Is it worth to be an AAS member?

Quantum

Are you AAS member?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Are you AAS member?

• Yes
    • No

I too am thinking of joining AAS for a while. Last yr they had a big promotion - pay for 3 years and get another year free, entrance fee was waived.

Other than jump start batter in Sg, it is useful when traveling in Malaysia.

Can other bro pl comment on your pleasant experience?

Definitely useful.....and if you have relateives driving too, and if they no member, call you and their car can be started too...

Yes, worthwhile for the drive-ups and they are a reputable organisation, with membership in Msia, NZ, Aus, etc....

Definitely useful.....and if you have relateives driving too, and if they no member, call you and their car can be started too...

Yes, worthwhile for the drive-ups and they are a reputable organisation, with membership in Msia, NZ, Aus, etc....

That was precisely why I joined them last year.

I am also considering but i am still not sure if it is really worth it. If i am to get, it will be mainly for m'sia...but they have limited coverage...some states are not covered.

Currently, AA members have additional 5% on top of site discount at Caltex till the end of 2009.

Can it be used in conjunction with other bank cards too?

Never tried before since I don't have ocbc or hsbc cards, but shouldn't be an issue for other cashback aka dividends card.

Anyone with AA and ocbc/hsbc cards can confirm?

Turbocharged

for malaysia only these places?

FREE BREAKDOWN ZONE

The Free Breakdown Zone is KLANG VALLEY, PENANG, IPOH, MELAKA, JOHOR BAHRU, SEREMBAN and KUANTAN.

The discounts are mutually exclusive. So you can't say, flash the AAS card and pay with the HSBC/OCBC card and expect 5+5+5% discount.

The best way of doing it with the AAS card is to pay with a credit card which gives rebates e.g. Maybank Subaru Platinum or Citibank Dividend

Station - 5%

AAS - 5%

Credit card with rebate - 5%

Total 14+%. It's not 15% because the rebate is given only after taking into account the 5+5%.

FREE BREAKDOWN ZONE

The Free Breakdown Zone is KLANG VALLEY, PENANG, IPOH, MELAKA, JOHOR BAHRU, SEREMBAN and KUANTAN.

Yup, that's what I have been told too. That's why I'm wondering if it is worth taking up the membership. If it's coverage is better, i would have taken it up years ago.

Edited by Silver_blade

FREE BREAKDOWN ZONE

without covering KL meh?

Neutral Newbie

i've been with AAS several years and i find its membership definitely useful especially when u drives an old beat-up car. i've used their services many times for jump-starting, towing and even when i drove my frens car......

there's reciprocal services worldwide like in MY,US, OZ, NZ all of which i've used their services.....

Supersonic

Join AA is like buying insurance. If you don't use them every year for towing, you are just paying for nothing.

I join for one year and then stopped. I find it a waste of money.

Better to find other resources.