Man refused to give up priority seat....

David

Looks like it's time for Vroomtat to change his avatar liao...

Huh?? Why leh? [sweatdrop]

This kind is not idiot or man, this type is called "chao ku niang" [thumbsdown]

OOoorrrhh eeeee OOOOOrhhhh . . .. . . . Avatar Transform!!

Edited by Vroomtattat

Dun say elderly.. now pregnant woman also hard to get people to give up seats..

Maybe related to the 'kiasu' mentality.. if i give up my seat and u nv give up, i lose..

disappointed with these pple..

self centered people and poor upbringing..

when I was in preschool, my mum would bring me home at times and there's one incident whereby i saw her get up and give up seat to elderly.

I wonder why she would want to do that when I tot others can give up as well. why wouldn't she want to sit beside me.

but then, I learnt, without her telling me, that we shd respect the elderly.

To date, if i were to take public transport, i would look forward, YES, look forward to giving up my seat. it's a feel good feeling although some would say why not enjoy and relax by sitting down.

If i want to sit, i got my own car. but the feel good feeling is something money can't buy....

but don't ask me to give up my driver seat to elderly.. that's another story

I was treated so much better when in Hong Kong!

I was telling everyone at my workplace. Hong Kong makes SG look like a 3rd world country with 3rd world people and 3rd world transport system.

Its not that all of us are ungracious. Its amazing that we have such a guy here with all that hoohaa over HKers as rude and uncouth people. I find them more better behaved and more civil than what this gahment overhypes our people's behaviour to be.

Turbocharged

I was treated so much better when in Hong Kong!

I was telling everyone at my workplace. Hong Kong makes SG look like a 3rd world country with 3rd world people and 3rd world transport system.

two [thumbsup] [thumbsup] for that..

went to HK last year..

was truly impressed by almost all aspects of HK..from their friendliness, courteousness to the efficiency of their transport system..

really puts SG to shame..

MTR is better than MRT by miles!

They got defribilators at station controls and some stations being so big have defribilators at platforms and customer service on the platforms themselves.

got 2 times i gave up for elders..2 times teenagers snatched when the aunties going to the seat [shakehead]

shaking my head...people can see also..so just let it be...

but for me,i wont give up seats to children who know how to stand..just my point of view..buay fall buay dua han...

Edited by Freestylers09

it would be our singapore education system failure.... if we have to rely on priority seat in order to give seats...to the needy

worse is that...priority... people are even not giving it up..... .... sinkapore...up up...and away...

Really? I was at the Aplui Street looking at the LED torchlight. After putting it back and turn around about to walk, it was raining !@#$%. But when I went to the illegal ***dvd, the big brother was the most polite I have seen.

got 2 times i gave up for elders..2 times teenagers snatched when the aunties going to the seat [shakehead]

shaking my head...people can see also..so just let it be...

but for me,i wont give up seats to children who know how to stand..just my point of view..buay fall buay dua han...

Singaporeans are non-confrontational. So CONFRONT THEM!

When I did travel on the trains while carrying my sleeping kid, there are times I did walk up to some chap whom I swear is pretending to sleep (most SGers are ostriches). I politely asked for a seat as my kid weighed like a rock. You will surprised how many people will actually give up. SGers don't like to be caught in this situation.

If you are asked to surrender you seat politely, chances are you will surrender your seat.

If you don't:

1. Somebody did ask you but refusal will mean a failure to emphatize.

2. Failure to emphatize will mean bad karma. People fear bad karma. They do good things when asked because they fear they might be in the same situation in the future and hope that such a deed will be returned in kind.

3. Violent objection will mean the person is an animal. Such reaction will prompt someone else with the above fears to give up their seat to end this impasse. So must look good. Even if the person is bo chap, someone will give you that seat.

Interesting isn't it?

So in your case, confront the brainless teens.

If they give you the bo chap attitude thinking it is cool to take the seats, ask someone else beside if they would give up the seat for the elderly you intend to.

You will see this reaction above. Someone will do it because of another intention. To make the young bozos look like idiots in front of everyone else.

↡ Advertisement