Parking Fine at Zebra Crossing

Bluepica

Neutral Newbie

Please do not even try to attempt to appeal. There is absolutely no reason why u should cause your vehicle to be stationary at the zebra crossing.

Don't try to test the law.

Sorry to say... Really no choice bro...

If concerned about the NCD, there's ways to go about doing it.

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Kena first parking summon after soooo many years... At China St, outside YaKun.

What is the fine amount and got demerit point or not ah?

I've tried to search TP webby but can't find the info.

Offence stated: Stopping in a zebra controlled area under rule 10(1) RTR

Happened to me a few year ago, same offence and guess what, same location too!

Write in to TP.

First time 100% reject

Try second time, and failed, try third time.

Try until the cow comes home, and no points will be deducted (Still need to pay $ though)

As for reason/excuse, use your imagination. [pirate]

zebra crossing leh bro..... how u write?

no excuse at all.. really no choice

tell TP that TS is a animial lover, so how can he not like zebra..

maybe they willk appreciate the joke and let him off.. [laugh]

Kenna fine for controlled zebra crossing in front of Pasir Ris Polyclinic bur there is NO pedestrian crossing there. Camera captured my car parked along white line for 3 mins only.

Fined $120 and 3 DIPs points. I am going to ask for leniency and waiver.

Twincharged

riding on this, received this broadcast message ... can anyone verify ?

I think fake. Cuz the TP I encountered only stopped those that never slow down.(I didn't get stopped. I was a pedestrian and just asked him out of curiosity when I saw him camping near a zebra crossing)

Supposed to slow down and then go through if no pedestrians intending to cross. If there is a pedestrian standing near the zebra crossing then must stop and check if they are crossing. 

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 1

Still got old pp like to forward all these lame fake news and believe it.. *YAWNZZ*
  • Praise 1

Dk but if you ask me, I noticed enforcement officers taking video of cars approaching the zebra crossing. But I don’t think they will be that unreasonable to penalise if there are no pedestrians luh

Neutral Newbie

Hi, will like to check on the situation around zebra crossing.

My friend was stuck in a jam, every car inch forward slowly.

Then there is a zebra crossing and the car in front clear it with some space in front of it.

He thought sufficient for him to clear and move ahead. Unfortunately misjudged and end up stopping with half the car on the zebra crossing.

A pedestrian then appear and cross the zebra crossing and got fed up that the car was blocking her way.

End up jesturing and when detour to wallk behind his car, she beat her hand on it, giving it a loud bang.

So want to ask.

1. For my friend to misjudge and end up with half the car on the crossing, is it an offence?

2. While he is in the wrong, does the woman commit any mischief offence by banging his car?

3. If he find dent or scratches on his car, what can he do? Report police?

4. If he cannot find dent/scratches, what he should do? Does he need to make a report in case the woman accuse him of things later?

thanks in advance for any kind advice.

Then there is a zebra crossing and the car in front clear it with some space in front of it.

He thought sufficient for him to clear and move ahead. Unfortunately misjudged and end up stopping with half the car on the zebra crossing.

A pedestrian then appear and cross the zebra crossing and got fed up that the car was blocking her way.

End up jesturing and when detour to wallk behind his car, she beat her hand on it, giving it a loud bang.

So want to ask.

1. For my friend to misjudge and end up with half the car on the crossing, is it an offence?

2. While he is in the wrong, does the woman commit any mischief offence by banging his car?

4. If he cannot find dent/scratches, what he should do? Does he need to make a report in case the woman accuse him of things later?

i guess you are more concern about her beating the car?  not about the offence.

Supersonic

Nowadays most pedestrian very fierce and violent de, they might hit or even kick your car.     

You can try report but the driver would incriminate themselves with a summon. Just move on it’s a mistake don’t get too work up over minor dents if there was any because it can be fixed easily

(edited)

So want to ask.

Leave it.

Come back if there's a TP letter. Ifs only a warning, dun repeat.

Its only a car. Scratches and small ding dents etc leave them. It shows car survived

Edited by PSP415
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1