of concrete pillars and the inner rock wall around the temple on a promontory in the Gulf of Thailand. Jutting above the water line just ahead are remnants of a village that has already slipped beneath the sea.

Experts say these waters, aided by sinking land, threaten to submerge Thailand’s sprawling capital of more than 10 million people within this century. Bangkok is one of 13 of the world’s largest 20 cities at risk of being swamped as sea levels rise in coming decades, according to warnings at the recent Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change held here.

Edited by Fcw75

I see numerous malfunction traffic lights, many trees kanna blown off it root at jurong east area, traffic jam + accident at Jurong Town Hall Road, Trees hit a car on the road and falling branches all over the road... All in 10min..

somehow curious why traffic lights and signals etc etc always malfunction during heavy rains, but erp gantries never fail before.

somehow curious why traffic lights and signals etc etc always malfunction during heavy rains, but erp gantries never fail before.

Maybe we are not sincere enuff in our prayers??? [sly]

And to add on that lightning will always strike at any (re-)erected ERP gantries...... or malfunction in a way that it will credit our cashcards instead of debit [laugh]

Found some dings on top of my car while wiping off bird poo. Total of 8 the size of 5 cent coins but paint still intact and not chipped. 

I recalled having heard a bit of tik tok tik tok sound when driving down AYE a couple of days ago,  could it be hailstones? 

Any one got hit? 

• Shocked 1