Pasir Panjang Hawker Center - Closing time?

Lightbringer

Hi guys,

Wonder if anybody know what time the bbq seafood/satay stalls close at Pasir Panjang hawker center? And if anybody can give some recommendations for anyplace with such stalls that open till late around the West or CCK area? Thanks in advance [nod]

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys,

Wonder if anybody know what time the bbq seafood/satay stalls close at Pasir Panjang hawker center? And if anybody can give some recommendations for anyplace with such stalls that open till late around the West or CCK area? Thanks in advance [nod]

From what I know .... it closes quite early.

Go Bukit Merah .... along Henderson .... lots of food there.

btw, is e hawker at boon keng finish wif e renovation? I miss my mutton soup :wub:

They move from Geylang back to Boon keng,their original place.

They move from Geylang back to Boon keng,their original place.

thks for e head up bro, now tis is 1 dish tat is worth all e cholesterol. Soupy here i come [laugh]

Twincharged

what comes to your mind when you visit a restaurant and see the signboard says : opening hours 11am to 11pm.

will you still expect to get served b4 11pm or the estimate that the last order will be about 10pm ?

what comes to your mind when you visit a restaurant and see the signboard says : opening hours 11am to 11pm.

will you still expect to get served b4 11pm or the estimate that the last order will be about 10pm ?

Closing at 11pm, usually last order should be before 10.30pm ba.

Twincharged

Closing at 11pm, usually last order should be before 10.30pm ba.

so do you think it will be better for restaurants to spell out last order time along with closing time ?

I was quite surprised when even MFM told me they were closed at 1020pm last night when their board said 11pm.

closing time to me, is the shutter is closed and the staff pang kang liao.

But i know in other countries, especially USA, many people will come in like 10mins before closing time and order and expect to be served. 

so do you think it will be better for restaurants to spell out last order time along with closing time ?

I was quite surprised when even MFM told me they were closed at 1020pm last night when their board said 11pm.

I thought is widely accepted here ? 

Same with clinics, banks, departmental stores etc. Last 10 or 15 minutes they don't let you in liao. 

Closing time means really CLOSE lor. Unless customer wanna spend the night there  [laugh]

But you are right, doesn't hurt to just state the Last Order Timing. 

Edited by Othello

Why argue with them as far as food is concerned? You may win/make them change their mind to make that special dish just for you, but..... there's risks of extra special ingredients. [laugh]

I will just walk away happily even if they close at 8 pm though signboard says 11 pm. Not that food establishments are scarce like those in advance countries.

• Praise 1

I was quite surprised when even MFM told me they were closed at 1020pm last night when their board said 11pm.

I am ok if I walk in at 10.20pm and they tell me the last order timing has passed. Like what someone mentioned, closed at 11pm means shuttle down, staffs preparing to knock off.

But it would be different from retail shops, close at 11pm, 10.50pm I expect I still can go in and buy stuffs and get out by 10.59pm.

But it would be different from retail shops, close at 11pm, 10.50pm I expect I still can go in and buy stuffs and get out by 10.59pm.

small shops more flexible. Larger departmental stores half shutter about 10mins from closing.  

Twincharged

Why argue with them as far as food is concerned? You may win/make them change their mind to make that special dish just for you, but..... there's risks of extra special ingredients. [laugh]

I will just walk away happily even if they close at 8 pm though signboard says 11 pm. Not that food establishments are scarce like those in advance countries.

don't worry ... one thing i don't do, is argue with food establishments.

even if they are slow or bad attitude ... if order already, just wait, eat, go.

if have not order, just walk away.

i know of ppl who really prepared value added meals for customers who kpkb !!

I thought is widely accepted here ? 

Same with clinics, banks, departmental stores etc. Last 10 or 15 minutes they don't let you in liao. 

Closing time means really CLOSE lor. Unless customer wanna spend the night there  [laugh]

But you are right, doesn't hurt to just state the Last Order Timing. 

i have never gone for a late night meal at a restaurant before ... i am a homeboy ... always go home early one. ...

so i was surprised when i encountered this, esp from a big name like MFM.

i guess fast food will be different.

norm for restaurants should be about 30-45 mins before closing time. for some small cafes can be 15mins before closing. kitchen needs time to pack up and clean up.

agree with bros here that the last order time should be stated so as to avoid any confusion.

• Praise 1

Not related to this topic but still on hawker centre.

During the last 2nd GE was promised a new hawker centre at pasis ris.

Fast forward to last GE then they started to build.

Till date after i moved out the hawker centre is still under renovation.

So to build a hawker centre takes almost 2 GE to complete?

I deserved it. Truly.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1