Toyota Sienta cannot use 16" rims?

Civic6656

hi...

not that serious to jump mrt due to rims ha ha... from 14 to 16 will cause a loss...most obvious is the loss in moving off speed followed by higher fuel consumpt. I switched fr 13 to 15 & travelled to msia with 4 adults 1 kid, full load of luggage in trunk & fuel economy suffers drastically cos was doing abt 140 - 150 km/h constantly. Travelling Kuantan highway gotto go down to gear 3 somemore sometimes, perhaps it's my skills that's not so gd. My steering also got alittle more heavier too.

Cheers..

205/45 or 195/50

Btw, the tyres are thin and cannot fill up the huge space in the wheel arch.

If you want thicker tyres which will look nicer, then u need to careful when you do a full steering turn. Best is the tyre shop can test for you.

If I m not wrong, by opting thicker wall tires, our speedo & tacho will be out of calibration right?

A friend just purchased a brand new Sienta from PI. [bounce2]

Have requested PI to upgrade the rims from original 14" to 16" and topped up $500 bucks. [lipsrsealed]

PI just came back saying Sienta can't go for 16" due as car will have insufficient power to move. [furious]

Any bros/sis here driving a Sienta can comment? [:(]

Thanks!

I spitted my drink when I read this literally.. I thought the reason was the wheel arc/pcd/offset or some other logical answer...

If weight is the concern, my take is go for the ultra light alloy wheels. I did it for one of my ride. The nett weight of the 17" Ultra light allloy+wheel is lighter than the 15" steel wheel+tyre.. so go figure... I did it at H-tyre... Take back his $500 since they are going to give him a crappy "sports" wheel anyway and go H-tyre and ask them for the ultra light allow wheels and pump in the Nitro Gas.

Look for 6kg~7kg for 16" and 6.5kg~7.5kg for 17" alloy wheels...

Cheers!

Neutral Newbie

What tyre size you using? That pic, is on a Sienta?

yes it's on a sienta. it's low profile michellin, exact specifications i'm not sure as given by supplier

yes it's on a sienta. it's low profile michellin, exact specifications i'm not sure as given by supplier

Specifications should be able to read directly on the tyre itself, eg 205/45 R16 or something like that

205/45 or 195/50

Btw, the tyres are thin and cannot fill up the huge space in the wheel arch.

If you want thicker tyres which will look nicer, then u need to careful when you do a full steering turn. Best is the tyre shop can test for you.

With  16 inches.  U Turn will create a tyre rubbing sound.

↡ Advertisement