Toyota Sienta cannot use 16" rims?

Civic6656

A friend just purchased a brand new Sienta from PI. [bounce2]

Have requested PI to upgrade the rims from original 14" to 16" and topped up $500 bucks. [lipsrsealed]

PI just came back saying Sienta can't go for 16" due as car will have insufficient power to move. [furious]

Any bros/sis here driving a Sienta can comment? [:(]

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

WTF? What kinda cheap charlie excuses.......

Whether it moves or not depends on what the owner wants....

Have requested PI to upgrade the rims from original 14" to 16" and topped up $500 bucks. [lipsrsealed]

PI just came back saying Sienta can't go for 16" due as car will have insufficient power to move. [furious]

Thanks!

First of all, what kind of rim+rubber is the PI going to give him with $500 topup??

I'm tempted to believe that they are going to give him some damn heavy steel rim. Although Sienta still can run, it will be very heavy on FC.

If I'm your friend, I will ask for a free 15" sport rim upgrade, then trade them in at tyre shop on the first day of collection.

Thanks!

LOL! that is the biggest joke of the year so far. Even a Getz can move on 17" rims...let alone a Sienta. Ask your friend to ask the PI f-spider.

Ya man! I think so too but since i have not tried this car before, need to seek advice for my friend.

He is now going [hur] over this matter cos he likes big rims... if must keep at 14" i worry he may be the next one to jump MRT track. [angel]

First of all, what kind of rim+rubber is the PI going to give him with $500 topup??

I'm tempted to believe that they are going to give him some damn heavy steel rim. Although Sienta still can run, it will be very heavy on FC.

If I'm your friend, I will ask for a free 15" sport rim upgrade, then trade them in at tyre shop on the first day of collection.

Just 14" steel rims with caps. No sports rims... :angry:

LOL! that is the biggest joke of the year so far. Even a Getz can move on 17" rims...let alone a Sienta. Ask your friend to ask the PI f-spider.

PI just says car won't move. [speechless]

Thanks!

Maybe leave it as stock condition first later than change to 15/16 rim.

(edited)

Maybe leave it as stock condition first later than change to 15/16 rim.

16" rims + tires at S$500 is a good bargin cos PI says no problem before friend signed on dotted line last week. Now called and says 16" cannot fit the car. [rifle]

Edited by Civic6656

I am driving Sienta with 16".

A few other Sienta owners also on 16".

In fact, in Japan, have Sienta on 17" rims.

I am driving Sienta with 16".

A few other Sienta owners also on 16".

In fact, in Japan, have Sienta on 17" rims.

Cool bro! [thumbsup]

Can you advice what is the correct size to upgrade?

You have a pix of your car with 16" rims (side view)? Can PM me?

I want to [rifle] the PI.

205/45 or 195/50

Btw, the tyres are thin and cannot fill up the huge space in the wheel arch.

If you want thicker tyres which will look nicer, then u need to careful when you do a full steering turn. Best is the tyre shop can test for you.

Edited by Sgnick

Bro,

ask for free 15" rim and tyre. Go and trade in and upgrade to 16" rim + tyres on the day of car collection. You can select your own rim and tyre. PI will only give you lousy tyres.

205/45 or 195/50

Btw, the tyres are thin and cannot fill up the huge space in the wheel arch.

If you want thicker tyres which will look nicer, then u need to careful when you do a full steering turn. Best is the tyre shop can test for you.

okie thanks bro! [thumbsup]